2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Wind Noise '12

Search this Thread

Old 7/14/11, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Wind Noise '12

Took my '12 Mustang on the interstate and noticed a lot of wind noise coming from the passenger side window area. Have been trying to figure out where it's coming from but no luck so far. Noise starts at around 70 to 80 mph

I tried asking someone to point a hairdryer around the window while I sat inside but I think it's too weak. Also tried putting tape over certain areas like where the side mirror connects to the car but no luck yet. Any of you guys experiencing the same thing? Any ideas on how I can find out where it's coming from or a fix? Thanks!
Old 7/14/11, 07:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Maybe used compressed air? No such problem on mine.
Old 7/14/11, 08:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Garden hose with somebody's thumb on it pointed at the window. Sit inside and look for water leaking through.

Alternatively, use compressed air. Preferably not of the can type. That ****'s expensive.
Old 7/20/11, 09:41 AM

The other day I was driving with the window down and noticed the same wind noise coming from the passenger side - only much louder of course because the window was down. I took it in to the dealer today and after driving the service manager around he explained that it's probably coming from the wheel well, passenger side. According to him it's a little loose and when I drive fast the wind noise is coming up the side of the car. Makes sense and I'm hoping that will be the end of that. Hopefully this info. can help someone who's having similar problems
Old 7/20/11, 05:24 PM
deleted account per user request

im having the same issue.. there is another thread about it on here. not window from what i understand
Old 7/20/11, 05:48 PM

On the drive home it was really quiet, so quiet in fact that I wish I had asked them to do both sides because all of a sudden the driver's side is more noticeable. Apparently the inside of the wheel well was not fit very tight so they pushed it back slightly and filled the gap in. Listen carefully and if you notice the same wind noise pattern with the window down that you hear when the window is up, it's not from the window seal.
Old 7/21/11, 07:10 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by codeoverride
The other day I was driving with the window down and noticed the same wind noise coming from the passenger side - only much louder of course because the window was down. I took it in to the dealer today and after driving the service manager around he explained that it's probably coming from the wheel well, passenger side. According to him it's a little loose and when I drive fast the wind noise is coming up the side of the car. Makes sense and I'm hoping that will be the end of that. Hopefully this info. can help someone who's having similar problems
Originally Posted by codeoverride
On the drive home it was really quiet, so quiet in fact that I wish I had asked them to do both sides because all of a sudden the driver's side is more noticeable. Apparently the inside of the wheel well was not fit very tight so they pushed it back slightly and filled the gap in. Listen carefully and if you notice the same wind noise pattern with the window down that you hear when the window is up, it's not from the window seal.
Originally Posted by 11GT
im having the same issue.. there is another thread about it on here. not window from what i understand
Thanks for the info codeoverride! 11GT, make an appointment with your dealer as soon as possible. If you need further assistance, please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, and contact info so I can escalate this if needed.

Deysha