Old 9/5/06, 07:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice car!
Old 9/6/06, 12:26 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FormerGmc
I try to post some pics shelby_sez. You need to post yours.
I want one...so bad...I can't wait until the ADMs go away.
Old 9/8/06, 08:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice Pics. FormerGmc - looks like Angel's Sister !
Old 9/8/06, 02:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Stangette
Nice Pics. FormerGmc - looks like Angel's Sister !
Yep! they are twins!

Yours is probably shinier though, that zaino stuff seems pretty complicated to me, so I just use Megs!
Old 9/8/06, 04:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yep! they are twins!

Yours is probably shinier though, that zaino stuff seems pretty complicated to me, so I just use Megs!
She looks even better with 7 layers on ! Like a mirror. The 1st layer goes on like the Meg. and after that, it is so easy.

Basically,

1. Wash and clay the car.

2. Use the Z6 Detail Spray to get rid of water spots, etc.

3. Apply the Z2 wax - very sparingly.

4. When it hazes - wipe off - in no particular direction.

Quickly and lightly detail again to help better "set" the wax. ( this is not really required, unless, you are immediately applying a 2nd coat).

i like to apply a coat every few days when starting over, instead of using the flas cure thing as they advise the old school way is longer lasting.

All you really need are these:

Z2 Wax - Z6 detail Spray - Claybar

Give it a try - it is well worth it --- and the car cleans so much easier too -- i did Angel's Rims and they look great ---- peeps at local street meets are asking if i put aftermarket wheels on the Shelby !
Old 9/8/06, 06:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Do you put it on the stripes also?
Old 9/9/06, 05:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice pictures of the Shelby's. Thanks for posting

Judy - no pictures or pom poms?
Old 9/10/06, 07:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stangette
She looks even better with 7 layers on ! Like a mirror. The 1st layer goes on like the Meg. and after that, it is so easy.

Basically,

1. Wash and clay the car.

2. Use the Z6 Detail Spray to get rid of water spots, etc.

3. Apply the Z2 wax - very sparingly.

4. When it hazes - wipe off - in no particular direction.

Quickly and lightly detail again to help better "set" the wax. ( this is not really required, unless, you are immediately applying a 2nd coat).

i like to apply a coat every few days when starting over, instead of using the flas cure thing as they advise the old school way is longer lasting.

All you really need are these:

Z2 Wax - Z6 detail Spray - Claybar

Give it a try - it is well worth it --- and the car cleans so much easier too -- i did Angel's Rims and they look great ---- peeps at local street meets are asking if i put aftermarket wheels on the Shelby !
Can you tell me what is a claybar and where do you get the above mentioned things?
Old 9/10/06, 07:37 PM

Great Looking CARS... thanks for sharing the PICS
Old 9/10/06, 08:36 PM
Bullitt Member

"Can you tell me what is a claybar and where do you get the above mentioned things?"

Any Pep Boys has a Mothers Clay bar kit with the detail spray in the box along with the clay.
Old 9/11/06, 07:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

"Can you tell me what is a claybar and where do you get the above mentioned things?"

Any Pep Boys has a Mothers Clay bar kit with the detail spray in the box along with the clay.
The claybar is a dense clay in sort of like a small soap bar --- spray the Lubricant in a small spot and rub gently --- keep it wet as you go --- use the detail spray as a lube ----Angel needed a clay even with only 15 miles on the meter ----- it makes the paint perfrct like she just came from the paint booth --- this is the finish you need prior to applying the wax - to avoid imperfections and get the best shine.

The Zaino one needs to come from Zainobros.com or pull the 800 # from the site and all them - they have a full Customer Service and can answer all your questions.

i know the O-Reillys and Auto Zone sells them - but we have no Pep Boys here in my area of Houston. Zymol is another good brand as well.

Look for a claybar that is smooth and dense - almost like synthetic putty we got in those egg things when we were kids.... the coarser ones are not as good -----
Old 9/11/06, 07:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by shelby_sez
Can you tell me what is a claybar and where do you get the above mentioned things?

www. zainobros.com --- or call their 800 No. on the website for Service.

