Any dealers selling at MSRP?

Search this Thread

Old 10/29/06, 05:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nedjrr
How many units for 07 and 08, been told by two dealers only 3500 per year, looking at paying 60,000.00 for a GT 500, should I wait?
I say wait. Ford has said all along 8-10k per year for at least 2 years. Call 1-800-Ford-SVT and ask them.

ADMs will die down eventually. If you are patient, you will save $$$.
Old 10/30/06, 09:38 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Btw there is a black w/white stripes with red interior at greenway ford here in orlando.
Old 10/30/06, 01:36 PM
Banned

'RESERVE NOT MET' Seems to be a common thead on e-bay. I don't see prices coming down anytime soon.

The retro styling and the Shelby nameplate, not to mention 500hp make this a very limited production car, even at 8-10k units/yr. It still has more exclusivity than a 'dime a dozen' corvette. AND... it's still a very affordable performance car even with the ADM.

FORD can't produce unlimited numbers of these because of a little Federal something called. C.A.F.E.

Old 10/30/06, 03:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by shelby_sez
'RESERVE NOT MET' Seems to be a common thead on e-bay. I don't see prices coming down anytime soon.

The retro styling and the Shelby nameplate, not to mention 500hp make this a very limited production car, even at 8-10k units/yr. It still has more exclusivity than a 'dime a dozen' corvette. AND... it's still a very affordable performance car even with the ADM.

FORD can't produce unlimited numbers of these because of a little Federal something called. C.A.F.E.

furthermore, from www.saac.com ...

"In 2005 a new generation of Shelby Mustangs was unveiled. Carroll Shelby was back at work with the Ford Motor Company, and his hand prints were all over the 2007 Shelby GT500 model. The excitement these cars created was amazing... even before the first one was completed. With cars promised for summer 2006 delivery, a veritable feeding frenzy took place and Ford dealers found themselves besieged with potential buyers. Before long they were accepting orders, but only with surcharges of $10,000 to $25,000 over MSRP. Many of these buyers were already SAAC members, but those who weren't were invited to join the club and participate in its activities with this newest generation of Shelbys. Before the first car was completed SAAC was already setting up a registry so the histories of these cars could be recorded from Day One. The same thing was going on with Ford's new Ford GTs."

So you see, it's not the bad old dealers bidding up the price of these cars, it's all of us 'enthusiasts'.

Mostly us old fart baby boomers who couldn't afford a 60's era Shelby, Mach I, Boss 302, Corvette, Hemi 'Cuda, Plymouth RoadRunner, Chevelle SS396, etc., etc., etc.
Now we can. This time we are NOT a day late and a dollar short!

Get one now or miss you chance, I say.
Old 10/30/06, 03:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Like I said before, the same thing happened with the Terminators then they went down to MSRP or below after a year. Same thing will happen with the GT500's.

If not, just buy a Z06 for the money you would have spent.
Old 10/30/06, 05:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by shelby_sez

"Reserve not met" means people are not willing to pay what the sellers want for them . When people won't pay what the sellers are asking is exactly when prices come down. Most of the cars are not selling on ebay. The ones that do are selling between 10 and 15k with an occasional 18. The ones that are not selling are stopping the bidding at 10 over. The bids on most of those cars are placed by Mall of Georgia Ford Internet Sales. So, the real buyers are not even bidding up to 10 for the most part.
Old 10/30/06, 07:19 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
... The bids on most of those cars are placed by Mall of Georgia Ford Internet Sales...
So...

Seems like the Brothers In Arms are helping one another. Doesn't this gives the appearance that dealers prefer to sell at a premium to another dealer rather than to sell to local customers, just to keep prices high? Most interesting, most honorable collusion dealers!

It's beginning to make sense to me. My local dealer can get me one right away if I would be willing to pay $10K over. This took place a few days ago and I didn't catch on to it.

I searched and called a bunch dealers in Florida and Georgia looking for GT500s last Friday and Saturday. And yes, on that list was the Mall of Georgia Ford with two coupes and one vert.The sales manager told me "they had paid a lot of money for them", I thought it was sales talk. Again, I failed to read between the lines. I guess I am not as smart as I thought I was.

George, you stupid IDIOT!!!

I'm amazed! For once they TOLD THE TRUTH !!!

Old 10/30/06, 08:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
on that list was the Mall of Georgia Ford with two coupes and one vert.The sales manager told me "they had paid a lot of money for them
What they paid for the cars is not our problem. I hope they end up getting stuck with several cars that they overpaid for. Would serve them right.
Old 10/30/06, 09:16 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
What they paid for the cars is not our problem...
I understand your point now. I see where many of the bids are from the same bidder.

That dealer bids between $50 to 54K for coupes then turns around and sets the reserves at $60 - 62K. Their inventory does not reflect having any GT500 meaning, possibly no allocations and/or no certification.

But apparently their ingenuity is working for them since they have sold three coupes (white, blue, and black), which leads to why would dealers prefer to sell their prize possessions for a few thousand dollars to other dealers when the same can be accomplished with private sales to many of their visiting customers.

