Grabber Orange Grabber Orange 2007+ Mustangs

Ford brought back Grabber Orange, but why NOW?

Search this Thread

Old 7/20/06, 10:36 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford brought back Grabber Orange, but why NOW?

Don't get me wrong, I'm TOTALLY happy that Ford brought back this color (gee, ya think?)!!!!!! But I've been asking myself why this year? Is it because '07' is the reverse of '70' and it tricks your eyes at first glance? Is it because the Shelby GT 500's were coming out this model year and they wanted something sporty to offer the 'over MSRP' crowd?

Why couldn't they have waited until 2010 for the 40th anniversary? SHOULD they have waited? Another factor that prompted this is all the Dark Highland Green fanatics wanting DHG to be offered on the 08's because it will be the 40th anniv. for the Bullitt fans. Kinda makes sense, don't it?

I know this subject is 'light hearted' (read: no massive brain power needed to respond) but I just had to ask it. Not to mention, there were many Grabber colors. Why Orange and not blue or green? Many members post up the drool smilie anytime someone mentions the words Grabber Blue. Especially those characters over there in the Automotive Art section (AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!).

In closing, let me say hi to all my brothers who drive '07 Grabbah, Grabbahs. There are about six TMS members who either have their cars or are getting there cars in the next few weeks. I've secured grabberorange.net but at this time, have not done anything with it. I WILL. Hang in there. Perhaps when the weather craps up and we're stuck inside.

Meanwhile, if you care to jabber jaw about 'why '07 for Grabber', feel free to plunk on a few keys. I leave you with this quick look from about a week ago...

Old 7/20/06, 01:18 PM
Bullitt Member

If they had come out with Grabber Blue for '07, I might have gotten that instead of Vista Blue.
-Chip
Old 7/20/06, 04:57 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think they were bringing out this color anyway for 2007 and were going to originally call it Valancia (spelling?) Orange, but someone at Ford got the bright idea to rename it Grabber Orange to make it more appealing to the Mustang crowd.

JMO.
Old 7/20/06, 09:58 PM

Not sure why, but I sure am glad they did.

D
Old 7/20/06, 10:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AFBLUE
I think they were bringing out this color anyway for 2007 and were going to originally call it Valancia (spelling?) Orange, but someone at Ford got the bright idea to rename it Grabber Orange to make it more appealing to the Mustang crowd.

JMO.
I agree - this color was on the GT-R Mustang 2 years ago. The timing of switching out select colors every 24 months seems to follow what's happened in the last 10 years.
Old 7/21/06, 06:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
I agree - this color was on the GT-R Mustang 2 years ago. The timing of switching out select colors every 24 months seems to follow what's happened in the last 10 years.
I don't really care why they did it, I was just glad that I wasn't going to have to settle for yet another yellow car. What about the grabber yellow that they had in the 70's as well?
Old 7/21/06, 06:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by pitpup
I've secured grabberorange.net but at this time, have not done anything with it. I WILL. Hang in there. Perhaps when the weather craps up and we're stuck inside.

Dang! You beat me to it. Hey pitpup, I'm an IT guy and I develop .Net web based applications. I could probably lend you a hand, assuming that since you docked it with godaddy you have the ability to sign up for ASP.Net support and what not. Although I have not figured out how GoDaddy expects you to develop databases since they don't allow you to connect to your own web site hosted by Godaddy by using the Visual Studio IDE...

Anyway, let me know when/if you want to talk about this...
Old 7/21/06, 07:27 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by flashfearless
Dang! You beat me to it. Hey pitpup, I'm an IT guy and I develop .Net web based applications. I could probably lend you a hand, assuming that since you docked it with godaddy you have the ability to sign up for ASP.Net support and what not. Although I have not figured out how GoDaddy expects you to develop databases since they don't allow you to connect to your own web site hosted by Godaddy by using the Visual Studio IDE...

Anyway, let me know when/if you want to talk about this...
I, too, am an IT guy. Drop by PITPUP.COM when you get a chance. Eight years on the web... mainly perl/cgi. Just read the first page. It will tell you everything you need to know about my twisted little site.

Me dragging my feet has to do with TIME and not KNOW HOW. I need to find the time to get that bugger off the ground.

Have a great weekend...

