Why I think the GT500 market is going to crash soon.

Search this Thread

Old 6/11/06, 06:45 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extras

When the sticker comes down, and you add on all the extra suspension parts your going to need to tighten this car up. About $3500 with labor I suppose.
3920 lbs @ 500 flywheel(430 rearwheel) = 4.3 seconds. Engine great, brakes great, suspension needs work. We'll see how it goes. Erik
Attached Thumbnails Why I think the GT500 market is going to crash soon.-eriksmustang-.jpg  
Old 6/12/06, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by crazyhorse
I'm still confident that they will fall. They always do. My BP is rising from the aggravation of it all.

I don't need to be first, per se. I have been waiting on this car for 8 years. I sold my last Mustang 10 years ago when I went back to school. I justified selling my baby because I would replace it when I finished. 3 kids, 2 student loans and a mortgage later, I still don't have my car. I waited because the new chassis promised a better car than the previous. Now I am being forced to wait again because of dealer greed and buyer stupidity.

I'll get my car. If I don't, I'll get something else (Vette, used Viper. used 911 Turbo or Roush Stage3). I shouldn't be forced to buy one of those other cars. HTT promised they would build one for everyone that wanted one. I still think they will, but, I have no proof of that.

edit: Part of my aggravation with dealers and Ford stems from me being 1st on a list for the Shelby since before the concept was shown. This car was promised to me at MSRP as they had never charged AMV before. This Spring the Ford Reps started selling the GT500 program to dealers by telling them that they would be able to get $20k over sticker for them. Well, of course, the dealer started to see the possibilities for 20 over on his 3-5 cars. crazyhorse gets told he is no longer first or anywhere near it unless he bones up the big cash. Since then the small dealers that I have dealt with for years are now telling me that my business is not important enough to them to sell the car at MSRP because they can sell it to someone else (that they will likely never see again) for more money.
Hey Crazyhorse, I can totally understand that. My husband and I have just been done the same way. We've been waiting 13mths and been 2nd on the list. We've bought 3 NEW vehicles in 3 years with the same (small town dealer and paid huge cash downpayments on each one, two of those in the same year. They just informed us two weeks ago that they've been offered 10 grand over msrp by some other dealers somewhere for 3 cars and if we don't want to put up the cash then they are going to sell this car right out from under us. They are willing to loose three long time repeat customers over three cars. UNBELIEVABLE. We have kept in touch with our salesman on a regular basis about this Shelby just waiting for this car just to get this far and now they slap us with this, how dare they.

2005 Legend Lime GT
2006 Ford F250 Power Stroke
2003 Ford F250 Power Stroke
1995 Ford F350 Power Stroke
1991 Mustang GT
Old 6/12/06, 09:53 PM

ha, didn't know how to add my cars like everyone else does, oh well.. I tried.
Old 6/12/06, 10:16 PM
Bullitt Member

ha, didn't know how to add my cars like everyone else does, oh well.. I tried.
Welcome to the mustang source. Try adding your cars in your signature. I hope your dealer changes their mind, but stand your ground and buy from another dealer if they sell it out from under you.
Old 6/12/06, 11:09 PM

Oh we're going to stand our ground alright. No way are we going to pay them 10g's. Not after all the $'s we've spent with them. The only problem is they are the only dealer in close to probably 100 miles that is getting the Shelby were we live. They are a major Ford dealer around here. We'll have a hard time finding another Shelby if we miss out on this one. Plus this is like Mustang country, everybody has them around here, they are everywhere you look. We live in middle Tennessee and as far as I know they haven't even started ordering them anywhere around here.

I can't imagine this dealership trying to stick this charge on the folks getting the other two cars. I know who they are and I can't imagine them paying that amount over sticker. And if they are not going to pay it THEN NEITHER ARE WE. I don't think it will ever fly. This is a small town and their reputation is at stake here with the other to customers, they are very well know citzens of this town. That might just help us out. GOT MY FINGERS CROSSED.

2005 Mustang Legend Lime GT
2006 F250 Power Stroke
2003 F250 Power Stroke
1995 F350 Power Stroke
1991 Mustang 5.0
Old 6/13/06, 10:32 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good luck CC. Be patient. If this car doesn't work out, another will
Old 6/13/06, 11:01 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Something tells me a lot of dealerships are going to lose money in the long term by making a quick buck.

They screw people over for selling the car for a quick 10,000...
but lose 50,000 in sales because people hear about what they did, or repeat customers don't want to go back and deal with that crap.

Karma...
Old 6/13/06, 06:07 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by ccwinchester
They are willing to loose three long time repeat customers over three cars. UNBELIEVABLE. We have kept in touch with our salesman on a regular basis about this Shelby just waiting for this car just to get this far and now they slap us with this, how dare they.
"Alas, poor Ford, I knew them well..."

As I've been saying all along, short term greed seems to trump long term customer loyalty with this company, and is just another reason why I'm dubious about Ford's long-term survival.
Old 6/17/06, 06:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by instigator311
I definately understand your frustration, the whole thing really sucks and it's a complete slap in the face, especially to loyal customers. But I guess you just have to look at it from the other point of view...you can't take a handshake and a promise of future business to the bank...whereas $60,000+ is quick easy profit no matter how short lived the hype may be ...
Good point but a lot of the customers have not been loyal and now want Mustangs who hadn't driven into a FORD dealers lot in years and now are stampeding in.
Old 6/18/06, 03:37 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by 2005GTDELUXE
Good point but a lot of the customers have not been loyal and now want Mustangs who hadn't driven into a FORD dealers lot in years and now are stampeding in.
I think you're putting the cart before the "horse" there, my friend. Those buyers hadn't driven onto a Ford lot in years because Ford dropped the ball and churned out crap for 25 years. Ford should be THANKFUL that some of them are returning and take it as a sign that they're on the right track.

