Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

The wife rejects my stang proposal

Search this Thread

Old 6/12/10, 03:34 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The wife rejects my stang proposal

I took her to the dealership today to have a look at 2011 mustang. She checked inside and outside and was satisfied with almost everything.......except the head rest. The head rest is set in such a forward angle, we just can not find a way to make it comfortable. It bothers me a tiny little bit, but the wife hates it. That just makes her neck very uncombfortable. At the end, we can't agree on my mustang proposal. Hope ford can fix it some time later.

The current solution is getting another car/cuv which can fit our regular daily need then save money for future improved mustang.
Old 6/12/10, 03:36 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It has to be more than just the headrest, I mean come on....
Old 6/12/10, 03:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Can't you just turn them around?
Old 6/12/10, 03:41 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Get a new wife.
Old 6/12/10, 03:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Your gonna pass on possibly the best Mustang GT FoMoCo has come up with... because of the head rests!?!?!?! :-!
Old 6/12/10, 03:51 PM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
I've been married and divorced three times. I've seen guys die and their widows are dating 2 weeks after the funeral. If you want a Mustang, get one. Get your wife a used car she likes.
Old 6/12/10, 03:56 PM
Cobra R Member

I have to agree that it's kinda bizarre that the thing holding you back is the head rest. Just take it out, flip it around.
Old 6/12/10, 03:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

She'll get used to the headrests, trust me. It was an issue for me as well when I was test-driving 2008 Mustangs, thought it would be really annoying with just a few minutes behind the wheel. My wife was of a similar opinion. After I actually bought my '08 though, and spent a lot more time driving it, I scarcely gave it a second thought. Last year my wife and I took it on a trip where we were in the Mustang for up to 9 hours in stretch, and I don't recall any thoughts or concerns about the angle of the headrests. The only time I've thought about it recently is when I autocrossed the car a few times this year, and with the helmet on, it was noticeable again, but I adjusted the seat back a notch and didn't think about it again. Some people flip them around, and IIRC I've heard of people bending them to stay more upright.

Last edited by Ministang; 6/12/10 at 03:58 PM.
Old 6/12/10, 04:02 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by alfaromeo
I took her to the dealership today to have a look at 2011 mustang. She checked inside and outside and was satisfied with almost everything.......except the head rest. The head rest is set in such a forward angle, we just can not find a way to make it comfortable. It bothers me a tiny little bit, but the wife hates it. That just makes her neck very uncombfortable. At the end, we can't agree on my mustang proposal. Hope ford can fix it some time later.

The current solution is getting another car/cuv which can fit our regular daily need then save money for future improved mustang.
What about raising it up?
Old 6/12/10, 04:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

head rests have got to be the lamest reason for not getting the car..

as for you not getting it cause the wife "doesnt like them", grow a pair, and buy it anyway ( if you can financially afford it.

if youget divorce over it, you keep the car, and get rid of the nag that want to keep your nuts in her pocket.. //

sorry for the rant but i WAS married to a control freak..
told her i was buing a GSXR waited for 6 years for her.. finaly secretly saved up enough money.. told her i was buying one.. she didnt believe me.. 2 weeks later it was in the garage.. she didnt talk to me for 2 weeks.. ( most peaceful time of my marriage) we were divorcd 8 years later.. but if i didnt put my foot down. i still wouldnt have the bike and would probably still be married letting her walk all over me..

and yes i still have the bike and kept the mustang after the divorce.

my $.02
Old 6/12/10, 04:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Don't let women tell you what to do. I had a hot girl demand I buy her a dinner on the second date. I promptly showed her the door. She texted me 2 weeks later and we ended hooking up anyways, no dinner needed.

Stay alpha.
Old 6/12/10, 04:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Dam..........usually it's hard to get people fired up on here. Is everyone drinking today, or is this a topic that gets under everyone's skin
Old 6/12/10, 04:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 777 Likes on 567 Posts
pics of the wife???
Old 6/12/10, 04:54 PM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Stay alpha? I won't go there.

Try to find a compromise. Like people have said, flip it around and see if that helps. My boyfriend didn't much care for my head rests either, but after a bit he got used to them. Raise it up a notch or two. If the head rest is the only thing keeping you back, exhaust all of your options with it before you give up.

I almost didn't buy my Mustang because there is no trunk release button in the cabin. I think women just want a more "complete" package when purchasing a vehicle, ESPECIALLY when that cost is approaching 40k on the final dotted line and will inevitably be more with interest.
Old 6/12/10, 05:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

You'd think you'd be able to tweak or modify the headrest some, I mean it's not that complex and everything else is nice as you say. Anyone know if the different interior packages have any differences in the headrests?
Old 6/12/10, 05:07 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Do you have the seat up too straight? Don't know if you can adjust the headrest (never figured out how in mine), but assuming it is in the correct position for her height, in the event of an accident she'll be thankful it was close enough to provide support - regardless of an occasional nuisance. Cervical strain (whiplash) sucks.

As for the other advice... a good marriage should be a team. I wouldn't like it if my partner went and made a major purchase (2nd to a home) without me being involved and therefore I wouldn't just show up with a new Mustang without her in agreement - if you want a long term marriage.

Having said that, I don't agree with the control freak women either - that ain't a partnership. That's some kind of Freudian thing...

I've had both - a long term partnership marriage and a control freak marriage that was over in 6 mos.

Now I live long term with a herd of horses. I like them better. They respond very well with food and affection. And the electric fence.

Last edited by cdynaco; 6/12/10 at 05:10 PM.
Old 6/12/10, 05:21 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And this is the reason I am not married, seriously I'm not busting your ***** but come on, head rest?
Old 6/12/10, 05:41 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Antigini-GT/CS
I almost didn't buy my Mustang because there is no trunk release button in the cabin.
Read of a good trick rather than hard wiring a button in on another thread. You can buy an extra remote pretty cheap on ebay. Get some velcro and you can have your trunk release wherever you like!
Old 6/12/10, 05:49 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
pics of the wife???
+1
Old 6/12/10, 05:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Here is what you do.You explain to her in a way she can understand that the headreast can be adjusted if necessary.

Either put the seat back (BACK FURTHER) or turn it around or give it a small personal adjustment.

However i'm sure the headrests are in this position for a reason!

Whatever you do DON"T PASS ON THIS CAR!

Funny thing my wife was complaining about it also.Told her to put the seat back further & imagine this.It solved the problem!

Quick Reply: The wife rejects my stang proposal