2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

WHITE GT & GRABBER GT

Search this Thread

Old 12/9/08, 07:53 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The more i see this car out in the real world the worse it looks.
Old 12/9/08, 08:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I prefer the white one. Though to be fair, it's those **** dirty wheels that once again ruin it for the Grabber car.

I hate those wheels themselves more than any design feature of the actual car. They just look dirty all the time, like they're coated in brake dust or something.
Old 12/9/08, 08:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by chris8519
Hey, Hey, Hey... here is a good one. I want to see what you guys think:

Recently I was showing my girlfriend the new mustang, and said I wanted one in the gold color. She said "ugh, that is orange. I hate orange. I will NEVER ride in that!"

So, kinda defeated, I showed her the grabber blue GT. She loves pale blue, and figured this was a sure shot, to which she replied "oh that's even worse! you, as a man, are going to buy a BABY BLUE mustang!?????"

I explained the heritage of Grabber Blue, and how car guys KNOW THIS COLOR. She kept laughing.

Hmmm... what should I do about this problem?
Get the mustang I want in grabber blue or gold, or keep the girlfriend!?
I know Grabber Blue is a sought-after color for the old Mustangs, but I never felt it was a good color for the car. It just looks too much like "baby blue" or "pale blue" to me. I much prefer a deeper blue like the Vista Blue on the current cars. The Grabber Blue looks more like a pastel color to me. Looks better on an Easter Egg than a Mustang!

Now the Grabber Orange, on the other hand, has some nice depth to it, but I'm not really a fan of orange cars either.

Last edited by Even Steven; 12/9/08 at 08:27 AM.
Old 12/9/08, 08:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

I have a feeling that GB is one of those colors that you HAVE to see in person for it to really "pop." Grabber Orange is the same way. Rarely does a photo do it justice. Most of the time, Grabber Orange cars just look flat and disgusting in photos, like a taxi cab or a school bus. However, in person
Old 12/9/08, 08:29 AM
Banned

The more I see Performance White 2010s, the more I think that it's the best color for the car. They just need to paint the "upright" part of the front grille and it would be a huge improvement. I think that's why so many people seem to prefer the V6 nose...
Old 12/9/08, 08:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by zzcoop
I have a feeling that GB is one of those colors that you HAVE to see in person for it to really "pop." Grabber Orange is the same way. Rarely does a photo do it justice. Most of the time, Grabber Orange cars just look flat and disgusting in photos, like a taxi cab or a school bus. However, in person
Well, if the 2010 uses the same Grabber Blue from the older Mustangs, I can say that I've seen it in person on several different occasions. It's just too powder blue looking for my tastes and I'm actually surprised that it became such a big deal back in the day. Maybe it was more the name than the color? "Grabber" sounds like a cool color, no matter what shade it is...

Have you ever been to GrabberOrange.net? It's a forum dedicated to nothing but GO Stangs. They have a pretty cool photo contest every month and believe me when I say all of their pictures "pop" and the color really look alive. Still not a fan of orange cars though... but it's an interesting site to browse.
Old 12/9/08, 08:39 AM
Banned

Here's a pastel blue Lambo. It looks to be a very similar color to the GB, but it's hard to tell for sure because it is inside under spot lights, while the GB Mustang is outdoors, parked in the shade.

Old 12/9/08, 08:43 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not sure if I am in love with the Grabber Blue yet but it doesn't look that bad. Now, if only they alligned the hood better on the white one
Old 12/9/08, 08:44 AM
V6 Member

i like the white too...that lambo is a pearl blue isnt it? is the GB stang pearl like that?
Old 12/9/08, 08:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by luzstang
i like the white too...that lambo is a pearl blue isnt it? is the GB stang pearl like that?
I don't know about the pearl blue... but they called in pastel blue on the website that I borrowed the picture.
Old 12/9/08, 09:07 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by luzstang

No, I've actually seen a Lambo here in Tampa that color. It is Non Metallic and Non Pearl. It really does look good on the car. There is a movement away from metallic paint that started in Germany. Volkswagen came out with a bunch of pastel shades of Gray, and Cream or Tan, an Orangish Red, and a Dull Blueish color. BMW has also had a Couple, especially on the M-3 that were similar, Very Dull looking Grays and Blues. What I mean when I refer to the color being Dull I don't mean it has no gloss, it has a high gloss, but seems to suck in light and has that dull appearance. To me it brings back memories of Old Enamel Paint jobs of the 40's to late 70's.

