Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

This is why racing needs to stay at the track!

Search this Thread

Old 3/2/15, 04:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
So he obviously knows who was driving his Stang, probably trying to protect his friend while he just killed two people.
Old 3/2/15, 04:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
the charge should be involuntary manslaughter
Old 3/2/15, 05:08 PM
Cobra Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
This. Anything else seems ignorant.
Old 3/2/15, 05:10 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by kanine
http://www.examiner.com/article/lapd...pectator-crash

Now he claims he wasn't the driver, but it was his Mustang. Still, why would you run away and abandon his vehicle. And he didn't know the cops would be looking for him till he saw the news? I'm sure he knew the cops were looking for him the minute his Mustang was wrecked and he ran away like a coward.
He was laying low while the booze and drugs left his system?
Old 3/2/15, 05:36 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
He was laying low while the booze and drugs left his system?
Exactly.
Old 3/2/15, 05:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
I thought that same thing. Murder is too far. It sucks that this happened, but they weren't exactly innocent victims either. Unless I misunderstood, they were willing participants to an illegal activity.
(emphasis mine)

I don't really think that watching stupid means you should die. Just a personal opinion of mine, that. I'm sure that's not what you meant, right?

Originally Posted by kanine
http://www.examiner.com/article/lapd...pectator-crash

Now he claims he wasn't the driver, but it was his Mustang. Still, why would you run away and abandon his vehicle. And he didn't know the cops would be looking for him till he saw the news? I'm sure he knew the cops were looking for him the minute his Mustang was wrecked and he ran away like a coward.
He allowed his car to be used, was on the scene, and knows that it's his *** for doing that much. He is at the least an accessory, if not an accomplice, *it not* the actual perpetrator of the accidental loss of control of a completely overpowered car in too restrictive a setting for it's going sideways and injuring one, and killing two more.

You might run too if any of that was on ya. Panic is a helluva drug.

Although, sure, coulda been tryin' to sober up, that's plausible, but see 'panic' above.

Originally Posted by Glenn

The DA or the Assistant DA who did this is a complete and utter idiot, and ******* I might add, for trying to pin murder on him, and that case will fall apart just like it did for OJ. Unless the kid has an even *worse* lawyer than the DA. It is beyond stupid that this is what he's charged with.

NOT that I am sympathetic to the accused. Nope. If they drove that car, they deserve punishment. And they should get the other car's driver, as well as the flagman/woman, for accessory to the crime.

But murder? That's dumber than dumb.

I bet it gets reduced to the involuntary manslaughter soonish as they realize the impossibility of proving murder in this case.

But wait, there's MORE!... he's going to get his *** sued in civil court, as are anyone else like I mentioned above, so whatever happens in the criminal court is just a prelude to the next steps by the families. This guy is *screwed* forever.

All for a thrill. Totally not worth it.

Aaaannddd... this is why we don't even like to talk about this crap here, promotes it by the mention. Look at all the pub we've been giving it, although a tragic turn of events... we're still lookie loos.

Well, anyway, that's all I gots to say about those things. What kind of chocolate would you like?

Last edited by houtex; 3/2/15 at 05:51 PM.
Old 3/2/15, 06:38 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by houtex
(emphasis mine)

I don't really think that watching stupid means you should die. Just a personal opinion of mine, that. I'm sure that's not what you meant, right?
Not at all. I'm not saying they deserved it...But they're not completely innocent. He didn't run a light and kill 2 people that were walking across the street. He killed 2 people that were participating in that same illegal activity.

The article mentioned that just being a spectator is a misdemeanor. So are they going to charge the guy that's in the hospital? I'm just saying all parties should be held responsible for the part that they played in this unfortunate event. Like you said, I'm sure there will be plenty of lawsuits coming...even though they were a part of the event.
Old 3/2/15, 09:04 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Offer a reward for a rat. You'll get to the bottom of it really quick.
Old 3/3/15, 08:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
Not at all. I'm not saying they deserved it...But they're not completely innocent. He didn't run a light and kill 2 people that were walking across the street. He killed 2 people that were participating in that same illegal activity.

The article mentioned that just being a spectator is a misdemeanor. So are they going to charge the guy that's in the hospital? I'm just saying all parties should be held responsible for the part that they played in this unfortunate event. Like you said, I'm sure there will be plenty of lawsuits coming...even though they were a part of the event.
Yeah I hear ya there... but those that got hit pretty much got punished already. And the guy who lived, well, he maybe doesn't go to watch that anymore, so why put more punishment on him, is my thought.

All of it is stupid though. All of it. People need to not be dumb.
Old 3/3/15, 08:56 AM
Just Plain Rude!

Originally Posted by houtex
All of it is stupid though. All of it. People need to not be dumb.
Yup. I forget who it was, but someone in another thread said..."Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes." That sums it up pretty well.
Old 3/3/15, 09:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I wasn't there to watch I was just out for a walk when a race happened. I would have been out for a walk that night but I think I would have been in a safer spot when the rubber met the road. I wonder how far they would go to prove their misdemeanor charge?
Old 3/3/15, 09:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tom281
In Cali just about everything is illegal

You're right man...!!!
Old 3/4/15, 01:36 PM
TMS Staff

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Front Page Coverage

Awful news, but it needs to be shared with the front page crowd too...
https://themustangsource.com/mustang...et-race-13345/
Old 3/4/15, 03:25 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Originally Posted by Detroit Steel
A Mustang...And it wrecked...And someone died...
I'm surprised it took you this long.
Old 3/4/15, 06:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Detroit Steel
so should we click on the link so we can click on another link so we can discuss on the forum?
Old 3/8/15, 06:57 PM
Cobra Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
http://m.motortrend.com/wot/1503_arr...t_charged.html

So now we are arresting suspected organizers and charging them with murder. WTF.

STOP OVERREACHING WITH CHARGES!!!!

charge them with what the did, don't trump up charges then everyone gets off.

Last edited by lowblustang00; 3/8/15 at 07:00 PM.
Old 3/8/15, 07:20 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by lowblustang00
http://m.motortrend.com/wot/1503_arr...t_charged.html

So now we are arresting suspected organizers and charging them with murder. WTF.

STOP OVERREACHING WITH CHARGES!!!!

charge them with what the did, don't trump up charges then everyone gets off.
That is just ignorant. WTF!?!?! Where in the heck did they find this prosecutor?
Old 3/8/15, 07:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
geez trying to charge the people who organized it with murder that's just ridiculous I agree with sebastion on the fact that they shouldn't have died but they aren't innocent, they knew what the were there to watch and went there on their own accord. As for the stupidity of standing anywhere in front of the cars that's just plain stupid, you wouldn't catch me standing anywhere forward of vehicles like that. Plus I don't trust other peoples driving. Some nights at the track on the nights where they have the midnight mayhems and everybody and their dog are there racing their street cars I get nervous that someone will lose control and hit my car going down the track. at least if I wreck my own car into the wall I have no one to blame but myself :P
Old 3/8/15, 08:48 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Screw it. I'm charging McDonald's with murder for all the heart attacks they caused.

P.s. No disrespect for the deceased...but what the heck is a 50 year old doing out at illegal street races with a bunch of ignorant Fast and furious kids?

Last edited by Getportfolio; 3/8/15 at 08:50 PM.
Old 3/9/15, 10:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I am charging the Japanese government for allowing radiation to poison the Pacific from Fukushima!

Quick Reply: This is why racing needs to stay at the track!