FORDS Shelby Customer Handling Letter!

Search this Thread

Old 7/2/06, 04:44 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,194 Likes on 2,340 Posts
FORDS Shelby Customer Handling Letter!

To support our dealers and customers, Ford Customer Service Division is focusing on several efforts to ensure a successful launch of the new Mustang. The following are some of the launch support efforts that will be available:
  • Digital Picture Library on the Professional Technician Society (PTS) website to assist in repair identification. This is located at PTS/Service Publications/2007 Mustang/Service Tips tab/2007 Mustang Shelby GT 500 Photo Gallery.
  • Vehicle Introduction (Product descriptions and systems description/operation) on the PTS website.
  • OASIS Special Service Messages and Technical Service Bulletins will be prioritized to address concerns identified by dealers.
TECHNICAL RESOURCES
Ford Customer Service Division is committed to providing technical support resources in advance of the 2007 Shelby GT 500 Mustang arriving at dealerships. Please encourage all dealership personnel to take advantage of the new model training and other support resources that are available. The following information is available to support this launch:
  • New Model Training - available on the PTS Website
  • Workshop Manuals, Wiring Diagrams and PC/ED Manual - available on the PTS website
  • WDS/IDS software to support the 2007 Mustang
CONCERN REPORTING
It is critical to the success of the 2007 Shelby GT 500 Mustang that all customer concerns and product concerns be reported as quickly as possible. Please encourage all service personnel to contact the Technical Hotline or submit a Global Concern Report via the PTS website/Quick Links tab/Global Concern Reporting/Submit a Concern Report. These reports are reviewed daily by the Plant Vehicle Team and Ford Engineering and are used to quickly identify and resolve customer or product concerns.
LAUNCH SUPPORT QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE
The following Launch Quick Reference Guide contains a list of contacts for parts support, technical support and concern reporting.
2007 Shelby GT 500 Mustang Launch Support Quick Reference Guide

I deleted the Contacts as it For Dealer Eyes Only!

Enjoy

kc
Old 7/2/06, 07:06 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
"... It is critical to the success of the 2007 Shelby GT 500 Mustang that all customer concerns and product concerns be reported as quickly as possible..."

"... I see, a bad moon arising...

I see, trouble on the way...

Looks like, we're in for nasty weather..."

Old 7/2/06, 07:14 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,194 Likes on 2,340 Posts
Ford Always Does this on it's Upscale, READ AS EXPENSIVE Cars and trucks. It does not mean they expect problems.
Old 7/2/06, 07:51 PM

So... Zero defects. No TSBs. No recalls. And, 100% customer satisfaction?

1 BULLITT! You just won the Super Bowl, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?

I AM GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!

Old 7/2/06, 08:14 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT

"... I see, a bad moon arising...

I see, trouble on the way...

Looks like, we're in for nasty weather..."

No, no, I believe you misread it - or they misprinted it, or both. I think it is supposed to read: "... It is critical to the success of the 2007 Shelby GT 500 Mustang that all customer concerns and product concerns be covered up as quickly as possible..."

Oh, I kid Ford. I'm sure the launch will all go <cough> swimmingly.

Old 7/2/06, 08:26 PM

I express my most sincere apologies. I've made a mistake which BTW, happens to be my first... EVER!

Old 7/3/06, 12:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05stangkc
CONCERN REPORTING
It is critical to the success of the 2007 Shelby GT 500 Mustang that all customer concerns and product concerns be reported as quickly as possible.
how about dealerships charging way over MRSP? is that a customer concern that is likely to get reported?
Old 7/3/06, 01:21 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by nonsensez9
how about dealerships charging way over MRSP? is that a customer concern that is likely to get reported?
At least we don't have to deal with that here in Canuckistan.
Old 7/3/06, 01:23 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT

I express my most sincere apologies. I've made a mistake which BTW, happens to be my first... EVER!

Just try not to let it happen again, eh?

Old 7/3/06, 09:04 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problems? Read the first page of this thread:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...showtopic=1003

These are the people that are making our cars. It's a miracle we can even get them to start in the mornings.
Old 7/3/06, 09:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Tres Wright

These are the people that are making our cars. It's a miracle we can even get them to start in the mornings.
From the names and locations mentioned, they do not appear to be AAI employees.

There's a lot of automation at AAI and the plant ergonomics appear to be much better than some of the places I've toured. I am not an expert, but I would not let these postings color your opinions.

Yes, that mentality does exist, of course.
Old 7/3/06, 12:38 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by BC_Shelby
At least we don't have to deal with that here in Canuckistan.
So you guys don't have to pay above MSRP up there? Is it against the law or something?

If so that's freakin SAWEET!
Old 7/3/06, 06:14 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by Imatk
So you guys don't have to pay above MSRP up there? Is it against the law or something?
Correct...it is against the law to butt rape customers up here.
Old 7/3/06, 06:16 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by Tres Wright

My favorite post from that thread >> Dude you aint at Lorain no more! You aint gonna see no one until election time. Then watch how they lie and blame everyone else for what they aint done. Biggest for that are Ed Baire and Freddie Pena. There doing it allready. If your in Trim on nites how many times you seen Ed or Freddie? And come election time theyll say anything to keep from going back to the line! And newsflash - Detroit don't care about us. Never did. And appointed reps doing anything in our plant! What ajoke! They aint there to work just to collect there free money!

Yep, these are the folks building your cars: happy, emotionally well-adjusted, intelligent workers. But, hey, alleged domestic quality problems are all "bad perception," right?

Old 7/3/06, 06:20 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Great law you have there in Canuckistan!
Old 7/3/06, 07:15 PM
Cobra Member

Well I think that's wonderful!

Wish it was like that here

Congrats!
Old 7/3/06, 08:16 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by burningman
Great law you have there in Canuckistan!
Well, there's a catch (ain't there always): Canada is only getting 400 Shelbys this year - or so a "dealer" told me. So it will be next to impossible to get one up here this year anyway.
Old 7/3/06, 08:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BC_Shelby

Yep, these are the folks building your cars: happy, emotionally well-adjusted, intelligent workers. But, hey, alleged domestic quality problems are all "bad perception," right?
The people posting in that thread are NOT building Mustangs. They are workers in other plants. Those kinds of comments are typical of places where the morale is lower.
Old 7/4/06, 02:34 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
The people posting in that thread are NOT building Mustangs. They are workers in other plants. Those kinds of comments are typical of places where the morale is lower.
They may not be building Mustangs, but they're sure building other Ford automobiles, and those kinds of comments suggest a systemic problem across the company that Ford needs to address if it is to survive...otherwise we won't have a Mustang in the future.
Old 7/4/06, 03:20 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
QUOTE(Y2KGT @ Jan 18 2006, 04:22 PM)

A little word of warning: If you people keep posting your plants "dirty laundry" for everyone to read; your facility will get a bad reputation and negative thoughts throughout the Ford system. Then maybe YOUR plant will shutdown and someone elses will stay open. Keep your dirty laundry inside where it belongs or you will be sorry!

THANK YOU MR. WILLIAM FORD

Not sure if this was Bill or not but wow how can people be a a job and be this unhappy to slam your place of work like that ? I guess one really would actually have to be there to really undersand what goes on, but it ain't right to be that unhappy build a car with a huge chip on ones shoulder and expect it to last or the person that buys that product for that matter.

Quick Reply: FORDS Shelby Customer Handling Letter!