Another trend I am seeing on European show cars is Flat or Semi Gloss finishes. Similar in appearance to the old "Black Satin" look Hot Rodder's of the 50's used. (Which was really just Black Primer, cause it was cheap and they could do it at home.) I've seen several and again it's kinda interesting, but I don't think it's for me. Where I believe this trend is heading is the use of manufacturing parts, molded in color. Thus eliminating the painting process.
Old 12/9/08, 09:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

But I like teh shiny.
Old 12/9/08, 09:11 AM
Cobra R Member

As do I Coop. It's Not for Me Either.
Old 12/9/08, 09:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TampaBear67

Another trend I am seeing on European show cars is Flat or Semi Gloss finishes. Similar in appearance to the old "Black Satin" look Hot Rodder's of the 50's used. (Which was really just Black Primer, cause it was cheap and they could do it at home.) I've seen several and again it's kinda interesting, but I don't think it's for me. Where I believe this trend is heading is the use of manufacturing parts, molded in color. Thus eliminating the painting process.
Maybe you guys down in Florida are on the tail end of that trend. The flat/semi gloss paint trend is already ending, as it's been popular for nearly two years already. I've seen countless big $$$$ cars painted flat black lately and I'm surprised that the trend lasted as long as it did. Not only is it visually unappealing to me, but it's difficult to maintain. My buddy had his Vette painted that way and it looked okay at first, but now the whole paint job looks like crap. There's not much you can do to fix it without repainting it again. No way to repair the paint like a conventional base coat/clear coat paint.
Old 12/9/08, 09:21 AM
V6 Member

i remember those blue M3's
Old 12/9/08, 09:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Wouldn't flat black show every single fingerprint every single time? What a pain. It's hard enough keeping my MacBook clean. Forget an entire CAR.
Old 12/9/08, 09:29 AM
Banned

Wouldn't flat black show every single fingerprint every single time? What a pain. It's hard enough keeping my MacBook clean. Forget an entire CAR.
Yeah, it also doesn't shed dust very well. Dust tends to stick to flat black cars like glue. And you can't just wipe it off either, like you can with clearcoat paint. The surface is too rough and it traps the dirt making it difficult to remove without washing the car.
Old 12/9/08, 09:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Sweet jeebus.
Old 12/9/08, 09:32 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Even Steven
Maybe you guys down in Florida are on the tail end of that trend. The flat/semi gloss paint trend is already ending, as it's been popular for nearly two years already. I've seen countless big $$$$ cars painted flat black lately and I'm surprised that the trend lasted as long as it did. Not only is it visually unappealing to me, but it's difficult to maintain. My buddy had his Vette painted that way and it looked okay at first, but now the whole paint job looks like crap. There's not much you can do to fix it without repainting it again. No way to repair the paint like a conventional base coat/clear coat paint.

I wasn't just talking about people painting their cars Flat Black, as I said, that goes back to the 50's Hot Rod Culture, I'm talking about Concept Cars being done in Matte Finish Reds, Blues, Whites, and other colors. This is a Future trend that is still coming from the European and Japanese manufacturers. Whether it will take hold I have no idea, at least not yet. It is very interesting though. It really relies on the design and the Car almost has to be designed with that finishin mind, as light doesn't play off of it as well.

As for the finger prints Coop, the Flattening Agent used in the Clear Coat actually deters finger prints, as it's not smooth. It's not like the Old Flat Black Primer that Sucked Up Oil from your finger prints.

Last edited by TampaBear67; 12/9/08 at 09:33 AM.
Old 12/9/08, 09:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

You are absolutely right...saw a GB GT coming home from work in LA a few days ago with MI manafacturer plates and the color was stunning.

Dave

Quick Reply: WHITE GT & GRABBER GT