Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Who has tracked a V6 (road courses)?

Search this Thread

Old 6/13/14, 06:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 554 Likes on 360 Posts
Originally Posted by dmichaels
We're more interested in how the engine/tranny would hold up longer term with high g-loads (assume we'll both run slicks at some point, so sustained >1.2g's in various corners). Any engine cooling and oil cooling issues? Obviously larger radiator and external oil cooler would solve problems if they exist, but the preference is to avoid that...

Read through that other writeup, sounds like the guy was a supercharged V6? No apparent cooling issues he wrote about that I saw, although I doubt he was monitoring oil temps or cylinder head temps, but the engine would have put itself in limp mode I would think if any limits were reached

Appreciate the initial input - that Road America review gave some insight, but it was definitely written by a very excited guy who had limited track experience. Nothing wrong with that, just not a lot of technical information that I am personally interested in. I'm sure I've made quite a few posts in past years that were similar - first couple track outings get the blood pumping

Regarding the comments on the performance pack and gears - what gearing does the V6 base (with manual tranny) come with? And I assume the transmission gear ratios are different if 3.31's are the performance pack vs 3.73's that are with the GT TP. Is there a speed in gear chart for the V6 like we have for the GT? That would be really helpful

Thx
I have the Performance Package and for sustained high speeds and braking I would upgrade both fluid and the pads although he might want to see how they would do in a couple of practice laps.
As for how ability to pull a load without problems, up on the Tail of the Dragon it is rather easy to pull well over 1 G by the track apps, and mine with the Performance Package completely stock suspension and the P Zero Pirellis I was pulling 1.19 to the right and 1.17 to the left and on more than one occasion.
Name:  Phonepics063.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  249.9 KB