Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

WTF Lava Red not available with V6PP? Stupid!

Search this Thread

Old 2/3/11, 11:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
And we enthusiasts don't count as far as keeping our interiors clean. It doesn't matter what color interior we have because we'll keep it clean no matter what. Go rent a car with light interior and see how they REALLY wear over time.
Old 2/4/11, 06:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
And we enthusiasts don't count as far as keeping our interiors clean. It doesn't matter what color interior we have because we'll keep it clean no matter what. Go rent a car with light interior and see how they REALLY wear over time.
Well yeah, you have a point there. But that doesn't really affect Ford because the impact is on the individual's resale value. So that shouldn't make them change the interior design - they want the best looking interior (for the money) in order to sell new cars.

I suspect they changed the stone interior to bring it in line with the saddle design rather than to reduce the amount of light colored panel.
Old 2/4/11, 07:16 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
- they want the best looking interior (for the money) in order to sell new cars.
In part. Actually, resale value is very important to Ford. See, when a car's resale value stays high Ford can justify a higher initial transaction price. Because the depreciation is less, they can offer a better lease rate on vehicles, which also attracts buyers.

If you haven't noticed, Ford is running commercials to this effect; that the Fusion Hybrid's projected resale value is higher than the Camry Hybrid.

This is the reason for Ford's downscaling of fleet sales, the selling of Hertz and so on. These things hurt resale value and in turn product and company image.
Old 2/4/11, 07:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Oh no I agree they changed it to be more in line with the Saddle interior combo, but I think it will look better/more upscale this way. However, I DO think the interior could use some more lighter colored accents. If they didn't offer the new Lava Red combo (and if I were in the market) I'd be getting the new Stone with Glass Roof, probably with Lava Red or Black. I think it will be a really nice combo.
Old 2/4/11, 09:14 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The 2005 show car wasn't shopped. It originally had a blue interior for that photoshoot, but Ford switched it to charcoal before that car hit the show circuit...
That was real? Those bastards, it only serves to taunt me then. I would love to have those seats
Old 2/4/11, 09:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I have a bunch of pics on my old comp. I'll look tonight...
Old 2/4/11, 09:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky
In part. Actually, resale value is very important to Ford. See, when a car's resale value stays high Ford can justify a higher initial transaction price. Because the depreciation is less, they can offer a better lease rate on vehicles, which also attracts buyers.

If you haven't noticed, Ford is running commercials to this effect; that the Fusion Hybrid's projected resale value is higher than the Camry Hybrid.

This is the reason for Ford's downscaling of fleet sales, the selling of Hertz and so on. These things hurt resale value and in turn product and company image.
You caught me... I knew somebody would point that out. Certainly resale value is important but I think Ford looks more at trim design for what it looks like when it's clean and in good condition. They really have no control over people not taking care of their interior (other than reducing fleet sales) and a well designed interior that can be detailed will still hold value - rips and cigarette burns would happen regardless of color. I guess my point is that the change in the stone interior was probably not related to dirty trade-ins as much as being consistent with the saddle design.
Old 2/4/11, 10:57 AM
Legacy TMS Member Moderator

Received 531 Likes on 231 Posts
The 2005 show car wasn't shopped. It originally had a blue interior for that photoshoot, but Ford switched it to charcoal before that car hit the show circuit...
Originally Posted by stangfoeva
That was real? Those bastards, it only serves to taunt me then. I would love to have those seats
Have you checked Ford's dumpsters?
Old 2/4/11, 11:20 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Have you checked Ford's dumpsters?
If I lived in dearborn I definitely would have!