Visit to Local Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 8/23/06, 11:48 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tricksixtyfive
I once heard a story of a snake salesman say "they don'y bite"
I've made the same joke...

Another one is to ask a customer "Did I do something wrong, do I owe you money?"

On my side of this fence I've made fun of those customers who just come in with an attempt to ruin my day. It isnt easy but I understand the history of the car business and the salespeople and managers that have set the stage but I dont deserve the *** end of it.

When I really do act very nice and soft voiced and the customer wants to tear me a new one just so they can get such a good deal (for them its literally a steal) it doesnt work. I walk right to my manager and ask him to take care of him or to turn the customer away.

This business is meant to be an experience, an enjoyable one. At our dealership every saturday morning meeting is left with a great quote... "lets go out there, have fun and sell cars."

I could rant forever but it will never sink into the entire public.
Old 8/25/06, 01:25 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cleveland
I could rant forever...
And we still wouldn't understand you.

Old 8/27/06, 07:34 AM
Banned

Boo Hoo! Bwwwaaaaaaahhhhh!

Originally Posted by Webba
Your right, I should but I dont not because of heresay by others but due to my actual dealings with them. Most, not all I realize, in my area are scumbags. They want to decieve you and bend you over and take as much $$ from you as possible. They will lie, cheat, and do whatever it takes other than learning about what they sell and knowing their a*s from their elbow. And then when they do finally have a hot car such as the GT500 that is in demand they will high 5 and celebrate raping a customer right in front of other potential customers. It is unfortunate because it shoundt have to be this way. Buying a car should be an enjoyable experience.
Nothing constructive to say? - Boomer
Old 8/27/06, 06:54 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Scott, the sad thing that most salespeople (unlike all of us here on TMS), are not car nuts. They come in, do their job and leave. They don't have any passion for cars or for the brand that they sell. I'm a car nut (hence my sig below), and I routinely surf the net looking for more info on product. That then translates into doing better business, and helping the customer more. Product knowledge is key.
So true.
I am a car nut.
My Mustang customers (from when I was selling) considered my treatment of them a special relationship. I had one come up to me at a show recently and pointed out to his kids that I was the guy who sold him his Mustang. He shook my hand and thanked me again.
I have been out of the business for over 5 years. I could go back tomorrow and have loyal customers.
Old 8/27/06, 07:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland
you folks really should reconsider treating the sales people as the enemy, they are not all bad.

-Dan

Your right, I should but I dont not because of heresay by others but due to my actual dealings with them. Most, not all I realize, in my area are scumbags. They want to decieve you and bend you over and take as much $$ from you as possible. They will lie, cheat, and do whatever it takes other than learning about what they sell and knowing their a*s from their elbow. And then when they do finally have a hot car such as the GT500 that is in demand they will high 5 and celebrate raping a customer right in front of other potential customers. It is unfortunate because it shoundt have to be this way. Buying a car should be an enjoyable experience.
I agree. I started calling in spring for a Shelby. I was number 2 on the list and the dealer said they never mark up a car. He said I can even have it for A-plan. When it come time to order, he said sorry were only getting one. I find out from other dealer employee's they are getting 2. Rumor around town is the second one is sold for over sticker to someone out of town.