on line search for GT-500?

Search this Thread

Old 10/27/06, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
on line search for GT-500?

Is there a way to search dealer inventorys for the GT-500's on line? the ford site will not let you.
Old 10/27/06, 11:01 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
http://www.fordvehicles.com/dealerships/locate/

You'll have to select the city / state of your choosing then browse the individual dealer's inventory.
Old 10/27/06, 05:16 PM

I keep forgetting how dumb, ignorant and down right dishonest car sales men can be... so far I have heard "they are only making 500 a year", " only one year of production and it is sold out but I have this one....", “ I have a waiting list but if you want to make an offer I will take it to my manager”

Still there really is more of them out there now and the dealerships will figure it out at some point in the next few weeks/months.

Can any one recommend a dealer in northern California?
Old 11/1/06, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by razor
I keep forgetting how dumb, ignorant and down right dishonest car sales men can be...

Sounds like the perfect title of a likely best seller. I am available if you need collaboration.

Old 11/1/06, 09:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Go to the FORD website , pull up the scroll up menu for certified pre owned on bottom left. Ener the word FORD in dealer name and choose a state one at a time. Always use your back browser to get back to the main page of listings.
I like this one

http://www.losangelesford.com/pages/...HT88S475256408

Here is some more
http://www.losangelesford.com/pages/...ntoryDate,asce

-Rich
Old 11/2/06, 10:57 AM

I have spoken to 7 dealers now and all of them are still expecting 10k OVER msrp... going to back off for another month or two then and see wear we are in December as I recall that is usually a Slow time for car sales.

Maybe the new SVT parts that are on the sema cars will be available then…

Old 11/2/06, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by razor
I have spoken to 7 dealers now and all of them are still expecting 10k OVER msrp... going to back off for another month or two then and see wear we are in December as I recall that is usually a Slow time for car sales.

Maybe the new SVT parts that are on the sema cars will be available then…
There are signs of prices leveling off as more dealers get more cars delivered and as bidders on ebay catch on to the fact that they are competing with dealers which can't make money on a resale. They will try their darnest to extend the inflated prices as long as possible, but time and reality has a way of bringing sense even to the optimistic.
Old 11/3/06, 08:09 AM
V6 Member

Ebay is not a very accurate means of determining what these cars are actually selling for. Examine the bid histories. Bidders out bidding themselves, how long does it take to figure that out.

Many aren't selling because most legitamate buyers are not suckers who will pay riduculous prices and absorb the profound depriciation that is sure to follow.
Old 11/3/06, 10:54 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by drmustang
Ebay is not a very accurate means of determining what these cars are actually selling for. Examine the bid histories. Bidders out bidding themselves, how long does it take to figure that out.

Many aren't selling because most legitamate buyers are not suckers who will pay riduculous prices and absorb the profound depriciation that is sure to follow.
Those sequential bids are not the bidder outbidding himself. The bidder places a maximum automatic bid. Each time someone places a bid higher than the current bid, ebay automatically places a bid for the original bidder that is higher than the new bidders bid. This goes on until the max bid is reached. Then the new bids will show.

I do agree, however, that the market is softening. On 10/31 I watched all the cars that were ending that day. None of them sold. I don't have the numbers right in front of me, but, I think bidding ended at 7k, 8k, 11.5, 11.5, 13 and 13k None of those met reserve amount, but, it shows you that people are stopping short of 10k. IF there were endless lists of buyers waiting to buy these cars at 20 over, they would have bid up to 20 over and sold them. The 20 over market is gone. 10 over has a limited life. I think the 5-10 over group is going to last a while longer than the 10-15 has as people will see that as a good deal compared to the 20 over they have been hearing.

With that said, I looked the next day and some knucklehead won a buy-it-now at 25K over. Obviously someone that does not know how to research the completed auctions to see that they are going for much less than that.
Old 11/3/06, 11:04 AM
Team Mustang Source

I went back and searched again today. Only one car has sold since 10/30. It was the knucklehead that I spoke of above. No other car has sold on ebay in the last 4 days. Bidding is consistently stopping around 10-12 over. It is just a matter of time folks. As these sales are slowing and dealers begin to build up inventory, the prices are gonna drop. Come on Snowy weather and new car introductions in January. We will see them fall sharply in JAn.
Old 11/3/06, 12:43 PM

In all honesty, the extra 45-60 days will be good for me to work on my level of wife karma… 45k is going to cost me….