Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Window Sticker question - "export only"?

Search this Thread

Old 1/22/11, 11:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Window Sticker question - "export only"?

So I got this little guy here:

And you can see it says "EXPORT ONLY 7". Now I ordered this car through Echange New Car Sales out of Iraq, which is why it thinks it was ordered from the Middle East (check out that URL under the Ford logo), but what does the export only stamp mean? Is there something different about the car? Also, what does California Emissions entail? I know the car doesn't have an EGR system because the Ti-VCT allows the engine to use an internal EGR, but what else about the engine is changed? Calibration code?

Also, SO EXCITED!
Old 1/22/11, 12:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine said the same thing. I ordered it through Exchange New Car Sales in Kosovo, and had it delivered in Ga. Don't worry your car will be 100% US specs with full warrenty. I was worried about this as well and here is the reply I received from Yancy Velasquez:

Sir, all vehicles ordered with Ford Motors from Overseas Military Car Sales will show the word EXPORT on the Monroney Window Sticker. The prime reason for this is because our business area with Ford Motors is within the Export Marketing Group at Ford. It is strictly an internal Ford way of conducting business. The fact remains your vehicle was built in the USA. To determine this, the verification is in fact in the Vehicle Identification Number. As reviewed the first digit is a numeric 1. Through out the industry the first digit of the VIN determines where the vehicle was built. #1 determines a U.S. built vehicle. We confirm your vehicle was built within the Continental Limits of the United States and that the vehicle never left the United States.

Your vehicle also carries the warranty afforded all Ford Motor Vehicles built in the United States.

Thank you for your purchase and if you have any questions feel free to contact us at any time.

Sincerely,
Yancy Velasquez
Overseas Military Car Sales
Sales Administrator
Mon-Fri 9am - 5:30pm EST
1800-664-5153

Last edited by Big Poppa; 1/22/11 at 12:15 PM. Reason: spacing
Old 1/22/11, 12:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is a copy of mine
Attached Files