2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

The wife rejects my stang proposal

Search this Thread

Old 6/12/10, 06:39 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im confused...

Now i don't have a new mustang (but did sit in one other day) and didn't even notice head rest...who drives or sits in pass seat with head against head rest???
Old 6/12/10, 06:44 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tom_vilsack
...who drives or sits in pass seat with head against head rest???
I like to when I'm cruisin down the road in my Mer... err I mean Mustang.
Old 6/12/10, 06:48 PM
Bullitt Member

How dead set were you on getting this car to begin with? I just cannot image going from "this is my car" to "oh well, maybe next time."
Old 6/12/10, 07:18 PM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Read of a good trick rather than hard wiring a button in on another thread. You can buy an extra remote pretty cheap on ebay. Get some velcro and you can have your trunk release wherever you like!

I was trying to convince myself why I shouldn't start wiring stuff into the car I hadn't even purchased yet, not add to the list of stuff to do! I had a hard enough time not thinking about modding it even BEFORE I was in the market for a new car.
Old 6/12/10, 07:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Im confused...

Now i don't have a new mustang (but did sit in one other day) and didn't even notice head rest...who drives or sits in pass seat with head against head rest???
I've read complaints about the headrests in the Mustang, Taurus, and Fusion. Two of which I have now, and one that I just traded off. I don't get it. The only problem I've ever had with a headrest is that there doesn't seem to be a 'lock' position with it all the way down on the seat. They wanna move up. Never noticed them in the way of my head, nor has my wife.
Old 6/12/10, 07:41 PM

Has she tried the back seat?
Old 6/12/10, 08:01 PM
GT Member

Thank you everybody for your kind reply and suggestions.

I did try to set the head rest at different notch, move seat back and forth, tilt the back to different angle...etc. But just can't find a good position for her. I guess the reason might be her height, 4'11''. At that height, when I set the seat good for her neck, she can't reach steering wheel or paddles comfortably. As for me, I can notice it also but I heard of that before and don't care too much.

So, as suggested by David, we are going to find her a user car/cuv she likes first, then buy me MY stang a few months later which would be dedicated MY car. This is a good compromise to me. After a few months (at most 6-7 months), I would get a job2 stang with more options and tiny bug fixed or even reach for a rumorred 2012 stang. Not bad at all.

BTW, I confirmed two things today.
1. there is no spare tire for v6 stangs, only the mobility kit.
2. the 500 rebate is still available even it doesn't show in ford website.

Cheers
Old 6/12/10, 08:18 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not sure why everyone is giving you crap about you thinking they're uncomfortable, the headrests in these cars suck, i have to lean my seat back and it's still annoying. there's no reason for it to be so far forward, they're not like that in any other car.

and on the '11s the rear head rests are adjustable and can lean back more but not the front??? why is that?

Last edited by cinque35; 6/12/10 at 08:25 PM.
Old 6/12/10, 08:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ShowGT
Get a new wife.

Ohh Snap!!!!
Old 6/12/10, 08:38 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by pony racer
if you get divorce over it, you keep the car, and get rid of the nag that want to keep your nuts in her pocket..
Old 6/12/10, 08:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hmm...that's weird. The first time I drove it I remember thinking how comfortable the head rests were.
Old 6/12/10, 09:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
we are going to find her a user car/cuv she likes first, then buy me MY stang a few months later which would be dedicated MY car. This is a good compromise to me. After a few months (at most 6-7 months), I would get a job2 stang with more options and tiny bug fixed or even reach for a rumorred 2012 stang. Not bad at all.
OK THEN...
see ya in twenty-12
Old 6/12/10, 09:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have to agree with the pointy headrests being annoying. I've seen a number of new cars with headrests like that. I don't get it.

Though that's not even close to being a reason for me not getting a 2011 Mustang.
Old 6/12/10, 11:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Im confused...

The answer to this question is easy people!Those in the pass seat with their head against the head rest have a great reason for it!

Get ready here it comes IT HAS OVER 400HP!And kicks like a thoroughbred!
Old 6/12/10, 11:20 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by alfaromeo
This is a good compromise to me.
Cheers
GREAT job my man! Proud of you!!

Wives can come and go (sadly), and machines come and go... but to have a good woman and a good machine... sheeeit... that's just AWESOME!!!

Last edited by cdynaco; 6/12/10 at 11:22 PM.
Old 6/12/10, 11:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cinque35
not sure why everyone is giving you crap about you thinking they're uncomfortable, the headrests in these cars suck, i have to lean my seat back and it's still annoying. there's no reason for it to be so far forward, they're not like that in any other car.

and on the '11s the rear head rests are adjustable and can lean back more but not the front??? why is that?

Will the back headrest fit in the front seat?

If her head was in your lap where its suppsed to be.....JK she needs to like it also.

My wife didnt care for the Bullitt because she cant drive a standard but she did like to ride in it. Im sure the headrest wont hurt her feelings too much in the new one.

Get her a new accord coupe. They are pretty **** nice for the price and of course a great car.

Last edited by GRABOID; 6/12/10 at 11:56 PM.
Old 6/13/10, 12:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Im confused...

LOL. No one I know of.
Old 6/13/10, 05:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

The headrests suck, but they are like that for whiplash protection. The only way they could be made more comfortable and still have the same level of whiplash protection is to put an airbag in the headrest. They are the same way in my Flex.

Seriously, though- the headrests cannot be the whole reason. It sounds to me like they were a convenient excuse.
Old 6/13/10, 08:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Im confused...

..who drives or sits in pass seat with head against head rest???

exactly.. HER head should be closer to the steering wheel.. (think about it)

Old 6/13/10, 08:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,573 Likes on 1,078 Posts
Originally Posted by cinque35

I have to agree, the headrests suck, they are one thing that I do not like about my 2010 GT. The force my head to tilt forward at an uncomfortable angle to my back, and my neck hurts after a while.

If I turn it around, then it won't support my head at all, kind of defeats the purpose.

I am going to look for an aftermarket headrest that is more vertical, don't know if one exists -- does anyone know of any?

Last edited by Bert; 6/13/10 at 08:30 AM. Reason: removed repeated pic link

Quick Reply: The wife rejects my stang proposal