Alloy Grey Alloy Grey 2007+ Mustangs
View Poll Results: Which hood works better?
Keep the Cervinis, ignore the Knight Rider comments...
73.68%
Keep the stock hood, the Cervinis is "too much"
26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Hoods, can't decide...

Search this Thread

Old 3/23/08, 07:42 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hoods, can't decide...

Okay, I've had the Cervinis Type IV hood installed for a few months now, but lately people have been calling my car "Knight Rider," which REALLY pisses me off considering that my car was completed before even the horrid commercials for that stupid thing even aired...

Anyway, I put the stocker back on to see if it works better with the other mods on the front end (CDC grill, splitters, flat black chin spoiler).

Let me know what you guys think.

Keep the Cervinis or keep the stocker?

CERVINIS:

STOCK:

Old 3/23/08, 07:46 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like them both for different reasons. The KR style hood is very aggressive and mean. The GT hood makes the car look more tame, but also flatter and sleeker.

I voted for the KR hood because it's exciting and different than what I usually see.
Old 3/23/08, 08:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Your Mustang looks great with the Cervinis hood. Leave it on and ignore the comments. I have not heard much since the Knight Rider pilot aired AND they sold two of the K.I.T.T.'s, so they may not even go ahead with the show and everyone will forget about it anyways.

Your Mustang looks much more aggressive and unique with the Cervini's hood. I like the black fanblades as well.
Old 3/23/08, 08:17 PM
Cobra Member

I like the Cervinis, but think that with the height of the hood, the back needs a taller spoiler so it's more balanced. Also, with all the black out on the car, the color tri bar ponies on the side and front grille, stand out like a sore thumb. Perhaps going with some black chrome ones would better suit the whole theme you're going for.

Just my .02

-danny
Old 3/23/08, 08:23 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by pegasusphototx
I like the Cervinis, but think that with the height of the hood, the back needs a taller spoiler so it's more balanced. Also, with all the black out on the car, the color tri bar ponies on the side and front grille, stand out like a sore thumb. Perhaps going with some black chrome ones would better suit the whole theme you're going for.

Just my .02

-danny
Yeah, I originally wanted no badging at all, but received a nasty surprise when I pulled off the GT emblems to find those ugly holes in the fender.

All I could find were the V6 ponies available (because I wasn't putting the GT back on).

Any idea where I can get some black chrome ponies?

Actually, I'd really just prefer to have the ponies (no bars) in black chrome. Let me know if you find a supplier for that kind of thing. I debated taking a dremmel to the V6 ponies, but decided that I'd only muck things up with the black plastic material.
Old 3/23/08, 08:39 PM
Cobra Member

Saw this on a BMC forum about making the center pony black chrome:

Well, i intended to make it completely black. The fact that it came out black chrome, was the accidental part.

So I popped it off, and went looking around for some black spray paint, didnt have any. So then I picked up my can of VHT Nite-Shades (same stuff I used to tint my taillights and turn signals) and figured, what the hell, if it comes out crappy, im just gunna spray paint over it anyway. Took it outside, put it on a piece of newspaper, sprayed it with one good coat. And to my suprise, it was black and chrome lol. and that was that. let it dry, put it back on.

and that folks, is the secret.
So if you buy these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-...em190207999573

And then try to do the black chrome treatment on them.

-danny
Old 3/23/08, 08:55 PM
GT Member

^^^ Thanks!

I just bought those emblems. In the meantime, I think I'm going to "practice" on some spare emblems I have in the agarge using Ventshades to see if I can get the "black chrome" effect right. I don't want to screw up a $50 set of emblems.

As far as the front emblem, I might just remove it completely.
Old 3/23/08, 09:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

So you have to pick between Knight Rider or A-Team?

(car looks tough "Knight Rider" style, so that's my vote and pi$s on those idiots!)
Old 3/23/08, 09:56 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by shaun_beauchamp
So you have to pick between Knight Rider or A-Team?
His GT hood scoop is "hella fast"!

Old 3/24/08, 12:52 AM
GT Member

I don't like the stock hoodscoops! The C. Hood gos perfect with your mods...its a good fit
Im very picky btw...so if I say I like it hopefully that means somethin lol

Night rider *rolling my eyes*
Old 3/24/08, 12:56 AM
GT Member

P.S... please keep posting future photos of your stang, im in love with it. Since I can't mod mine out yet I enjoy looking at yours Love the blacked out rims btw!
Old 3/24/08, 04:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

IMO keep the stock hood. It just makes your car looks better!
Old 3/24/08, 08:17 AM
GT Member

I need to take new photos of it this weekend. The SHR louvers are now installed and my new badges should be here by then. I'll remove the front pony and take some photos this weekend.

Thanks for the compliments! It's defintely not what most Mustang owners would like...
Old 3/24/08, 10:48 AM
GT Member

I am really interested in seeing the results of your black chrome look emblem mod. If I go with black chrome wheels I was going to try that with my emblems. Post pics!

Nice 'stang by the way. Very mean looking.

Martin
Old 3/24/08, 12:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ignore the Knight Rider people - the Cervinis hood looks great on your car.

And a +1 to pegasusphototx - some balance by going with a taller ducktail would really make the whole thing look polished.
Old 3/24/08, 01:37 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

keep the cervinis hood....

it looks way better than the stocker.

dont listen to people that call it the knight rider, they obviously dont know what they are talking about
Old 3/24/08, 01:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well I don't call it Knightrider, but I still think the stock hood looks better on his car. But here you go. I guess its better he decides for himself as it is his car.
Old 3/24/08, 02:37 PM
Cobra Member

I wouldn't go with the taller ducktail. They look nice from the front, but not so much from the back, JMO. Too tall and flat, especially with a stock rear bumper. That would really look imbalanced. I can see with the rest of the C-series kit or something like that, but not with a GT rear bumper.

I think it has a very 60s fastback, big hood-little decklid muscle car feel to it. If anything. I'd try to achieve more balance in the rear with some FAT tires - like a 295 or 315 on a deep-dish wheel. That would make the entire car look more wedge-shaped and aggressive!
Old 3/24/08, 03:31 PM
GT Member

Just found out that Rotorpros makes a BLACK zinc rotor set... Now I can ditch those ugly rusted Ford rotors for some black cross drilled/slotted ones.

That it, IF, I can ever get those wheels to come off. The powdercoating made the inside of the hub smaller and they're really curshed onto the hubs now. >=<
Old 3/24/08, 05:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I voted for the Cervinis, I am too old for that hood I need a more sleather look