Brand X- No tune needed CAI test

Search this Thread

Old 3/29/07 | 05:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Brand X- No tune needed CAI test

We finally got the time tooday to test "the" CAI kit that does not require a tune.

Big thanks to SCGT500 for the use of his car for this. He has big letting us put this kit on his car without a tune!

Well as suspected we couldn't even make a full pull on the dyno.

we put the car back to stock (tune&airbox) and made 2 pulls to make sure all was in line. Then we did the install per the instructions and did the test as we would our own kit ar any kit for that matter.

First run the A/F was deep in the 14-15 range and we pulled out at 4100.
Second run netted the same results.

I see no way to install this kit on a GT500 SAFELY without a tune. Now it started to make some power, about 10-15 HP and 15-20 TQ, but at these lean A/F's it's will not stay in one piece for long.

Take this info for what it's worth.

Jay
Attached Thumbnails Brand X- No tune needed CAI test-tn_k-n-gt500.jpg  
Old 3/29/07 | 08:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks Jay!

There are so many of us that look to your work to keep things straight in the aftermarket world for these cars. Truly appreciate you time and $$ spent to objectivly test a competitors part. I know the other company might not see it that way...

FYI, I finally saw what the C&L meter for the GT500 looks like and ordered one of yours from Fred in Blue......It was more a money thing than indecision that caused the wait, but the decision sure was made easy.
Old 3/29/07 | 03:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thank you very much for choosing us over C&L. I have yet to see it, but knowing Lee it will be nice.
I think we have proven our system works and works well, so have fun and if you have any qiestions feel free to call.

Jay
Old 3/29/07 | 06:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Have one of your units Jay...Evo stage1. just put on and definite SOTP diff. Great product
Old 3/30/07 | 08:53 PM

I am new to this and not knowing who is who, I dont know which CAI is which, thus I am unable to tell which one runes too lean. Sure hope its not the one I bought that I was going to put on this weekend. Can someone tell me what brand works OK without a tune?
Old 4/2/07 | 03:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

NO brand that I know of will work without a tune. If you find and buy one that does, please dyno your car to make sure it's safe.

Jay