The malice of Ford dealers has reached an all time high.
Old 10/31/06, 09:32 AM

No Sale

A local used car dealer was selling a 07 GT500 on consignment for $61000.00, did not sell, owner picked up car today. story, car bought by an employee of a local Ford dealer for MSRP, 400 miles on car, the offers on the car ranged from $54,000 to $58,000, the Ford dealer told the used car dealer not to let the car price go below $60,000, all this info is fact.
Old 10/31/06, 11:11 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
That dealer bids between $50 to 54K for coupes then turns around and sets the reserves at $60 - 62K. Their inventory does not reflect having any GT500 meaning, possibly no allocations and/or no certification.

The malice of Ford dealers has reached an all time high.
Been wondering for a while now, how many of these cars are sold as new without finding a retail buyer? The back and forth between dealers seems to be a good percentage of ALL sales. Wouldn't it be something if they ended up hating each other, even as some of us that would purchase a car in a heartbeat go with another car/manufacturer altogether?
Perhaps the possibility exists for the dealer network to help topple Ford, not the lack of buyers for product that already exists.

And shelby-sez, how does it feel not getting a "REAL" limited edition Shelby, now that 1k of the really special people will get one glanced at by the Man himself.
Old 11/1/06, 10:32 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by sviper
sorry the price is 48560 not 68560 must have mistyped
Remember this, Just found out they sold it on E-Bay for 30 over to a guy in Germany, they now have two on the floor and the owner wants 20 over. the owner got a little tast of e-bay and got money hungry won't be buying form them then, will either wait or find some one else.
Old 11/1/06, 12:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JETSOLVER
And shelby-sez, how does it feel not getting a "REAL" limited edition Shelby, now that 1k of the really special people will get one glanced at by the Man himself.
i guess i just don't have that insecure need to feel special. didn't buy my car so i'd be 'special'.

but, everybody's mother told them they were 'special' i guess some poor insecure souls still believe it......
Old 11/2/06, 10:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm still waiting for pictures.
Old 11/8/06, 10:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

At MSRP:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...00&cardist=422
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...0&cardist=2193

Under MSRP:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...0&cardist=1979
Old 11/9/06, 08:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

I just got off the phone with the second third URl car. It was Al packer White Marsh Ford. I spoke with John Petrakow. The car is listed at 41303. It is selling at 12K over that. Typical dealer F'n BS lies. The thing is falsely advertised. He said well we are selling it at 12 over sticker. I said it is listed at 41 and change. He said well we sold out last one at 25K over sticker. I said good luck. You ought to change the **** price as it is false advertisement and misleading. He didnt seem to care. The more time has gone on the more turned off I am with this car. And I dont even weanna hear the "Ford cant do anything about the dealers" BS. They can and dont want to. At least make them advertise the actual price. They wonder why they are going in the toilet.
Old 11/9/06, 09:50 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Webba
I just got off the phone with the second third URl car. It was Al packer White Marsh Ford. I spoke with John Petrakow. The car is listed at 41303. It is selling at 12K over that. Typical dealer F'n BS lies. The thing is falsely advertised. He said well we are selling it at 12 over sticker. I said it is listed at 41 and change. He said well we sold out last one at 25K over sticker. I said good luck. You ought to change the **** price as it is false advertisement and misleading. He didnt seem to care. The more time has gone on the more turned off I am with this car. And I dont even weanna hear the "Ford cant do anything about the dealers" BS. They can and dont want to. At least make them advertise the actual price. They wonder why they are going in the toilet.
Autotrader automatically lists the cars and price for the dealers. It automatically lists it as the MSRP. You will find several in the Autotrader listed at MSRP. When you call, the story will be different.
Old 11/9/06, 10:15 AM
V6 Member

Autotrader automatically lists the cars and price for the dealers. It automatically lists it as the MSRP. You will find several in the Autotrader listed at MSRP. When you call, the story will be different.
Call them back in a year and it will be a different story but in the other direction. The number of people willing and most of all, capable, of paying 45 grand for a Ford Mustang is much smaller than some enthusiasts here imagine.
Old 11/9/06, 12:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

These are the reasons why I am waiting. When I see a GT500 on the road, all I can do is smile at the driver and say under my breath, "Sucker!" (for the first time).

In the next couple of months, you'll see used car values at KBB and NADA for '07s and you can bet the GT500's value will be around $40k as a used vehicle. I'm planning on waiting one to two years and buying one used for around $35k. As I'm driving away with my newly acquired GT500 for the first time, I'll say under my breath, "Sucker!" (for the second time to the same guy I saw one year earlier who I know paid MSRP++++). Sloppy seconds?? You bet I'll take it considering I'm paying a little over half the original cost.

Can you guys imagine paying, say, $70k today knowing that in one year, your "pride and joy" is only worth $38k??? Only a fool with money would fall for such a deal.

Willie
Old 11/9/06, 12:51 PM

What I don’t understand is why ford is letting this happen... the ford dealerships and in general the purchasing experience is Terrible and this has just taken it over the top for me. If you go and buy a new Porsche they may be taking you to the cleaners but at least they make you feel good wile there doing it. the Ford dealers are just not set up to handle 80K$ transactions or customers. This is a mustang a good value at 45K and they should treat it as such they would find that in the long run they would be much better off, then when the customers who cold afford 80K never come back after they end up 35K upside down in a single year.

Quick Reply: Any dealers selling at MSRP?