P.S. I knew about Grabber Yellow. Did not mention that because they dropped yellow to come out with orange. I was merely curious why orange over blue and green...
Old 7/24/06, 04:49 PM
GT Member

I'm just glad they came out with this Great color. I will say that I had not paid mutch attention to any new colors. But I still remember that morning, sitting at the stop light, looking right & seeing this Beauty sitting on the lot. 4 hours later it was MINE. I think it was ment to be. It's not a color for everybody & I'm very happy it's not!!!!!! BUT Everyone that sees it comes up and says, WOW, That's one HOT Stang!!! And with it being 4 weeks old & in the morning on the way to the office it will turn 4,000 miles, (I really LOVE to Drive) I have enjoyed every mile more that I ever thought I could. Pup I'm on the other side of IT, when you all break things, Servers, Workstations, PC's, Printers, Network Stuff, I now really do "Race right out" & fix things. I'm gonna check out your site now, let me know when you get the grabberorange.net up & running, I'll contribute pics & write ups if you want.

All the best to My Brothers in Orange

Oh Yeah, that's my youngest on her favorite "Pony"
Attached Thumbnails Ford brought back Grabber Orange, but why NOW?-resize-wizard-1.jpg   Ford brought back Grabber Orange, but why NOW?-resize-wizard-2.jpg  
Old 7/24/06, 06:27 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by IndyDale
All the best to My Brothers in Orange
BIO = Brothers In Orange
BOO = Brothers Of Orange
BOGO = Brothers Of Grabber Orange
BOOGER = Brothers Of Outrageous Grabber Engineered Retros

C'mon, join in the fun... let's turn this thread into acronym central. Now start posting! I want to see 50 new acronyms by Friday! Get typing...
Old 7/25/06, 05:02 AM
GT Member

BOGOFOMOCO =Brothers Of Grabber Orange Ford Motor Company

DAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNN = Look At That Color lmffao
Old 7/25/06, 07:17 AM
Cobra Member

BOGOFOMOCO - I love it! Can you join if you're a SLOMOFO?
Old 7/25/06, 08:49 AM
GT Member

I am a SLOMOFO & even more of one when I'm driving cause I'm finding that Grabber Orange must be "Probable Cause". I think they just want to look at the car up close, cause all they says is License, Registration, & Proof of Insurance, Then they just hand it right back to me & say, Have a Nice Day.
Old 7/25/06, 08:51 AM
GT Member

Hey Flash, How far are you from Bethlehem PA? My wifes company has their Main office there. Next time she has to go there, I'm thinkin it would make a nice road trip.
Old 7/25/06, 05:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey Flash, How far are you from Bethlehem PA? My wifes company has their Main office there. Next time she has to go there, I'm thinkin it would make a nice road trip.
Don't you live in Indy? You gonna live in that car, aren't you! Sure, come on up and we'll get together with Pitpup and Cheese...And a whole slew of others.

As far as the Bethlehem question goes, this is going to sound odd, but it is the truth. There are two Bethlehem, PA cities. Are you referring to the one near Allentown (80 miles) or the one east of Pittsburgh (243 miles)?..
Old 7/25/06, 05:40 PM
GT Member

Yep, we live just north if Indy in Carmel. We found that there are 2 Bethlehems when looking at the map. It's the one near Allentown. The other one looked like just 2 cross roads on the map. The wife works for a branch office here in Carmel, & might have to go to the main office once a year.
Old 7/25/06, 09:36 PM
Cobra Member

Say, Gents... is it Grabber Orange in here or is it just me?
Old 7/26/06, 04:15 AM
GT Member

I Think It's Just US. The BOGOSLOMOFOs
Old 7/26/06, 04:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

I am a SLOMOFO & even more of one when I'm driving cause I'm finding that Grabber Orange must be "Probable Cause".
Are you serious about this, have you been stopped? One reason I stayed away from choice #2 Redfire...

On another note, looks like Thursday will be pick up day...gonna be kind of tough since I won't have a way to get my other wheels home..
Old 7/26/06, 06:15 PM
GT Member

Yep, The local cops here in Carmel, are real good at what the dooooooo. But no tickets cause I haven't done anything, they just like to pull over nice cars to check them out. I bet tonight will be like Christmas eve, you won't sleep a wink. Good luck tomorrow & take a camera so you can Post Pics for all to see.

Quick Reply: Ford brought back Grabber Orange, but why NOW?