Giving up on the Shelby (for now)

Search this Thread

Old 5/2/06, 08:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After making a bunch of calls and after seeing all of the GT's loading up on the Ford lots I've decided to wait on the Shelby. I will eventually get one but I really don't want to pay way over sticker right now.

Now that GT's are loading up on the lots, that means the value of mine is going to be a lot lower than the book value.

I will just throw some more Zaino on mine and see what the market looks like in 6 months to a year. Who knows. But for now I am waiting. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crying.gif[/img]
Old 5/2/06, 08:57 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
There's a guy over at SVT Performance who is selling his Power Lease letter which guarantees a GT500 for the holder. One advantage to the dealer is it does not count against their allocations and you can negotiate a price below MSRP. I'll get the link if you want.
Old 5/2/06, 11:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1 BULLITT @ May 2, 2006, 7:00 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
There's a guy over at SVT Performance who is selling his Power Lease letter which guarantees a GT500 for the holder. One advantage to the dealer is it does not count against their allocations and you can negotiate a price below MSRP. I'll get the link if you want.
[/b][/quote]

I'll check on it. Thanks
Old 5/3/06, 12:44 PM
Cam Tease

I'm sure the powerlease seller will be just as greedy as the dealer anyway, so he'll probably auction it off for just as much as the ADM.
Old 5/3/06, 03:16 PM
V6 Member

The opportunity to make an additional dollar is not the dealer condition, it is a human condition. so, wait for the best offer and good luck on buying a Shelby in the future.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AnotherMustangMan @ May 3, 2006, 1:47 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'm sure the powerlease seller will be just as greedy as the dealer anyway, so he'll probably auction it off for just as much as the ADM.
[/b][/quote]
Old 5/3/06, 06:16 PM
Cam Tease

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>The opportunity to make an additional dollar is not the dealer condition.[/b][/quote]

Truly, I'm still trying to figure out a way for ME to make a buck in the GT500 game. So far everything Ive come up with involves either guns or trained monkeys...
Old 5/3/06, 07:14 PM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1 BULLITT @ May 2, 2006, 9:00 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
There's a guy over at SVT Performance who is selling his Power Lease letter which guarantees a GT500 for the holder. [/b][/quote]

I doubt that power lease customers could sell their letters.

To get a GT-500 under power lease, the person who is leasing their Terminator would have to turn it in and purchase or lease a GT-500.

If they purchase they could then re-sell their GT-500 but if it is a lease Ford Credit won't allow a transfer.
Old 5/3/06, 07:24 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
It can be transferred with Ford's blessing.

I would not have posted it otherwise.
Old 5/4/06, 01:19 PM
Cam Tease

Touche...
Old 5/7/06, 11:26 PM
V6 Member

Let's see if they get this crank issue fixed before we write any deposit checks...
Old 5/8/06, 12:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jacjetlag
Let's see if they get this crank issue fixed before we write any deposit checks...
That was an early version of the engine, not the one about to be released.
Old 5/8/06, 02:05 PM
V6 Member

fortunately, that "issue" looks like BON being BON, not an actual problem with production GT500 motors.
Old 5/8/06, 04:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Al Blue4.6l
fortunately, that "issue" looks like BON being BON, not an actual problem with production GT500 motors.
BON is the National Enquirer of automotive journalism. Occasionally, you'll find a nugget of truth but it's mostly crap.
Old 5/8/06, 05:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TomServo92
BON is the National Enquirer of automotive journalism. Occasionally, you'll find a nugget of truth but it's mostly crap.
In my opinion, the tone has generally changed to be more factual in the last 6-9 months. I would have agreed with this assessment prior, however, the content has improved to the point where you can find more information and less sensationalism.

The other content writers have helped BON's cause.
Old 5/8/06, 05:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
In my opinion, the tone has generally changed to be more factual in the last 6-9 months. I would have agreed with this assessment prior, however, the content has improved to the point where you can find more information and less sensationalism.

The other content writers have helped BON's cause.
I'd love to say that I agree with you but every time I think they've improved they do something like this crank issue story.
Old 5/8/06, 05:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TomServo92
I'd love to say that I agree with you but every time I think they've improved they do something like this crank issue story.
I think they jumped - I will count that one as a mistake. The rest of the stuff they have been posting on the GT500, including the numerous pictures and videos, is a good service to the viewer.
Old 5/8/06, 05:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
I think they jumped - I will count that one as a mistake. The rest of the stuff they have been posting on the GT500, including the numerous pictures and videos, is a good service to the viewer.
I can agree that the other stuff they've posted has been good.
Old 5/8/06, 10:12 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Al Blue4.6l
fortunately, that "issue" looks like BON being BON, not actual problem with production GT500 motors.
BON didn't break the cranks. Ford needs to explain the fix, ....if it's been fixed. Or do you feel lucky?

I'll let somebody else run their cars in for engine swaps.If I don't hear a good solution, I'll pass for this year . I have an early slot at my dealer.
Old 5/8/06, 10:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Ford needs to explain the fix, ....if it's been fixed.
Read this post and this one on the SVTPerformance forum.

I believe the original source for the article was from a Ford website about the Ford GT's development process.

This is the full thread.
Old 5/9/06, 05:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

BON didn't break the cranks. Ford needs to explain the fix, ....if it's been fixed. Or do you feel lucky?

I'll let somebody else run their cars in for engine swaps.If I don't hear a good solution, I'll pass for this
year . I have an early slot at my dealer.
No, but BON incorrectly reported it. Get a clue....

Quick Reply: Giving up on the Shelby (for now)