Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

When will Ford give the OK TO BUY? Any idea? Have they started on customer orders?

Search this Thread

Old 2/22/11, 07:57 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Itravelalot
If the OKTB has indeed not been given yet, then that must mean that either they have been weeks making cars making a lot of mistakes, or that there is some engineering problem they have not fixed yet (possibly the transmission?).
Not necessarily lots. The OKTB critiera is "zero". "One" is a fail and resets the clock.

Is it normal for the OKTB to take this long,
Yes. See last year's launch. Add into the mix two snowstorms, two weeks downtime from parts shortages, and a Holiday long weekend.
Old 2/22/11, 08:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Guess I was lucky,,I dealt with the Manager who was a friend of a friend but he was very helpful and if he did not know he researched what I had learned in these forums and wasnt afraid to tell me he wasnt sure. I gave him my $500 on 1/3/11 and he has been calling with updates (mostly advising of the ongoing delay) He hasnt cashed my check yet but gave me the car at $100 over invoice and said we would see what incentives were here when the car comes in. It has been a positive experience for me, the delays suck but I would rather have a great car than somthing they rush to get out,,it is only Feb 2011 and we are buying a 2012! Like Christmas it will arrive,,hang tight fellas, when Sparky says the OKTB has been given , the trains will roll out of Detroit!
Old 2/22/11, 09:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 12GTBLK
Guess I was lucky,,I dealt with the Manager who was a friend of a friend but he was very helpful and if he did not know he researched what I had learned in these forums and wasnt afraid to tell me he wasnt sure. I gave him my $500 on 1/3/11 and he has been calling with updates (mostly advising of the ongoing delay) He hasnt cashed my check yet but gave me the car at $100 over invoice and said we would see what incentives were here when the car comes in. It has been a positive experience for me, the delays suck but I would rather have a great car than somthing they rush to get out,,it is only Feb 2011 and we are buying a 2012! Like Christmas it will arrive,,hang tight fellas, when Sparky says the OKTB has been given , the trains will roll out of Detroit!
Lucky... I am beginning to think that anyone who is not put through the ringer for wanting to do a special order is lucky. At least Ford does special orders. The Toyota dealership I went to said that they Toyota does not do special orders.

My Ford I dealer has not even called or emailed once in at least the past month. Before that all they did was lie to me. The only good things I can say so far is that they evidently did put my order in and they did give it a decent priority (not that I imagine that they have any other 2012 Mustang orders). They should at least give a courtesy email once in a while to see how I am doing or offer a coupon of some sort for the wait. I am almost ready to just start the wait over again and go to someone else.
Old 2/22/11, 09:54 PM
V6 Member

My ford dealer wants my car on their lot as much as want it, But they are not driving the train. The thing that I appreciate from them is that there is no bull, no false promises. They read the information they are sent and are as frustrated as the rest of us, maybe more because their inventory of 2011s is being reduced greatly every week. The dealership anticipates that my mustang will be one of only a few Mustangs on their lot when it arrives and the only lava red one. the wait will end shorly, heck there is a chance of snow tomorrow!

BTW all of you that work at a dealership or other capasity and keep us informed, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
Old 2/23/11, 01:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by unas2k5

The manager after my salesman was fired called me up to review the order.He then had me fill out a finance application and they just started pulling the crap out of my reports. Finance manager was calling me and updating me on what interest rates I was offered and told me that the car IS ON ITS WAY and it's time to obtain the financing. He said that the manager said that to him. I recieved an approval that I liked and I'm just waiting on the car now. Later I notice that the order was placed FEB09!!!! and they were getting me financed on the 7th!!
Is it even legal to sell a car that they do not have and have not ordered? I would think that the bank would not be all that happy if they knew. Suppose they already paid the dealers and you defaulted. There is no car to repo. They certainly could not get a car fom you that does not exist.
Old 2/23/11, 04:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by unas2k5

Yeah, I know I really need to do that. It's such a waste of money!
The salesman said that it would be 4-6 weeks at the most... I shouldn't have believed anything he said... Lesson learned.
All this would explain the priority 2. This whole thing almost seems fraudulent, or extortionate. To have you sign up for financing using the wrong VIN, telling you the car is on the way when they have means to know it is not.........they should be bending over backwards to help you out on this (giving you a car to drive would be a nice touch), rather than bending you over the table. This kind of stuff really sets me off! Very little integrity left in the world.

