2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Where can I track my VIN?

Search this Thread

Old 8/24/10, 12:48 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where can I track my VIN?

Hi everyone,

I'm brand new to this forum and the world of Mustangs. I'm a former owner of a Camaro Z28 and to be honest, had never envisioned myself owning a Ford. A couple months ago I got introduced to the new 5.0 from all of my fav car magazines and was astonished. I ended up taking the new 5.0 for a test drive a couple weeks back (with no intention of buying) and some how walked out of the dealership having placed an order for a brand new Mustang GT!

I'm super excited (and obsessed) about my new car, and just today my sales rep from the dealership sent me my new VIN, 1ZVBP8CF9B5147021. I understand there's a website where we can track the progress of our build and was wondering if someone could share it with me.

Thanks much and looking forward to learning and sharing lots with this community!

-Chris
Old 8/24/10, 01:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by fossy207
Hi everyone,

I'm brand new to this forum and the world of Mustangs. I'm a former owner of a Camaro Z28 and to be honest, had never envisioned myself owning a Ford. A couple months ago I got introduced to the new 5.0 from all of my fav car magazines and was astonished. I ended up taking the new 5.0 for a test drive a couple weeks back (with no intention of buying) and some how walked out of the dealership having placed an order for a brand new Mustang GT!

I'm super excited (and obsessed) about my new car, and just today my sales rep from the dealership sent me my new VIN, 1ZVBP8CF9B5147021. I understand there's a website where we can track the progress of our build and was wondering if someone could share it with me.

Thanks much and looking forward to learning and sharing lots with this community!

-Chris
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the group. Your window sticker can be found here about a week before it is scheduled to be manufactured. Sadly, there is no way to directly track the status of your order without contacting your dealer which is a shame given today's technology. I hope this helps you out.
Old 8/24/10, 01:16 PM
GT Member

Thanks for the quick reply and for posting the window sticker app, very cool!! I have heard people talk about something called Ford CS. Is that something that would be helpful for me at all?
Old 8/24/10, 05:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by fossy207
Thanks for the quick reply and for posting the window sticker app, very cool!! I have heard people talk about something called Ford CS. Is that something that would be helpful for me at all?
You could always give them a try. All you need is your VIN. They should be able to give you a scheduled production date.

Dial 800-392-3673
Press 1.
Press 4.
Press 1.
Press 2 (this one may be gone).
Old 8/24/10, 09:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Unfortunately, they don't give you the production date over the phone anymore. They claim not to have the info (BS).

I got my production date from the Vehicle Tracking subforum over at Blue Oval Forums.