SHELBY Clones should be patent/copyright prosecuted!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10/11/06, 08:10 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll add fuel to the Fire

It sure is funny how quickly folks have jumped on the GT guys for trying to make their GT's look like the Shelby GT-500........It was not to long ago that the GT guy's were giving the the V6 guys grief over trying to look like a GT. My My....how quickly things change!!

For Heavens sake guys.....its your car, you paid for it, you drive it, you buy gas for it, you pay car insurance for it........Do what you want with it and don't let some fool telling you what he thinks bother you!!

Just My $0.02
Old 10/11/06, 08:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation Shelby GT500 Clones

These guys are ****ed because we will have the same look at a fraction of the cost of what they paid for their cars. What can we say - posers are money smart !!! Let the other guys pay 20, 30 or even 50k over MSRP for a gas guzzing 5.4 liter engine. Ford Dealers will be giving them away when gas prices hit $4 or $5 a gallon !!!!
Old 10/11/06, 09:29 AM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,190 Likes on 2,337 Posts
http://www.shopshelby.com/index.html

Here is a Link to Shelby Autos Telling People to build their own Shelby!

NUFF SAID!
Old 10/11/06, 10:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Oh Im calm Judy, that was sarcasm. But if someone buys an emblem or decal or whatever they put on the car they bought and paid for then it is the same. There has been talk of Ford pulling BS like this. It wouldnt shock me at all. They must be too busy with recalls and new ceo's to be sticking it to people more like this.
Old 10/11/06, 10:50 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
Don't concern yourself. Both companies have excelled in prosecuting and persecuting quite a few of those imposters.

But you are missing the point. Cloning is accepted and encouraged by these companies for various reasons, mainly money. Think of it as women and breast enlargements. They might be fake, but are accepted and encouraged.

I agree...Little did I know that Shelby would be building a Shelby GT or a GTH. I decided in August 05 to order a GT and how I would modify it. The web was all a buzz of the GT 500 but no mention of a GT H or Shelby GT.

I don't think mine is a clone per se. I came up with the color and design before Shelby went public. So am I a clone? and if I was or am, like above, most of us cannot afford a real Shelby or even know the right people to get a Shelby.

Anyway I feel I can hold my own against the GT H or GT from shelby. Now the GT 500 is a different matter.
Old 10/12/06, 09:01 AM
Bullitt Member

yea, when i paint my stripes on, the sides will say GT500HP it wont have shelby front or anything, i just want the power to weight ratio advantagei save some weight still ahve the same power, but im not giving up my stripes!!! lol i understand what you are saing and whatnot, but clones are just out there, fiero/lambo clones, ac cobra clones, gt500, bullit, people do this because the crunched the numbers and figured they would save cash and have the joy of building somthin that grabs attention, but to each is his/her own have a nice day, btw clones wouldent be so feirce if it wasnt for the mark up...thats the dealers tho, my local dealer says he can get one if i really want it, i told him, for the cost, ill put 5 into mine and still have money for more him and i are friends so we laughed but hey im gonna stop blabbing on now, im still a new member, but i have browsed around for quite a while, gonna go keep lookin have a nice day folks
Old 10/12/06, 02:11 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by slowjoe24
I'll add fuel to the Fire

It sure is funny how quickly folks have jumped on the GT guys for trying to make their GT's look like the Shelby GT-500........It was not to long ago that the GT guy's were giving the the V6 guys grief over trying to look like a GT. My My....how quickly things change!!

For Heavens sake guys.....its your car, you paid for it, you drive it, you buy gas for it, you pay car insurance for it........Do what you want with it and don't let some fool telling you what he thinks bother you!!

Just My $0.02

Right on the money Joe!!!
Old 10/12/06, 08:54 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 05stangkc
http://www.shopshelby.com/index.html

Here is a Link to Shelby Autos Telling People to build their own Shelby!

NUFF SAID!

When I click that link I don't see anything about building "their own Shelby"
Old 10/12/06, 09:01 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Just click on Caroll................
Old 10/13/06, 12:38 PM
Bullitt Member

um...no thanks, I lean more toward the philosophical belief that anybody should be able to make their car look like whatever they want it to. Passing a fake shelby off is a different story but, even that, I'm having trouble caring about. Especially since very few people can get the GT-500 even if they do have the money. The more people out there trying to make their car look like a great mustang intead of a bling blinged honda civic the better in my opinion. However, if you would like to ask Caroll to persue these criminals, I don't think his lawyers would be able to catch up to our new stangs...

<Disclaimer> My car is a GT and I have no plans to fake a GT 500</Disclaimer>
Old 10/13/06, 02:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by shelby_sez
I saw a Shelby Clone over the weekend. From the exterior, the only giveaway were the exhaust tips, the rear spoiler and the Shelby lettering, which SHE had done clear across the deck lid.

I feel that Shelby Enterprises and FoMoCo should prosecute those imposters for patent/copyright infringement.

FoMoCo should also only allow Shelby body panels to be ordered by Ford dealers supplying a valid Shelby VIN.

What a travesty!! NO POM POMS HERE! TWO THUMBS DOWN!!!
Where is the picture of your GT500 again?
Old 10/13/06, 03:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Old 10/13/06, 05:11 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by TexaStang
Ya
Old 10/13/06, 07:27 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by TexaStang
Maybe it's in forever material hold or some .
Attached Thumbnails SHELBY Clones should be patent/copyright prosecuted!!!-shelby-4-2.jpg  
Old 10/13/06, 09:36 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Bennyandthejets
um...no thanks, I lean more toward the philosophical belief that anybody should be able to make their car look like whatever they want it to. Passing a fake shelby off is a different story but, even that, I'm having trouble caring about. Especially since very few people can get the GT-500 even if they do have the money. The more people out there trying to make their car look like a great mustang intead of a bling blinged honda civic the better in my opinion. However, if you would like to ask Caroll to persue these criminals, I don't think his lawyers would be able to catch up to our new stangs...

Nice Avatar Ben.....Oh wait that's a GT-500 right??
Old 10/14/06, 01:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Oh yeah I just realized that. It's not mine but I sure wish it was. Think I found that pick in the GT-500 picture library on this site. Next time I'll make sure to change my avatar so it's specific to exactly what I'm writing about...oh wait, no I wont.
Old 10/14/06, 01:06 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Nothing like freedom of speach right......
Old 10/14/06, 01:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by shelby_sez
And hey, MAYBE I'm wrong to begin with...
ya think?
Old 10/14/06, 07:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by slowjoe24
Do what you want with it and don't let some fool telling you what he thinks bother you!!
I think I know what you are trying to say here...we have a
Old 10/24/06, 09:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bennyandthejets

Bring on the Compliments in the form of Built and Cloned Shelby GT500s, Saleens, et al against the Others any day of the week.

Quick Reply: SHELBY Clones should be patent/copyright prosecuted!!!