Cost of GT500

Search this Thread

Old 5/26/08, 10:24 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
After my son's car was totaled he stated that he wanted a Mustang to replace it. We found a dark candy apple red pony package v6 up at Gary Yeoman Ford in Daytona that had the safety package. It was one of only three v6's within 100 miles that didn't have the charcoal interior and included the safety package.

For on topic content: while purchasing the the v6 I drooled all over a white GT500 convertible that was listed at MSRP, not as pretty as the torch red one I stated previously but still a beauty. That's three GT500 convertibles I've found in the last three weeks at MSRP.

BB
Semper Fi
Old 6/4/08, 03:14 PM
eci
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by awakeinAZ
I think it's a great deal. Usually you have to work it hard to get MSRP. Some people are still paying 2-20K over.
Nobody is paying $20k over. MSRP is everywhere.
Old 6/4/08, 03:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anything over MRSP today is UNACCEPTABLE!

Anything over MRSP today is UNACCEPTABLE!

Here are a few very slightly used GT500 selling for under $40,000

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...97#post5571297

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...49#post5577249
Old 6/5/08, 09:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

This is a very interesting thread.

I contacted my dealer at TX (where I got my GT last year) and gave me a quote for a 2008 black GT500 with white stripes, HID lights, premium package, shaker 1000 sound, etc.

Quote: MSRP of $46,880 plus $5,000 dealer mark up.

Not bad but I guess some mentioned that dealers are really selling for MSRP.

I tried as hard as I can to convince the dealer that other dealers sell for MSRP, but to no avail. Their management seems firm on the $5K mark up.

I guess I had to wait.
Old 6/5/08, 10:20 AM
eci
Banned

Originally Posted by project_v6
This is a very interesting thread.

I contacted my dealer at TX (where I got my GT last year) and gave me a quote for a 2008 black GT500 with white stripes, HID lights, premium package, shaker 1000 sound, etc.

Quote: MSRP of $46,880 plus $5,000 dealer mark up.

Not bad but I guess some mentioned that dealers are really selling for MSRP.

I tried as hard as I can to convince the dealer that other dealers sell for MSRP, but to no avail. Their management seems firm on the $5K mark up.

I guess I had to wait.
Was this done over the phone? Go in and say you're ready to take delivery now. If they still won't bite, leave. The car will sit.
Old 6/12/08, 12:13 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by eci
Was this done over the phone? Go in and say you're ready to take delivery now. If they still won't bite, leave. The car will sit.
+1. Also get your name out to a couple other dealers. I watched and waited for months till a dealer 3 hours away called with the magic number. I can't believe those guys are still holding out for 5k over. I still have dealers calling and e-mailing me with MSRP deals.
Old 6/13/08, 04:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

I was over at Walker Ford Clearwater Fl. they have 2 GT500 coupe for sale at MSRP one red with white stripes and the other tugston or vapor with black stripes if your interested Michael Geraci is the internet guy phone 727 418 6655
Old 6/13/08, 05:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by boss429man
I was over at Walker Ford Clearwater Fl. they have 2 GT500 coupe for sale at MSRP one red with white stripes and the other tugston or vapor with black stripes if your interested Michael Geraci is the internet guy phone 727 418 6655
Vapor.

Tungsten was a 2007 color and black stripes were not avail on the 2007 models.

There is no reason for anyone to pay over sticker now. Too many are avail at MSRP.
Old 6/15/08, 10:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

To get that deal on the Shelbys make sure you talk to Mike Geraci in the internet dept.
Old 6/15/08, 10:45 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally Posted by kanicas
I was offered a GT500 @ MSRP is that a good deal?

I'm not so sure anymore with everything that is going on with the market and gas.

If this is a common practice now maybe I will pass.
Hey Kanicas, let me take you for a ride! Hop in---->click on link

This is a 2000 Cobra R

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch5Dx2ftTwg

You can get a new one of these in 2008 for about $50K!

There are 2 of these on Ebay right now.

Doesn't that video truly seal the deal in terms of your love for the Mustang? That 2000 Cobra R is a beast! running down a Porsche GT? Awesome! Ford rules!
Old 6/15/08, 04:08 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by MSP
Hey Kanicas, let me take you for a ride! Hop in---->click on link

This is a 2000 Cobra R

You can get a new one of these in 2008 for about $50K!

