2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Window Sticker and Order Dont Match!

Search this Thread

Old 4/21/10 | 02:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Window Sticker and Order Dont Match!

Got some potential bad news on my 2011 order. I ordered a car with spoiler delete. All the paperwork shows the order as including spoiler delete. After the order was entered into the system we decided to change the rear axle ratio. This had to be done by calling Ford and having it run up the chain for approval. Got communication back from Ford granting approval.

Today I pull the window sticker and I have my rear axle ratio but no rear spoiler delete on the window sticker. Im afraid Ford screwed up the order when they were changing the axle ratio. What do you think the chances are the window sticker is in error as opposed to Ford screwing up the order?

Seeing as how its scheduled to be built in 5 days I have my doubts about getting this fixed if its a screwed up order.

Last edited by Gene K; 4/21/10 at 02:42 PM.
Old 4/21/10 | 02:57 PM
GTR Member

Called the dealer yet?
Old 4/21/10 | 02:57 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Gene K
Got some potential bad news on my 2011 order. I ordered a car with spoiler delete. All the paperwork shows the order as including spoiler delete. After the order was entered into the system we decided to change the rear axle ratio. This had to be done by calling Ford and having it run up the chain for approval. Got communication back from Ford granting approval.

Today I pull the window sticker and I have my rear axle ratio but no rear spoiler delete on the window sticker. Im afraid Ford screwed up the order when they were changing the axle ratio. What do you think the chances are the window sticker is in error as opposed to Ford screwing up the order?

Seeing as how its scheduled to be built in 5 days I have my doubts about getting this fixed if its a screwed up order.
You could/should try to call the customer service number that's been posted around here to ask what can be done.
Old 4/21/10 | 03:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by PTRocks
You could/should try to call the customer service number that's been posted around here to ask what can be done.
Don't call customer service they aren't going to change it for you. It isn't your car as far as they are concerned it is the dealers. Call the dealer and let them try to change it, which probably won't be able to be done. If it is a big concern just have them re-order it properly.
Old 4/21/10 | 03:11 PM
eci
Banned

It's pretty awesome that Ford is in the 21st Century yet offers no means to change an order.
Old 4/21/10 | 03:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Karpro
Don't call customer service they aren't going to change it for you. It isn't your car as far as they are concerned it is the dealers. Call the dealer and let them try to change it, which probably won't be able to be done. If it is a big concern just have them re-order it properly.
I called the dealer 30 seconds after I checked the sticker. He has a call in. Waiting to hear back from Ford.
Old 4/21/10 | 06:34 PM
Cobra R Member

If all you're worried about is the "spoiler delete", they'll take it off at the dealership and put it on the parts shelf and sell it to someone else later. Your gift to the Mustang community.

I bought a '94 Ranger back in '94 and it said "body side moulding" on the window sticker. For the life of me, I couldn't find any BSM on the truck. To make it even funnier, it had a special Quality Control sticker from Ford in the window explaining the extra mileage on the odometer. The dealer ordered and applied the BSM.
Old 4/21/10 | 06:41 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
If all you're worried about is the "spoiler delete", they'll take it off at the dealership and put it on the parts shelf and sell it to someone else later. Your gift to the Mustang community.
So what are they going to do with the holes in the trunk lid?
Old 4/21/10 | 06:47 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by karman
So what are they going to do with the holes in the trunk lid?
Those are free.

Do any of the non-pedestal spoilers use screws/bolts? I figured it was just double-stick tape.

Of course, if rear camera was ordered, spoiler delete would be silly. . .
Old 4/21/10 | 08:26 PM

my 06 I ordered spoiler delete and it showed up with the spolier. The dealership found a v6 without a spoiler same color and swapped them.
Old 4/22/10 | 10:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

UPDATE:

Looks like Im stuck with a spoiler. Ford Corporate screwed up my order when they changed the gears manually. So I either take it with the spoiler or reorder. Dealer has to take the car regardless.

Ford claims because of the high volume of Customer Cars they have received an unusual number of spoiler delete cars so this item is on restriction. How the crap can the lack of something be on restriction? Apparently the holes are predrilled for the spoiler and they dont have enough non-drilled deck lids on hand.

Starting to wish I had just went and picked up a left-over 2009 GT500. I was offered a very attractive price (Less than many are paying for a 5.0).

