The Shelby GT500, OMG!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10/6/06, 06:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Shelby GT500, OMG!!!!!!!!!!

Lets go on about my day yesterday....

05SatinGT had called me up on the phone and told me his buddy got a Shelby GT500, and I was amazed to hear this and I congratulated the guy, and then 05SatinGT asked me come over one day to help put on an EXHAUST on the new Shelby! Wow, I felt honored.

So we set the date for Yesterday 10/5. Got to 05SatinGT's house early and waited for his buddy to arrive. Turns out he ordered the exhaust that comes on the Shelby GT-Hertz cars. I was really looking forward to putting this exhaust on. In the mean time, I called "Dysan" and told him that we were right around the corner from his new house and told him to stop because a Shelby GT500 was going to arrive. Well after that phone call, 20 min later his buddy shows up in a VISTA BLUE Shelby GT500 with white racing stripes, put my sonic blue with white stripes to shame!

HOLY COW does this thing look great in person!!!!

So after drooling over the car for 30 min, we put the car on rhino ramps and began to take off the exhaust on the Shelby. Once we had the exhaust of, 05SatinGT's buddy opens the box for the new exhaust.

He took the mufflers out of the box that he got from NinoSport.com, and when I got up from underneath the car, I looked at the kit and I said, "something doesnt look right......" I looked at the kit closer. "THERE ARE TWO PASSENGERSIDE MUFFLERS!!!!!!" The guys thought i was playing a joke on them, so when they looked at the kit, there they were, 2 passenger side mufflers, and no driver side!! We were allllll furious and in shock after taking this whole exhaust off to find this out. Now granted its not the owner of the shelby's fault, because he's not a car guy and know anything about the exhaust.

So in frustration, we put the stock exhaust back on, and that was the end of that.

But the best part was after we put the stock exhaust back on, the owner said, "hey, wanna go for a spin??" We were like sure. So he tosses the keys to "Dysan" and "Dysan" takes the car for a spin. So in the meantime me and 05SatinGT form a line at his house until "Dysan" returns with the car. "Dysan" returned 5 min later with the biggest grin on his face. that part I was getting excited and pumped! So "Dysan" got out of the car and handed me the key. It was now my turn!!!

So I cranked the car on, and gave it a few revs and the "whine" of the supercharger was sounding great!! So I clicked it into first and took it out nice and slowly to get a feel for it. So I drove about a mile down the road to an open road and upon the light about to turn green, the owner of the car who was sitting in the passenger seat said, "give her a go!" I looked at him to JUST MAKE SURE, he smiled and I smiled back and I PUNCHED IT!!!! HOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYY YYYYYY SH*****************************!!!!! I was thrown into the seat and tires screeching!!!! Got traction, Floored it!!! 1st, gear, vrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom, 2nd grear*screech* vroooooooooooooooooooooom, I look down and I notice I'm doing 85MPH going into in the middle of 2nd gear, I was like AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

After that I did a u-turn and did the same thing, holy cow the car felt great!!!!!!!!!!! Wow!!!!!!! The guy was having a ball and seeing me react to this car and laughing hard. We were having a blast!! I told him, ummm yea, we may not go back to 05SatinGT's house, I may just drive this back to my house and park it in my garage!

So sadly, my fun was over and I had to take it back to 05SatinGT, cause it was his turn. But that was the best 15 min of my life there!!!

So 05SatinGT got in the car, he took his drunk neighbor in with him for a spin. His neighbor, which I assume was not a FORD guy was a lil interested in going for a ride. Yea, 10 min later, him and his drunk neighbor comes back and the neighbor got out of the car and was like OMG, OMG OMG OMG, HOOOLLLYY SH****, THIS CAR IS F****IN AWESOME!!!!!! HOLY ****, as his high pitched voice squealed. LOL!!!

Wow, is all I can say for this day was, WOW!!!! Minus the exhaust mis-hap, but to get behind the wheel of the Shelby GT500 and take it for a spin, made up for the exhaust incident! And I went home with a big smile on my face!!!

Guys, the Shelby GT500, wow!!!! For all you guys who own one, god bless you guys and take care of it!!!!

and here is a pic of the car with my camera phone:
Attached Images  
Old 10/6/06, 08:50 AM
Cobra R Member

thanks for leting me know earlier so i could stop by paul!!!

sounds like it was fun though
Old 10/6/06, 09:39 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by MaverickMLFD371
Guys, the Shelby GT500, wow!!!! For all you guys who own one, god bless you
Old 10/6/06, 01:35 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by MaverickMLFD371
Lets go on about my day yesterday....

05SatinGT had called me up on the phone and told me his buddy got a Shelby GT500, and I was amazed to hear this and I congratulated the guy, and then 05SatinGT asked me come over one day to help put on an EXHAUST on the new Shelby! Wow, I felt honored.