There are 2 of these on Ebay right now.

Doesn't that video truly seal the deal in terms of your love for the Mustang? That 2000 Cobra R is a beast! running down a Porsche GT? Awesome! Ford rules!
Great Video! Thanks for posting. Looked like a lot of the Cobra's advantage was in the driver's seat not under the hood.
Old 6/15/08, 08:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'd love to add a 2000 R to my garage. Of course, the wife would kill me if I brought another one home. Maybe someday.
Old 6/16/08, 10:57 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
It's one hell of an investment of an occasional use. If there is one Mustang which best describes the word toy is the 2K Cobra R.
Old 6/16/08, 08:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
It's one hell of an investment of an occasional use. If there is one Mustang which best describes the word toy is the 2K Cobra R.
It is def not your "drive to church on Sunday" kinda Mustang. They call it "R" for a reason.
Old 6/17/08, 05:27 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
It is def not your "drive to church on Sunday" kinda Mustang...
Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
It's one hell of an investment...
Two different routes, same destination.

Old 6/18/08, 03:31 PM

I am starting to "Hate" these threads!!!!! I have been in the market for the last year, and looking at a few different cars! The GT500, the 08 M3 Coupe, and possibly the PJ. I try to drop in to the different forums to see what people think about different cars, the economy, the car market etc. I don't know if too many people on forum are taking too much Prozac or what???
On the Shelby forum, I see a post GT500, $500 over MSRP, "BETTER HURRY"!!! And 08 M3, $2000 over MSRP!!! What planet are these people from, and sorry if I am stepping on anyones toes, if I am, you need to "WAKE THE HECK UP"!!!! Ebay normally has at least 50 Gt500's that don't even get bid on, and one dealer said there are still 1700 that aren't sold yet (including the ones that haven't been built yet, if that makes any sense) Also, look on Yahoo Auto's, Cars.com, Autotrader.com, many dealers with 1-5 Gt500's in inventory, forget ADM's and all the hype and BS!! It's all there in black and white folks!!!! Even if all the information is 50% incorrect, that means a load of cars no one is willing to sign on the dotted line for!!!
The economy is the worst in many decades, layoffs and foreclosures everywhere and all time high's, and has anyone stoppped to notice that gasoline is about 3X what it was about 3 years ago!! Kind of short curcuits most inflation computers I would think!! On top of it, we are talking about a vehicle that depends on a fossil based fuel (to be of any other use than a Museum Piece,) and large sums of it!! 14-20 mpg!!!!!
On top of it, who needs a $40-$70k, 2 door car???
Sorry to admit, but I work in a Business that actually gets "Better" when the economy gets worse, if I seem a little bit over concerned, what does that mean???? I still have enough common sense to know I can't eat a Mustang, if things get really bad!!
But seriously, at this point, I am thinking of just going for one of the V6, 08's I have been finding for around 16K, doing the Shelby front and rear, SS hood, 20" wheels and stripes etc., a Paxton Supercharger and calling it a GT350, and be done with it and just drive the crap out of it! If things don't seem too bad, I am sure there will be some good deals on Gt500's, and I can swap over all the SS stuff to the GT500, and keep the V6 as a daily driver!!
I don't have a crystal ball, so I guess time will tell!!!
OK, that will be $200 for the consultation fee!!!!
Old 6/18/08, 05:45 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 1960apache
But seriously, at this point, I am thinking of just going for one of the V6, 08's I have been finding for around 16K, doing the Shelby front and rear, SS hood, 20" wheels and stripes etc., a Paxton Supercharger and calling it a GT350, and be done with it and just drive the crap out of it! If things don't seem too bad, I am sure there will be some good deals on Gt500's, and I can swap over all the SS stuff to the GT500, and keep the V6 as a daily driver!!
I don't have a crystal ball, so I guess time will tell!!!
OK, that will be $200 for the consultation fee!!!!