Last edited by Gene K; 4/22/10 at 10:27 AM.
Old 4/22/10 | 10:54 AM
Bullitt Member

sorry to hear that. i to like the cleaner look of the spoiler delete.

i prob would have took the gt500 over the 5.0 if i was in your shoes. sure the 5.0 is awesome but in 2 years you will be driving just another gt. while you could have been driving a gt500.

either way you cant go wrong though.
Old 4/22/10 | 11:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Gene K
UPDATE:

Looks like Im stuck with a spoiler. Ford Corporate screwed up my order when they changed the gears manually. So I either take it with the spoiler or reorder. Dealer has to take the car regardless.

Ford claims because of the high volume of Customer Cars they have received an unusual number of spoiler delete cars so this item is on restriction. How the crap can the lack of something be on restriction? Apparently the holes are predrilled for the spoiler and they dont have enough non-drilled deck lids on hand.

Starting to wish I had just went and picked up a left-over 2009 GT500. I was offered a very attractive price (Less than many are paying for a 5.0).

Stuck with it?

I don't think so. I would tell your dealer that you will not accept delivery of the vehicle unless (a) the spoiler is gone or (b) you have promise in writing from them that they will replace your trunk lid with one w/o a spoiler. If Ford can get a trunk lid with no holes, so can your dealer.

If they had a problem with that, i'd go find another dealer.
Old 4/22/10 | 11:36 AM

Question Yes, stuck with it or wait "like" forever

Originally Posted by RedWings
Stuck with it?

I don't think so. I would tell your dealer that you will not accept delivery of the vehicle unless (a) the spoiler is gone or (b) you have promise in writing from them that they will replace your trunk lid with one w/o a spoiler. If Ford can get a trunk lid with no holes, so can your dealer.

If they had a problem with that, i'd go find another dealer.
I don't understand your response.
Ford says they aren't releasing lids with no holes for a while, so the dealer would have to wait also.
He stated the dealer would gladly re-order, but he doesn't want to wait. Any other dealer would also be a re-order.
Therefore, yes he is stuck with it unless he wants to start the whole procedure over with his dealer or another.
Old 4/22/10 | 11:43 AM
eci
Banned

BS on the "restriction". The V6 has the same **** trunklid and has no spoiler by default. They have plenty.
Old 4/22/10 | 11:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by karman
I don't understand your response.
Ford says they aren't releasing lids with no holes for a while, so the dealer would have to wait also.
He stated the dealer would gladly re-order, but he doesn't want to wait. Any other dealer would also be a re-order.
Therefore, yes he is stuck with it unless he wants to start the whole procedure over with his dealer or another.
Stuck with it as in forever.

If he can re-order and have it delivered by the same date, or before, as the original one he ordered then i'd say go that route. But if it means he'd have to wait a few weeks more, then i'd have the dealer promise him they'd replace the trunk lid once they had access to the part. So he'd drive it until that part came in.
Old 4/22/10 | 11:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by eci
BS on the "restriction". The V6 has the same **** trunklid and has no spoiler by default. They have plenty.
Good catch
Old 4/22/10 | 12:03 PM

Wink

Originally Posted by eci
You'll notice that most V6 cars are actually ordered with spoilers.
Look around at used car lots and on the street.
They may actually have a restriction for the time being.
The time factor, I believe, is the root of the poster's problem.
That is not to say that they wouldn't accommodate him, they just won't do it in the time frame hoped for.
I.E. his car would be bumped "like" forever.
Old 4/22/10 | 12:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

I do not believe the holes are drilled at all. They are stamped in the stamping process. Entirely different production runs. Ford estimates tooling capacity based on estimated production/sales. So they have the die rates and press runs set based on this. If there is a huge influx ie more people want trunk decks without holes, it bottle necks the production. Fords first priority is to get units out the door. Spare parts/service parts/ replacement parts come second.

I would have the dealer contact other local dealers find a V6 w/o spoiler and negotiate a swap.

It seems like I seem more 2010+ V6s with spoiler then I do V8s.
Old 4/22/10 | 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by RedWings
Stuck with it as in forever.
If he can re-order and have it delivered by the same date, or before, as the original one he ordered then i'd say go that route. But if it means he'd have to wait a few weeks more, then i'd have the dealer promise him they'd replace the trunk lid once they had access to the part. So he'd drive it until that part came in.
You do realize there is painting involved with that.
It is way more than just popping on a wheel cover.
I prefer to have as little paint work done as possible on a brand new car.

Originally Posted by jarradasay
I would have the dealer contact other local dealers find a V6 w/o spoiler and negotiate a swap.
This is a good idea. It has been done before.

Quick Reply: Window Sticker and Order Dont Match!