So we set the date for Yesterday 10/5. Got to 05SatinGT's house early and waited for his buddy to arrive. Turns out he ordered the exhaust that comes on the Shelby GT-Hertz cars. I was really looking forward to putting this exhaust on. In the mean time, I called "Dysan" and told him that we were right around the corner from his new house and told him to stop because a Shelby GT500 was going to arrive. Well after that phone call, 20 min later his buddy shows up in a VISTA BLUE Shelby GT500 with white racing stripes, put my sonic blue with white stripes to shame!

HOLY COW does this thing look great in person!!!!

So after drooling over the car for 30 min, we put the car on rhino ramps and began to take off the exhaust on the Shelby. Once we had the exhaust of, 05SatinGT's buddy opens the box for the new exhaust.

He took the mufflers out of the box that he got from NinoSport.com, and when I got up from underneath the car, I looked at the kit and I said, "something doesnt look right......" I looked at the kit closer. "THERE ARE TWO PASSENGERSIDE MUFFLERS!!!!!!" The guys thought i was playing a joke on them, so when they looked at the kit, there they were, 2 passenger side mufflers, and no driver side!! We were allllll furious and in shock after taking this whole exhaust off to find this out. Now granted its not the owner of the shelby's fault, because he's not a car guy and know anything about the exhaust.

So in frustration, we put the stock exhaust back on, and that was the end of that.

But the best part was after we put the stock exhaust back on, the owner said, "hey, wanna go for a spin??" We were like sure. So he tosses the keys to "Dysan" and "Dysan" takes the car for a spin. So in the meantime me and 05SatinGT form a line at his house until "Dysan" returns with the car. "Dysan" returned 5 min later with the biggest grin on his face. that part I was getting excited and pumped! So "Dysan" got out of the car and handed me the key. It was now my turn!!!

So I cranked the car on, and gave it a few revs and the "whine" of the supercharger was sounding great!! So I clicked it into first and took it out nice and slowly to get a feel for it. So I drove about a mile down the road to an open road and upon the light about to turn green, the owner of the car who was sitting in the passenger seat said, "give her a go!" I looked at him to JUST MAKE SURE, he smiled and I smiled back and I PUNCHED IT!!!! HOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYY YYYYYY SH*****************************!!!!! I was thrown into the seat and tires screeching!!!! Got traction, Floored it!!! 1st, gear, vrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom, 2nd grear*screech* vroooooooooooooooooooooom, I look down and I notice I'm doing 85MPH going into in the middle of 2nd gear, I was like AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

After that I did a u-turn and did the same thing, holy cow the car felt great!!!!!!!!!!! Wow!!!!!!! The guy was having a ball and seeing me react to this car and laughing hard. We were having a blast!! I told him, ummm yea, we may not go back to 05SatinGT's house, I may just drive this back to my house and park it in my garage!

So sadly, my fun was over and I had to take it back to 05SatinGT, cause it was his turn. But that was the best 15 min of my life there!!!

So 05SatinGT got in the car, he took his drunk neighbor in with him for a spin. His neighbor, which I assume was not a FORD guy was a lil interested in going for a ride. Yea, 10 min later, him and his drunk neighbor comes back and the neighbor got out of the car and was like OMG, OMG OMG OMG, HOOOLLLYY SH****, THIS CAR IS F****IN AWESOME!!!!!! HOLY ****, as his high pitched voice squealed. LOL!!!

Wow, is all I can say for this day was, WOW!!!! Minus the exhaust mis-hap, but to get behind the wheel of the Shelby GT500 and take it for a spin, made up for the exhaust incident! And I went home with a big smile on my face!!!

Guys, the Shelby GT500, wow!!!! For all you guys who own one, god bless you guys and take care of it!!!!

and here is a pic of the car with my camera phone:
Sounds like your addicted. What a nice friend you have, letting everyone drive. I let my dad, the traffic judge, take it for a spin. He stalled out three times. Thats the last test drive this babys getting.
Attached Thumbnails The Shelby GT500, OMG!!!!!!!!!!-shelby-4-2-.jpg  
Old 10/6/06, 06:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Took the drunk neighbor for a ride? Wouldn't that have been a p*sser if he had all over the inside of the car!
Old 10/7/06, 12:08 PM
FR500 Member

lol paul i cant imagine. sometimes i wished i lived closer to u guys!! i probably woulda been helping and took the back seat. anyways great story. unfortunately the shelby i got a hold of couldnt really be moved cuz the s/c came from the factory with a problem which i told u. anyway great story!!
Old 10/8/06, 10:45 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dude, that is an awesome story. I will try to catch you online just to chat about it a bit.

Dang you're lucky on that!
Old 10/10/06, 06:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mastersmech1
Sounds like your addicted. What a nice friend you have, letting everyone drive. I let my dad, the traffic judge, take it for a spin. He stalled out three times. Thats the last test drive this babys getting.
These cars shift different, behave different and accelerate quicker than one realizes. The 85 at 2nd ---- for sure it is a scare when you check the speedo and think you were going around 50!

Careful When and IF you let others drive a car like this one. Get them going off the line and they become a beast in a hurry.