2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

who's getting is 2011 GT with spoiler delete ?

Search this Thread

Old 2/5/10, 08:17 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What bugs me most is the third brake light carved into the decklid. Why Ford couldn't have put it inside against the rear window like many other cars do escapes me. Some spoilers (such as the Roush & Shelby) at least mask it some and make it appear more integrated. I ordered mine without a spoiler, and I'll be considering what the aftermarket is going to offer. Alternately, maybe I'll just get a third brake light I can mount against the rear window and get the hole in the decklid filled.
Old 2/5/10, 08:19 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dnr427
What bugs me most is the third brake light carved into the decklid. Why Ford couldn't have put it inside against the rear window like many other cars do escapes me. Some spoilers (such as the Roush & Shelby) at least mask it some and make it appear more integrated. I ordered mine without a spoiler, and I'll be considering what the aftermarket is going to offer. Alternately, maybe I'll just get a third brake light I can mount against the rear window and get the hole in the decklid filled.
I really hope that the next iteration moves the 3rd brake light to the top of the rear windshield (new Taurus, MKS) and also moves the antenna to the window or integrates it into a small fin on the roof.
Old 2/5/10, 08:40 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can see why they put the third brake light where it is. If it's mounted to the bottom of the rear glass, you'd have to have an alternate location for the convertible. I can see why Ford doesn't want to have two different version of the light. And I don't mind the radio antenna. Frankly, I'm not sold on having radio antennas in the windshield. On a couple of GM cars I've driven with antennas in the windshield the AM reception was terrible. And yes electronics designers, people do still listen to AM radio.

The satellite antenna (aka "trunk wart") is a real blemish. It really looks like an afterthought. I'll just have to train myself to pretend I don't see it.
Old 2/5/10, 08:55 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
This is the only spoiler I'd want on a '10/'11

Old 2/5/10, 09:09 AM
Cobra R Member

Looks ok without a spoiler, but looks better with one.
Old 2/5/10, 09:56 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
This is the only spoiler I'd want on a '10/'11

Agreed...The Hurst spoiler is PERFECT. Too bad it's made of "unobtainium".
Old 2/5/10, 03:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

They look 100x better without the spoiler. The spoiler makes the already huge rear end look even taller.
Old 2/5/10, 04:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Skotty
I thought the trunk wart was the GT emblem.
Nope, it's the ugly black satellite receiver sitting right in the middle of the trunk. Somehow there seems to be somekind of partnership between Ford and Sirius so that they give you 6 months for free and then hopefully for them you renew your subscription which i did with my 2009 Escape. But i don't want it on the Mustang, and a lot of people don't want it anyways. What a bugger.
Old 2/5/10, 04:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

its also the reciever for the GPS i believe so sync or the nav know where you are
Old 2/5/10, 04:25 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
According to the FordEngineer on another site that was involved with the design of the current Nav system, the Sirius antenna on the trunk IS NOT for the Nav GPS, that is a Sirius thing only.

I don't understand why it isn't body colored like on so many other car makes are...
Old 2/5/10, 09:15 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
According to the FordEngineer on another site that was involved with the design of the current Nav system, the Sirius antenna on the trunk IS NOT for the Nav GPS, that is a Sirius thing only.

I don't understand why it isn't body colored like on so many other car makes are...
So where is the antenna for GPS, then?
Old 2/6/10, 01:11 AM
GT Member

Spoiler delete looks awesome, check the profile.....
Old 2/6/10, 02:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by RandyW
I've ordered a 2011 with spoiler delete. As others have mentioned the shape of the trunk lid is kind of suggestive of a spoiler anyway. It's hard to discern in pictures but if you look at a spoilerless one in person you'll see what I'm talking about. If someone is going for for more of a race car look -- especially with stripes -- I'd say get the GT500 or Roush spoiler. For myself, I'm going for a more subtle look and I'd rather not have any spoiler. I figure the Bullitt Mustang didn't need one and neither do I.
I think that you really need to see cars with and without spoilers in person if you are undecided, preferably parked side by side like I was able to. Photos just don't do justice to the differences. It is, of course, a matter of personal preference but I prefer the sleeker look of the spoiler delete.
Old 2/6/10, 05:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Huh. I never even notice the little black antennas until someone points them out. Looks okay to me. I like it better than having a tall silver mast on the front.
Old 2/7/10, 01:16 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by dnr427
Agreed...The Hurst spoiler is PERFECT. Too bad it's made of "unobtainium".
I think Xenon makes one similar...

I went w/ spoiler delete
Old 2/7/10, 03:52 PM
Bullitt Member

im getting spoiler delete for a sleeper look and to shave a few pounds. im also deleting HID lights. base seats, etc.
Old 2/7/10, 04:43 PM
Bullitt Member

If I get a '10 Mustang it will be without the rear spoiler. Without the spoiler the car has much cleaner lines and doesn't look like someboby just 'stuck' a spoiler on. W/O the spoiler you can also have a sleeper look if you go for that. My 73 Corvette has a small upturn on the rear end much like on the Mustang. The later Corvettes will the 'stuck' on spoiler did have as smooth a look. BTW my 14 year old likes the spoiler.
Old 2/7/10, 05:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

I will probably opt for the spoiler delete option. I like sleeper cars.
Old 2/7/10, 06:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Looks much better without the spoiler!!
Old 2/7/10, 11:00 PM
Bullitt Member

No spoiler for me too.

Quick Reply: who's getting is 2011 GT with spoiler delete ?