Installed the 2.6 Pulley on the GT500

Search this Thread

Old 8/6/08, 05:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed the 2.6 Pulley on the GT500

WoW!
The Shelby is a whole other Animal....a beast! It felt fast before but now it's crazy...

The first thing I noticed is that the car revs quicker....5500 rpm comes quick!

Second thing I noticed is that the Supercharger is a lot louder.

Can't wait to take the Shelby to the track and see what it will do in the 1/4 mile. Next Street Legal Drags is not until 8/16/08.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________
Old 8/6/08, 05:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
cool how much does a pulley and belt cost? You did have to replace the belt right?
Old 8/6/08, 08:49 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Glenn
cool how much does a pulley and belt cost? You did have to replace the belt right?
No, you just need a belt tensioner. Metco makes a nice one.
Old 8/6/08, 08:53 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by CooBra07
WoW!
The Shelby is a whole other Animal....a beast! It felt fast before but now it's crazy...

The first thing I noticed is that the car revs quicker....5500 rpm comes quick!

Second thing I noticed is that the Supercharger is a lot louder.

Can't wait to take the Shelby to the track and see what it will do in the 1/4 mile. Next Street Legal Drags is not until 8/16/08.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________
I drove a pullied one before I got mine. I need to drive another one to compare. The one I drove previously now has a Kenne Bell. The guy gave me his old JLT CAI and metco tensioner. All I need to do it buy the pulley and a tune. I'm just not sure I want to.

I took mine to Brenspeed for a baseline dyno a couple of weeks ago. They are close to my lake cottage. Are you happy with their tuning work?
Old 8/7/08, 10:50 AM
Bullitt Member

I have no complains about Brenspeed and their work... Their customer service is excellent. Any question or concerns that I had, all I did is send them an e-mail and I would get a response usually within 24 hrs from Seth.

You know Crazyhorse, I felt the same way as you do now. The GT500 is an animal in stock form no question about it and I thought why change it. Kinda like that saying "If It Ain't Broke Why Fix It." If all you are going to do is cruise around town and not go to the local 1/4 track then don't change anything. You are probably faster than most cars you will ever encounter in the streets.

If your like me and addicted to speed, 11 seconds at a time, you may want to take your Shelby to the track. Then you will find out that you are not the fastest car there and all you want to do is be faster or as fast as them. I think thats what im doing, I think that's why we all do it. You will be hit with what is known as the "Mod Bug." Once you get it thats it your hooked.

Glenn:
Crazyhorse is correct, I used the same belt. The auxiliary idler pulley took care of the extra slack by going to the smaller s/c pulley.

__________________________________________________ __________________________--
Old 8/7/08, 08:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by CooBra07
You will be hit with what is known as the "Mod Bug." Once you get it thats it your hooked.

__________________________________________________ _________________________--
That is what I am afraid of. If I get the tune, I'll want the pulley. Then it is the necessary suspension mods, then slicks and driveshafts and gears and ............

It'll never end. Next thing I know, I have drastically changed the car that Ford did such a wonderful job of engineering.
Old 8/8/08, 09:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Exactly !!!!

I have the Mod Bug.... Someone should start a group like Alcoholics Anonymous but for like people that have the MOD BUG. I can see my self in a group and saying "Hi My Name Is Edward and I Have A Modding Problem." LOL

but you know what...Its so much fun! I take my wife and kids and make it a family day. Lucky for me My Wife Likes Going to the drag races as well.

I hope with all the mods that I have now I can get my shelby to go into the High 11 second range. That is my goal as of this point and time ...........I am very close to that goal.

To be Continued..........

__________________________________________________ ______________________