2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Wreck

Search this Thread

Old 11/7/12, 04:38 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad you're ok too. I just went though the same thing with my work car. The wife got run off the road and launched across the other lane by some idiot that thought it was a good idea to swerve into her instead of swerving onto a 20 foot wide grass shoulder. Dealing with insurance companies is a total nightmare. I still haven't gotten my deductible back.

You might want to look into turning it in on your insurance and letting them subrogate from the other guy's insurance. It's usually easier to deal with your own company, and it shouldn't affect your rates if the other guy was totally at fault.

I bet they're gonna total out your car with all that underbody damage along with all the other obvious stuff. Good luck.
Old 11/7/12, 05:03 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by USMC:302
If the price is right and the insurance is enough, are you selling?
Hell no! There are plenty of '13s still in dealer showrooms, worth a look. All it took for me was sitting in a CO '12 Boss and I knew I had to have one. However I really think the MGW is the only mandatory mod, all the rest are optional.

Name:  IMG_1209.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  180.7 KB
Old 11/7/12, 06:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Sorry to see and glad your ok. Time for the upgrade. Good Luck!
Old 11/7/12, 07:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by sakol
You are very lucky. Give up driving and start taking mass transit... Wish ford made mustang buses. That would be cool. You know, with the V6 ecoboost.
Wtf?! Can we ban this tool?!

OP, that sucks man. Stupid f*cking corolla driver!! Whenever I drive anywhere in the Bay Area, it's like a mine field dodging these idiots.

Btw, looks like you have the Saddle interior right? That's a 400A package car if it does. Your wheels all look okay? Maybe swap them out before the adjuster takes a look?
Old 11/7/12, 07:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Dang and you just got new wheels right? At least you are Ok.
Old 11/7/12, 10:19 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow man...sorry to hear, hopefully you can get it straightened out
Old 11/7/12, 10:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Just found out the insurance company is putting all of this on the other driver, so I'm stoked. I will update later this week when I hear the verdict from the assessor, as far as whether or not its totaled. As far as the aftermarket stuff, it's being included in the decision, so whether I get the rims back or they buy me new ones, I couldn't care less. Definitely glad it's on the move though, and thanks for all the support.
Old 11/7/12, 10:53 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Semper Fi
Old 11/7/12, 11:13 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by USMC:302
Just found out the insurance company is putting all of this on the other driver, so I'm stoked. I will update later this week when I hear the verdict from the assessor, as far as whether or not its totaled. As far as the aftermarket stuff, it's being included in the decision, so whether I get the rims back or they buy me new ones, I couldn't care less. Definitely glad it's on the move though, and thanks for all the support.
Right on!!
Old 11/7/12, 11:53 AM
GT Member

Terrible!
I feel your pain, I drive my '12 Kona on I-95 north almost every day! It's the craziest traffic and I see accidents like this left and right....
As for the damage, I'm sure the insurance agent will tell you they can just buff it out...
Old 11/7/12, 11:56 AM
Banned

Put your stock wheels on before calling the insurance company
Old 11/7/12, 11:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow that sucks.. Glad you are ok... Just for referece, MY 09 Mazda 6 met a very similar fate (but the damages visually looked less than yours)..the repair estimate on that was almost 17k... so more than likely it will be totaled... Good Luck!
Old 11/7/12, 12:22 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
waaaayyy too late joey
Old 11/7/12, 12:25 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
im sure those wheels are not in good shape. They might also have cracks and damage that is unseen.
Old 11/7/12, 12:36 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Glad you're alright, and hope everything turns out in your favor...She sure looked good.

As far as the mods go...Is his insurance not obligated to take them into consideration when fixing/totaling your car? And is it somehow considered theft to swap things out? Luckily, I've never had to find out this information first-hand.
Old 11/7/12, 12:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
Glad you're alright, and hope everything turns out in your favor...She sure looked good.

As far as the mods go...Is his insurance not obligated to take them into consideration when fixing/totaling your car? And is it somehow considered theft to swap things out? Luckily, I've never had to find out this information first-hand.
No, unless you informed the insurance company of the mods and your policy was changed to reflect the added items/equipment. No, it's not theft, you own them.
Old 11/7/12, 12:46 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

since the other parties company is paying they would have to cover those parts. He would have no way to before hand tell the other parties company of said parts.
Old 11/7/12, 12:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Flagstang
since the other parties company is paying they would have to cover those parts. He would have no way to before hand tell the other parties company of said parts.
Oops, wasn't thinking about the fact that HE got hit. Haha lets hope they both don't have the same insurance company lol
Old 11/7/12, 09:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 2012WhiteGT
Glad you're ok too. I just went though the same thing with my work car. The wife got run off the road and launched across the other lane by some idiot that thought it was a good idea to swerve into her instead of swerving onto a 20 foot wide grass shoulder. Dealing with insurance companies is a total nightmare. I still haven't gotten my deductible back.

You might want to look into turning it in on your insurance and letting them subrogate from the other guy's insurance. It's usually easier to deal with your own company, and it shouldn't affect your rates if the other guy was totally at fault.

I bet they're gonna total out your car with all that underbody damage along with all the other obvious stuff. Good luck.
Here is some good advice, USMC:302. Your own insurance company is happy to give you what you want, since they know they're going to get compensated by the Toyota Buttwipe's insurance company. Sorry for the destruction of your prized pony, but remember: sentimentality and pride of ownership notwithstanding, it's only a machine. You may love it, but it can't love you back. You're still upright and taking nourishment, and are able to replicate or improve on this car, and Ford is making new ones all the time. Keep it in perspective... best wishes, Marine.
Old 11/7/12, 09:26 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Sorry to hear sir. Hang in there, and you'll be in a new pony soon enough.

Quick Reply: Wreck