2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Wiper blades bouncing

Search this Thread

Old 8/16/12, 01:09 PM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wiper blades bouncing

Since I've bought this car 7 months ago, the drivers side wiper blade as skipped at the far left edge of it's travel. I took it to Ford, they replaced the blades. That did not help. I scrubbed the windshield, thinking there was some sort of film my eyes did not see. That did nothing. I went and bought a set of Michelin Blades; they skip on the drivers side. The other day, the passenger side started to skip. This is driving me nuts, as we get those afternoon showers here in central Florida.

What do you folks do to correct this? I read on one site to try using a clay bar on the windshield. I may give that a try this weekend. Other suggestions are anywhere to applying 303 to the blades periodically to using sand paper to clean the blades (that's not gonna happen).

So, a dirty windshield (that I can't see), or the arms themselves (they don't have any bends in them).

Last edited by Bucko; 8/16/12 at 01:39 PM.
Old 8/16/12, 01:58 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Rub dish soap on the blades with your fingers then run them. After that, clean the window. make sure the wiper blade is positively hooked into the U hook before.
Old 8/16/12, 06:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I noticed that the other day also. Mine 'swipe' fine, but then the whole arm(s) bounces on the way back down.
Old 8/16/12, 07:20 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Bucko
Since I've bought this car 7 months ago, the drivers side wiper blade as skipped at the far left edge of it's travel. I took it to Ford, they replaced the blades. That did not help. I scrubbed the windshield, thinking there was some sort of film my eyes did not see. That did nothing. I went and bought a set of Michelin Blades; they skip on the drivers side. The other day, the passenger side started to skip. This is driving me nuts, as we get those afternoon showers here in central Florida.

What do you folks do to correct this? I read on one site to try using a clay bar on the windshield. I may give that a try this weekend. Other suggestions are anywhere to applying 303 to the blades periodically to using sand paper to clean the blades (that's not gonna happen).

So, a dirty windshield (that I can't see), or the arms themselves (they don't have any bends in them).
I feel for ya dude. I came across I-4 into Orlando the other day and it was raining so hard I could barely see the car in front me. These summer rains are brutal at times