Why should anyone 'Get Real' ? These cars are selling some even still with ADM's. If you wanna get a V6 or even GT and mod it why don't you and shut up. I'm right there with you on not paying ADM's, *****ed about them mightily on this very forum many times. But if you think your gonna get a GT500 for invoice or less....GOOD LUCK. Using eBay as meter for this cars demand is a losing proposition. 1700 available is not that many considering some of those cars listed as 'available' aren't even actually for sale, the dealers may be keeping them for themselves or using them on the showroom as honey to draw the flies. Those that are, are spread out over 50 states, better check what car hauling costs these days. Mileage? Anyone REALLY interested in buying this car doesn't care about gas mileage or the cost of a gallon. An SC V6 may be fun but comparing it to a GT500, please. Spend your money how you want but it seems odd to waste everyone's time with BS like that. Here's a suggestion, keep waiting and hoping, maybe you will get lucky... and maybe you'll be pulling up next to me or another GT500 owner at a stoplight and wishing you had jumped on that $500 off sticker when you had the chance.
Old 6/18/08, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dad's72Mach
Why should anyone 'Get Real' ? These cars are selling some even still with ADM's. If you wanna get a V6 or even GT and mod it why don't you and shut up. I'm right there with you on not paying ADM's, *****ed about them mightily on this very forum many times. But if you think your gonna get a GT500 for invoice or less....GOOD LUCK. Using eBay as meter for this cars demand is a losing proposition. 1700 available is not that many considering some of those cars listed as 'available' aren't even actually for sale, the dealers may be keeping them for themselves or using them on the showroom as honey to draw the flies. Those that are, are spread out over 50 states, better check what car hauling costs these days. Mileage? Anyone REALLY interested in buying this car doesn't care about gas mileage or the cost of a gallon. An SC V6 may be fun but comparing it to a GT500, please. Spend your money how you want but it seems odd to waste everyone's time with BS like that. Here's a suggestion, keep waiting and hoping, maybe you will get lucky... and maybe you'll be pulling up next to me or another GT500 owner at a stoplight and wishing you had jumped on that $500 off sticker when you had the chance.
How funny! With your hostile tone, I am guessing you are one of the types of people the Ford marketing execs love!!
And I don't believe in luck!! My money is on me pulling up to the light in an 09 that I will have paid near invoice for, and me laughing at the guy in the 08, because I know he paid $5k, $10k, $25k, $??k, more than he should and is buried in it financially because he had to be the first one on the block to have one to impress the neighbors and co-workers etc.!
Old 6/18/08, 08:21 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 1960apache
How funny! With your hostile tone, I am guessing you are one of the types of people the Ford marketing execs love!!
And I don't believe in luck!! My money is on me pulling up to the light in an 09 that I will have paid near invoice for, and me laughing at the guy in the 08, because I know he paid $5k, $10k, $25k, $??k, more than he should and is buried in it financially because he had to be the first one on the block to have one to impress the neighbors and co-workers etc.!
Paid MSRP for mine, and got a great deal on my trade. My money is on you being just another of the many who continue to talk out their butt who will never own one and who have no real appreciation for this car. Don't bother replying I am blocking any more of your babbling.
Old 6/19/08, 09:27 AM

Sorry to hurt your feeling Dad's72Mach!! Here's a Kleenex, now stop your crying.
I am glad you enjoy drinking Ford's "Fruit Punch" (I am guessing you won't have a clue what that means) Like I said, marketing execs love people like you!! "No, no, no, I don't want to make a purchase when it's on sale for 15-50% off, I want to pay retail because I get "cash back" when I charge it on my credit card"
I will be watching for your post, in a year or so, when you are complaining about how the payments on your GT500 and choking you financially and how you can't afford to put gas in it to drive it! Now go back on your porch, drinking your moonshine!!!

The GT500 is a great car, but let's keep it in perspective. It is about 15 years behind in technology compared to the Corvette and many other cars that are competing in that segment. It's heritage is what sells it. Come on, a pickup truck based, cast iron engine block, solid rear axle etc. Mustang buyers should demand more from Ford for the money they are asking for these cars!
This post is about "Cost of GT500"! Realistically, it should be $35k for the coupe, not $45-$50k!!! But as long as enough people use their emotions to pay rediculous prices for cars, the Manufacturers will keep pumping them out!

Quick Reply: Cost of GT500