To get started, you will need only the following,

Claybar
Z6 Detail Spray
Z2 Wax for clear coated cars.

Old 9/11/06, 09:11 AM
Banned

Thanks

Thanks for the great info.

The clay bar thing scares me. With me being a klutz, I'm afraid I'd destroy the finish with it. Is that a possibility or is it pretty fool proof?
Old 9/11/06, 05:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the great info.

The clay bar thing scares me. With me being a klutz, I'm afraid I'd destroy the finish with it. Is that a possibility or is it pretty fool proof?
Fairly foolproof. Just keep the area well lubricated with some "quick" detailing spray. I've had the opposite experience with Zaino. You can read about it in post #40 in this thread:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...t=20825&page=2
Old 9/12/06, 07:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 68notch
Fairly foolproof. Just keep the area well lubricated with some "quick" detailing spray. I've had the opposite experience with Zaino. You can read about it in post #40 in this thread:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...t=20825&page=2
Never heard of such a bad experiance with Zaino - but since it proceeded that way for you, then you are right to change.

i have had three National Show winning cars ( the red one has since gotten a new Owner) that are used in Corporate and Tuner ads all over the Country.

If i did not use Zaino, my next choice would be Meguiars Gold Class. It is better than the newer editions.

There are 8 layers of Zaino on the White Shelby and you can see everything in her from 20 feet away. The paint feels like it is feet thick as well. Use this stuff on all painted surfaces on her, inside and out. Clayed the car - straight from the Factory and it was amazing what came off her.

Meguiars cockpit shine in the blue bottle works great for a tire dress since it will not streak or runn off upon ititial application. For less tire shine, use the Meguiars interior protectant.
Old 9/12/06, 09:24 AM
Banned

Thanks Gang!

I've washed it twice so far but have been waiting until I wax it so the paint can cure for awhile. I generally use old cotton towels to dry it. Guess I need to get a good chamois. I've been using Turtle Wax Car Wash and a new lambskin glove style washcloth.

Any other comments about finish care would be appreciated. I know I still need to post some pics and I will, thanks for your patience.

Love,
Judy
Old 9/12/06, 01:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Jusy, most on here including myself will highly recommend Zaino. You should really go to their site and get some info as well. They specifically recommend a couple brand of cotton towels because they really are cotton and not a blend. They recommend Linens and Things and Bed bath and Beyond as retailers if I remember correctly. It was highly informative and explained things in detail. As fort the paint to cure, someone mentioned that on here a month or so ago and the response was no need to wait with the paint and process used these days. Better sooner than later
Old 9/12/06, 02:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Webba
Jusy, most on here including myself will highly recommend Zaino. You should really go to their site and get some info as well. They specifically recommend a couple brand of cotton towels because they really are cotton and not a blend. They recommend Linens and Things and Bed bath and Beyond as retailers if I remember correctly. It was highly informative and explained things in detail. As fort the paint to cure, someone mentioned that on here a month or so ago and the response was no need to wait with the paint and process used these days. Better sooner than later
Paint Mfg. these days, the Factory paint is cured in as little as a few days - after a month from Factory paint - it is allright to wax or polish the car. I had Angel home three days and put the Zaino to her.

All American Made cotton terry is best - just make sure the label says 100% cotton and made in America. This is important. Other Nations make their spooling processes differnet and the cotton is more coarse, even if it is 100%.

My girls get all white cotton and occaisionally a high quality microfiber for show detailing to get any stray cotton "fluff" off. LOL - my friends came in to the garage one day and asked "what is with the extremely dirty towels??" i say "that is my Girls' laundry pile."

the white towel is good as i see what comes off of her and the other cars on the street cause a lot of "black soot" stuff that you will not see on the paint.
Old 9/12/06, 02:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

I've washed it twice so far but have been waiting until I wax it so the paint can cure for awhile. I generally use old cotton towels to dry it. Guess I need to get a good chamois. I've been using Turtle Wax Car Wash and a new lambskin glove style washcloth.

Any other comments about finish care would be appreciated. I know I still need to post some pics and I will, thanks for your patience.

Love,
Judy

yeah - where's the Pics . !!!!!