But instead, Ford gets ONE big hit - so they decide to adopt an arrogant attitude towards buyers? The Mustang alone cannot save Ford.

When Ford turns things around, has a CONSISTENTLY top notch product line across the board, and is profitable again in North America, THEN perhaps Ford dealers can feel justified in being a trifle pompous. But frankly, even then, that's no way to run a business.

This company still has a lot of improvements to make to its products and service if it is to survive. And the competition is getting more severe every year.
Old 6/18/06, 09:12 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by BC_Shelby
But instead, Ford gets ONE big hit - so they decide to adopt an arrogant attitude towards buyers? The Mustang alone cannot save Ford.
Why do you think Ford is trying to take Toyota sales away with the Fusion
Old 6/18/06, 02:35 PM
Closet American

[QUOTE=1969 Mustang Mach 1]

Why do you think Ford is trying to take Toyota sales away with the Fusion
The Fusion is a step in the right direction, but as good as it is (and there is still room for improvement, frankly) it won't make much of a dent in the Nisshondoyota juggernaut...unfortunately.
Old 6/18/06, 04:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

some of those sucker car dealer losers will never see the opp to make 60 grand in one sale EVER so...
Old 6/18/06, 09:02 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Boomer
Something tells me a lot of dealerships are going to lose money in the long term by making a quick buck.

They screw people over for selling the car for a quick 10,000...
but lose 50,000 in sales because people hear about what they did, or repeat customers don't want to go back and deal with that crap.

Karma...
Maybe "Carma" would be more appropriate? Someone needs to tell them to watch that show with a certain "Earl" and his karma issues.
Old 6/19/06, 09:17 AM
Team Mustang Source

I think you're putting the cart before the "horse" there, my friend. Those buyers hadn't driven onto a Ford lot in years because Ford dropped the ball and churned out crap for 25 years. Ford should be THANKFUL that some of them are returning and take it as a sign that they're on the right track.

When Ford turns things around, has a CONSISTENTLY top notch product line across the board, and is profitable again in North America, THEN perhaps Ford dealers can feel justified in being a trifle pompous. But frankly, even then, that's no way to run a business.

This company still has a lot of improvements to make to its products and service if it is to survive. And the competition is getting more severe every year.
That is true now the product is great , I thought being a loyal customer should include 25 years. If a customer has not bought for the past 25 years for whatever reason I do not consider that to be a loyal customer who is sincerely concerned about the future of the a company.
Old 6/19/06, 09:54 AM
Team Mustang Source

Definitions of loyal on the Web:
firm: unwavering in devotion to friend or vow or cause; "a firm ally"; "loyal supporters"; "the true-hearted soldier...of Tippecanoe"- Campaign song for William Henry Harrison; "fast friends"
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
now your gonna pay-Dealer> <Shelby buyer
Old 6/19/06, 02:25 PM
Closet American

That is true now the product is great , I thought being a loyal customer should include 25 years. If a customer has not bought for the past 25 years for whatever reason I do not consider that to be a loyal customer who is sincerely concerned about the future of the a company.

What you're describing doesn't sound like loyalty to me, it sounds like blind devotion fueled by ignorance and stupidity. For example, would you continue to be loyal to your girlfriend or wife if she was continuing to sleep with other guys and generally f*** you over?

Get what I'm saying?
Old 6/19/06, 02:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

What you're describing doesn't sound like loyalty to me, it sounds like blind devotion fueled by ignorance and stupidity. For example, would you continue to be loyal to your girlfriend or wife if she was continuing to sleep with other guys and generally f*** you over?

Get what I'm saying?
Ouch, no...and haven't been loyal, and don't expect anything in return.
Old 6/20/06, 01:53 AM

With 295 million 'Legals' in the US, there are enough people who'll want to get their Shelby first no matter what the cost. They aren't Pee On's like you or me. Cost means little or nothing to them. It isn't going to stop them from being able to pay for their weekly Grocery order. The SHELBY name is magical to Millions of Middle Aged Baby Boomers. Supply will not fill Demand until after the 08's go on sale and or competition arrives.
Old 6/20/06, 05:56 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 07 Shelby
With 295 million 'Legals' in the US, there are enough people who'll want to get their Shelby first no matter what the cost. They aren't Pee On's like you or me. Cost means little or nothing to them. It isn't going to stop them from being able to pay for their weekly Grocery order. The SHELBY name is magical to Millions of Middle Aged Baby Boomers. Supply will not fill Demand until after the 08's go on sale and or competition arrives.
If your theory that Shelby is magical were true, competition would not affect sales. Posts/opinions like this are the ones that are feeding the hype and causing these people to pay too much for the car. People with money do not like to pay too much for a car or anything else. They pay it because they think they have to.

This car is still a Mustang. Ford just put Shelby's name on it. Shelby did not build the car like he did in the '60s. It will NEVER have the same level of enthusiasm and/or respect that the originals did. When Ford floods the market with 13,000 cars/year, the demand will die down and supply will catch up with demand. If Ford can sell them, they will build them. Why wouldn't they?

The market for 500hp cars in this era of high gas prices will not be as strong as the hard core enthusiast, like us, think it will. It is the ultimate factory Mustang as far as we are concerned. It is an impractical car that gets poor gas mileage, has moderate interior quality, a live axle and gets beat by the Corvette at $20,000 less (after ADMs).

Ford will sell all of them, but not at super high prices.

Quick Reply: Why I think the GT500 market is going to crash soon.