Tentative deal supposedly official...

Search this Thread

Old 3/11/06, 10:05 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are You deleting the rear SHELBY emblem? Personally I think you should look into the Cervini C500 rear wing as it'd compliment that car imensely IMO, but its all to your tastes, Enjoy!
Old 3/11/06, 11:36 PM
GT Member

I was able to get the new Shelby at msrp as I know the owner of the ford dealership, we have been racing together many years,just lucky I guess.But I definitely want to keep the shelby theme to this car by adding side scoops,possibly different rear spoiler and make it look more like a real shelby! IMO,The vert. is really kind of plain looking,compared to the coupe.Oh yea,the wheels got to go also.
Old 3/11/06, 11:57 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fordracing200 @ March 12, 2006, 12:08 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Are You deleting the rear SHELBY emblem? Personally I think you should look into the Cervini C500 rear wing as it'd compliment that car imensely IMO, but its all to your tastes, Enjoy!
[/b][/quote]
The Shelby emblem stays. I will add the SVT emblem, most likely from the '03 - '04 Cobra.

I will not change the front splitter or the rear spoiler, I like both. The scoops are another matter since they can be removed without harming the body and no drilling is required. But there is a dilemma in altering what SVT has designed so I will consider them but probably won't install them.

The beauty of SVT products has always been no changes were needed due to its unique design, with the exception of the catback or in the case of the GT500, the axleback, which if I am not satisfied I will replace them with Borlas.
Old 3/12/06, 01:06 AM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1 BULLITT @ March 12, 2006, 4:00 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The beauty of SVT products has always been no changes were needed due to its unique design, with the exception of the catback or in the case of the GT500, the axleback, which if I am not satisfied I will replace them with Borlas.
[/b][/quote]
...As I have learned, for the exhaust Unless the cats are metallic substrate, which is doubtful due to cost reasons, they will be restrictive around 550-600rw. Aside from the difference in sound, the entire stainless works setup, with 1 3/4" primaries, full 3" mandrel bends in both the X and catback, along with less restrictive louder mufflers, will produce more hp/tq across the board especially in higher boost apps.
Old 3/12/06, 05:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stang22 @ March 12, 2006, 3:09 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
...As I have learned, for the exhaust Unless the cats are metallic substrate, which is doubtful due to cost reasons, they will be restrictive around 550-600rw. Aside from the difference in sound, the entire stainless works setup, with 1 3/4" primaries, full 3" mandrel bends in both the X and catback, along with less restrictive louder mufflers, will produce more hp/tq across the board especially in higher boost apps.
[/b][/quote]
With the factory X and mandrel bent exhaust, I am hoping that we don't need to replace any more than axle back to produce the power and sound we are lookig for. If it requires more, it is still a relatively cheap way to gain decent hp. I can't wait 'til we get our hands on these.

stang22, I know George and I are going Tomorrow. Are you ordering soon?
Old 3/12/06, 05:57 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Congrats George and I can't wait to see your SVT GT500.

I will be ordering mine tomorrow as well and have to thank Brad and Scothew for all the help and information they have given me. I was told on March 7th, that there is a strong chance I will be deploying to Iraq and I would like to get all this locked down before I leave. I don't mind going but had been planning a lot for this summer. I will just have to do as much as I can and plan for summer '07 I guess. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

I would just like to make sure I have the car locked in so all my wife has to do is go pick it up. Her or maybe Scothew.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/12/06, 06:07 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MilStang @ March 12, 2006, 8:00 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Congrats George and I can't wait to see your SVT GT500.

I will be ordering mine tomorrow as well and have to thank Brad and Scothew for all the help and information they have given me. I was told on March 7th, that there is a strong chance I will be deploying to Iraq and I would like to get all this locked down before I leave. I don't mind going but had been planning a lot for this summer. I will just have to do as much as I can and plan for summer '07 I guess. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

I would just like to make sure I have the car locked in so all my wife has to do is go pick it up. Her or maybe Scothew.

[/b][/quote]
Brian,

Good Luck with the car. Hope you get it worked out in time.

More importantly, thank you for serving our country. Be safe. Keep us posted whenever you can and let us know when you return.
Old 3/12/06, 09:54 AM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(crazyhorse @ March 12, 2006, 9:47 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
With the factory X and mandrel bent exhaust, I am hoping that we don't need to replace any more than axle back to produce the power and sound we are lookig for. If it requires more, it is still a relatively cheap way to gain decent hp. I can't wait 'til we get our hands on these.

stang22, I know George and I are going Tomorrow. Are you ordering soon?
[/b][/quote] Like a bear on honey! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(crazyhorse @ March 12, 2006, 10:10 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Brian,
More importantly, thank you for serving our country. Be safe. Keep us posted whenever you can and let us know when you return.
[/b][/quote]+1 [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/12/06, 09:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks guys for the kind comments. All I ask is you post lots of pictures of your cars when you get them.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]

I will just have to live vicariously through all of you until I get back, if I go. Nothing set in stone yet. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 3/12/06, 10:09 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MilStang @ March 12, 2006, 8:00 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
... I would just like to make sure I have the car locked in so all my wife has to do is go pick it up. Her or maybe Scothew.

[/b][/quote]
II wouldn't trust either one, specially Scott. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
May I offer to volunteer my services as I am trusting, honest, sincere, caring, articulate and I promise I won't not drive it over 150 mph, I mean, 30 mph. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/21.gif[/img]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

Be safe and kick some butt! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/12/06, 10:10 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Beware...the Ides of March...