2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Windshield broken? thanks for Nevada's desert.

Search this Thread

Old 7/4/13 | 06:43 PM
GT Member

Windshield broken? thanks for Nevada's desert.

Windshield broken? thanks for Nevada's desert.-img_4421.jpg

Name:  Screen Shot 2013-07-04 at 6.42.52 PM.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  20.5 KB

Doing roadtrip from Indiana to Cali, now I am on the way back, pass by the Nevada. Then this come out.

You guys know this could ruin you whole day mood. I called the Statefarm they said I have to pay $500 deductible fee for repairing or replace it. However, the Florida people can repair their windshield without deductible fee. (What a advantage!)

Anyway, just wonder know how much would be for replacing a OEM windshield?
Old 7/4/13 | 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by hu171
Attachment 141422

Attachment 141424

Doing roadtrip from Indiana to Cali, now I am on the way back, pass by the Nevada. Then this come out.

You guys know this could ruin you whole day mood. I called the Statefarm they said I have to pay $500 deductible fee for repairing or replace it. However, the Florida people can repair their windshield without deductible fee. (What a advantage!)

Anyway, just wonder know how much would be for replacing a OEM windshield?
Just had mine replaced for 525 bones about a week ago. **** construction season.
Old 7/4/13 | 08:07 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by mrtnt3x

Just had mine replaced for 525 bones about a week ago. **** construction season.
I would check out the local windshield repair strore to see whether mine's can be repair.
Old 7/5/13 | 01:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

there's no way that windshield can be repaired. do you have comprehensive insurance with glass coverage? already had my mustang's windshield replaced once under insurance and expect at least once more in next 3 years.
Old 7/5/13 | 01:17 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by bones302
there's no way that windshield can be repaired. do you have comprehensive insurance with glass coverage? already had my mustang's windshield replaced once under insurance and expect at least once more in next 3 years.
Agreed^ That's definitely not repairable, you will need a need replacement, otherwise it will just get worse and worse

-Nick C.
Old 7/5/13 | 01:29 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

This^^^^I'm not sure which state you live, but State Farm here in North Carolina (my carrier) has replaced one windshield, and repaired one under my comprehensive coverage (no deductible). I'm saying this thinking you have comprehensive coverage, but don't know.

I do know that coverage could be different across state lines, but would think comprehensive would be the same. Good luck.
Old 7/6/13 | 12:55 AM
GT Member

Yeah, i agree with you, i do have the comprehensive insurance, is that matter to replace a one which is not OEM??
Old 7/6/13 | 12:58 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by wanted33

This^^^^I'm not sure which state you live, but State Farm here in North Carolina (my carrier) has replaced one windshield, and repaired one under my comprehensive coverage (no deductible). I'm saying this thinking you have comprehensive coverage, but don't know.

I do know that coverage could be different across state lines, but would think comprehensive would be the same. Good luck.
Yesterday i called StateFarm and the operator(not my agent) said i still need to pay $500 deductible fee if i wanna claim. However, the OEM one cost like $300 and plus the labor which should just touch $500 i think, then i would not claim.
Old 7/6/13 | 02:12 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Yesterday i called StateFarm and the operator(not my agent) said i still need to pay $500 deductible fee if i wanna claim. However, the OEM one cost like $300 and plus the labor which should just touch $500 i think, then i would not claim.

If you don't have low or zero deductible glass coverage on your policy, pay it out of pocket and don't even mention it to your insurance company. Just gives them another reason to go up on your rates or cancel on you. Eat the few hundred bucks and keep it to yourself.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 7/6/13 at 02:14 AM.
Old 7/6/13 | 05:31 AM
Post *****

My comp is $100 deduct but $0 deduct for glass.
Old 7/6/13 | 08:43 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

If you don't have low or zero deductible glass coverage on your policy, pay it out of pocket and don't even mention it to your insurance company. Just gives them another reason to go up on your rates or cancel on you. Eat the few hundred bucks and keep it to yourself.
Just tell them and never claim it, it would also go up my rate?!
Old 7/6/13 | 08:44 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
My comp is $100 deduct but $0 deduct for glass.
Ok, a little confuse to me, how do you check those duduct fees?? On the statefarm website?
Old 7/6/13 | 10:37 AM
V6 Member

It is in the declaration page of your own insurance policy and not a website. Florida may have by statute limiting the abililty of carriers doing business there to include or exclude deductibles for certain events in their Florida policies. Around 1945 Congress passsed the McCarran-Ferguson Act which exempts most items of insurance from federal regulation. For this reason each state may impose its own restrictions on what policies can exclude. Deductible items are certainly within the potential scope of a states regulatory authority.
Old 7/6/13 | 11:27 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

$500, Dayum. Sounds like they are trying to say that this was because of a wreck. If possible, I would drive the car to the insurance office for a face to face. It ain't chump change here. It's sad that I think this way, but insurance companies haven't given me a reason to trust them very much.
Old 7/6/13 | 12:36 PM
GT Member

Two things to check.

1st, the windshield repair is a comprehensive claim (not collision). Right on my Statefarm card it clearly states what the comprehensive coverage is - "D 100 DEDUCT COMPREHENSIVE". You can also look up your comprehesive coverage on your policy statement (not the billing statement, but the statement that comes when you get your insurance card). Or, you can login to Statefarm.com and find out.

2nd, if your comprehensive is <$500 - call your agent and point this out. If they still want you to pay more than your comprehensive deductible - get in contact with State Farm (not your agent) - 1-800-STATE-FARM
Old 7/6/13 | 02:36 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by skramblr
Two things to check.

1st, the windshield repair is a comprehensive claim (not collision). Right on my Statefarm card it clearly states what the comprehensive coverage is - "D 100 DEDUCT COMPREHENSIVE". You can also look up your comprehesive coverage on your policy statement (not the billing statement, but the statement that comes when you get your insurance card). Or, you can login to Statefarm.com and find out.

2nd, if your comprehensive is <$500 - call your agent and point this out. If they still want you to pay more than your comprehensive deductible - get in contact with State Farm (not your agent) - 1-800-STATE-FARM
Hey, i checked my insurance's card and it shows " D 500 deduct comprehensive" I think thats mean i should pay $500 anyway. Why your is $100???
Old 7/6/13 | 02:47 PM
Post *****

Hey, i checked my insurance's card and it shows " D 500 deduct comprehensive" I think thats mean i should pay $500 anyway. Why your is $100???
You can choose.

Many people go with a $1k deduct for collision to save money on premiums. But there isn't much difference in price to get a low deduct for comprehensive.
Old 7/7/13 | 12:02 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco

You can choose.

Many people go with a $1k deduct for collision to save money on premiums. But there isn't much difference in price to get a low deduct for comprehensive.
Why?? I mean why there is no difference to get a low deduct for comprehensive. For my case, if my comprehensive deduct is $100, i would pay the deduct without thinking, and let the insurance company takes care of it.
Old 7/7/13 | 12:49 AM
Post *****

Why?? I mean why there is no difference to get a low deduct for comprehensive. For my case, if my comprehensive deduct is $100, i would pay the deduct without thinking, and let the insurance company takes care of it.
Collision's are expensive repairs. Thousands. Can even total your car right? Even expose your company to law suits from others that may be involved.

But comp is for stuff like freak glass breakage, hitting a dear, getting keyed... in other words stuff that usually isn't your fault and usually far less expensive to repair. Plus they don't involve other driver's suing for medical or liability.

That's why there isn't that much difference in comp coverage for a lower deduct.

A good agent will lay out these price options and explanations for you.