Alloy Grey Alloy Grey 2007+ Mustangs

How long for assembly?

Old 4/17/07, 08:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How long for assembly?

Does anyone know how long it actually takes a car to go down the assembly line and be finished? I was told my build date was to be April 16th. I'm assuming that probably means sometime this week....not necessarily that the car would actually be started and/or completed on April 16th. It's probably a silly question, but since it was ordered in January and I finally got a build date, I'm beginning to get a bit anxious. It wasn't so bad through Jan, Feb. and March, when the weather was bad, but the weather has taken a turn for the better and I'm beginning to dream of nice spring and summer days and evenings with the window down in my Alloy Metallic Mustang GT!
Old 4/19/07, 03:47 PM

Looks like they're doing at least two Alloys during these two weeks!

Last time I called the VOPC I was told that my build week is April 23rd and to expect the car at the dealership week of May 6. If I'm not mistaken, I think a car may only take a day, two days max to be assembled. After that it's quality control or whatever prep to ship, then transport time on the truck or train, depending on where you are.
Old 4/19/07, 09:16 PM
V6 Member

When I ordered mine, it took approximately 5 wks before being transported. Then I took delivery at the 6wk mark.
Old 4/19/07, 09:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by VA_Ford
Looks like they're doing at least two Alloys during these two weeks!

Last time I called the VOPC I was told that my build week is April 23rd and to expect the car at the dealership week of May 6. If I'm not mistaken, I think a car may only take a day, two days max to be assembled. After that it's quality control or whatever prep to ship, then transport time on the truck or train, depending on where you are.
Holy Cow you're getting yours quick!

Mine's getting some Roush upgrades once it gets to the dealer which will take a few days, so I'm expecting it to be ready for me to bring home around May 10th....give or take a day.
Old 4/19/07, 09:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Sniper415
When I ordered mine, it took approximately 5 wks before being transported. Then I took delivery at the 6wk mark.

I'm already at week 11 and still have a couple of weeks to go...it'll probably be close to 14 weeks by the time I actually get the car.
Old 4/23/07, 07:56 PM
GT Member

I ordered mine 4/6 and was told to call back the first week of May for a VIN. I’m hoping I can get it before the rebate ends on 7/2. That’s a $1000 extra toward my suspension work.

Okay, no one order any Alloy GTs with 18” polished wheels until I get mine, okay.