NorthEast BOGO Summer Rally - Sunday, September 9th 2007

The NorthEast BOGO Summer Rally
Sunday, September 9th 2007 @ 9:00AM
Scranton, Pennsylvania.

Your host will be;
Mark Goodell - GrabberPony.com
and
Scott Insley - S4MLSS

Scott has graciously volunteered to assist me with this Rally. Without his help, an event like this would not be possible. Thank you Scott!

The Rally will begin at 9:00am with a visit to the "Steamtown National Historic Site" train museum. The Park Entrance is located at the corner of Cliff Street and Lackawanna Avenue in downtown Scranton, PA.
http://www.nps.gov/stea/
We will visit the museum and take a 30 minute train ride on the "Scranton Limited".

We will leave the musuem at approximatly 11:15am and take a 30 mile cruise to "Harvey's Lake, PA."

Harvey's Lake is the largest natural lake in Pennsylvania. One of it's unique features is the 8.5 mile "ring-road" that navigates the entire circumference of the lake. The lake is visable from nearly the entire length of the road. Many of the area's wealthy have homes on and around the lake.
We will cruise around the lake at the posted speed limit of 35mph. For you BOGO's looking for some attention, I can promise that you will have plenty!

After the cruise around the lake we will travel to "Grotto's Pizza" restaurant that overlooks the lake. We will park all of the cars in thier lot and have lunch.
http://www.grottopizzapa.com/
The restaurant will be the end of the Rally. We can hang out to look at the cars and visit with fellow BOGO's. We can also consider taking another cruise around the lake in the opposite direction of the first cruise.

Below is the Rally Itinerary;
9:00am - Meet at the Steamtown National Historic Site in Scranton and visit the museum.
10:30am - Board the "Scranton Limited" for a 30 minute train ride.
11:15am - Depart Steamtown and begin our cruise to Harvey's Lake. (the first 15 miles or so will be on the Interstate Highway).
12:15 noon - Arrive at Harveys Lake and begin the 8.5 mile cruise around the lake.
1:00pm - Enter the parking lot of "Grotto's Pizza" and enter the restaurant for lunch.
2.30pm - Lunch ends.
We can then hang-out in the parking lot to look at the cars and visit other BOGO's. We may also consider a second cruise around the lake in the opposite direction of the first cruise.
By 3:00pm folks can choose to remain at the rally or begin thier journey home.

To date, the NorthEast BOGO Rally held in May 2007 holds the record for the largest number of GO Mustangs (11) ever assembled in one location. This time around we should be able to set a new record with 20+ GO Machines.

DO NOT MISS THIS EVENT!!!

Thanks!

Mark

IMPORTANT!!

It is very important that we have an accurate count of how many cars and people will attend this event so we can make the required arrangements with Steamtown and with Grotto's restaurant.

I need everyone to confirm that they are coming and how many will be in thier party. All confirmations must be provided no later than September 1st!

Please post a message or send me a PM as soon as possible to confirm your attendance and how many people you will bring.

More details about this event can be found at the following link;
http://www.grabberorange.net/forums/...pic.php?t=2205
Old 8/13/07, 10:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BUMP!!!

New details shown above.

Mark
Old 8/21/07, 02:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BUMP!!

Just want to remind everyone that I would like to receive all confirmations by September 1st.

We will be able to accomodate a few last minute attendees but I really need to have most of you accounted for by the 1st.

Please post a message here or send me a PM to confirm that you will attend and how many will accompany you.

Thanks!

Mark