As was said, once this all starts rolling it'll go pretty quick

Last edited by Stang-Par; 2/23/11 at 04:45 AM.
Old 2/23/11, 07:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky
Not necessarily lots. The OKTB critiera is "zero". "One" is a fail and resets the clock.

Yes. See last year's launch. Add into the mix two snowstorms, two weeks downtime from parts shortages, and a Holiday long weekend.
I can say the 2011 wait for ok to buy was almost the same. My car was built 3/30/10 and didn't ship until 4/28/10. I learned an important lesson last year, lots of dealers will say anything to get your money even when they have no idea when the cars will be released and that if you are at all an impatient person, then special ordering a car is not for you. I ordered my car in Jan. of 2010, got it 4 months later, so a month or two of waiting is not that bad. Of course I was one of the ones posting here 10 times a day looking for any info too.

Last edited by IT_Guru; 2/23/11 at 07:55 AM.
Old 2/23/11, 09:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Itravelalot
Is it even legal to sell a car that they do not have and have not ordered? I would think that the bank would not be all that happy if they knew. Suppose they already paid the dealers and you defaulted. There is no car to repo. They certainly could not get a car fom you that does not exist.

If I were a dealer, I don't think I'd want to order any Joe Schmoe's car with zero money down or no financing secured. How would you like to have to pony up 30k for each car and when it comes in the douche that ordered it can't get approved for financing. Just becasue they run it and get you signed up doesn't mean the payments start now w/ no car. Easy killer.
Old 2/23/11, 10:17 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by wonger

If I were a dealer, I don't think I'd want to order any Joe Schmoe's car with zero money down or no financing secured. How would you like to have to pony up 30k for each car and when it comes in the douche that ordered it can't get approved for financing. Just becasue they run it and get you signed up doesn't mean the payments start now w/ no car. Easy killer.
I know there are a lot of us ordering out there and perhaps I haven't read all the posts, but it sounds like most of us are told different things......for example someone wrote about "we'll see what incentives are out there when the car shows up." or like the person who is already making payments. I was told it's policy that you put $500 down. You can put more if u want, bun no less. Also, whatever the incentives are the day u order is what u get once the car comes in unless the incentives have gotten better during the wait. Like for me, I'm getting the full A plan discount plus another $1500 off that price.....which the incentives at the time I ordered were an extra $1500 off. Or I'll get better than that if the incentives increase. So I'm getting a $40,000+ car for just over $34,000 (+ tax of course) and I don't have to pay a dime until the car shows up (besides the $500 deposit).

Is this what everyone experiences???

One thing it seems most of us have in common is a dealer who doesn't keep us informed as to what the hell is going on. My person returned every phone call or always answered the phone when I called before I put down the money. Now I literally have to go to the dealership in person just to get an update! Absolutely ridiculous!!!!
Old 2/23/11, 10:19 AM
V6 Member

Also.....I was told the $500 deposit is fully refundable at any point. Even if the car shows up and I back out, I get my $500 back.

Last edited by 2012 Black 5.0; 2/23/11 at 10:28 AM.
Old 2/23/11, 11:39 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had to put no money down on my order.

Since it is such a high demand car, I think many dealers are forgoing the deposit since they can just sell the car off the lot quickly if a order fell through.
Old 2/23/11, 11:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LEwis26
Since it is such a high demand car, I think many dealers are forgoing the deposit since they can just sell the car off the lot quickly if a order fell through.
Haven't bothered to look at the US incentive offerings but in Canada the customer deposit has been waived.
Old 2/23/11, 12:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky
Haven't bothered to look at the US incentive offerings but in Canada the customer deposit has been waived.
I put a deposit down as a show of good faith and because the GM at the dealership is a friend. Was never asked for a deposit. I told them I would be paying cash at pick up because I've already secured the financing. Now if the financing is better at time of delivery through Ford, then I'll go that route since I get the best deal available. But I've never had to pay any dealer any payment for a car that wasn't delivered.

In 98 I bought a Dakota R/T new. I ordered it in Feb and had no idea when it was being delivered. I had to get rid of a car but did not want to trade it in. It so happened I had the opportunity in the middle of March to sell the car but I would have nothing to drive so the dealer lent me a used car until it showed up in April (mind you it was Neon, but I appreciated the gesture)
Old 2/23/11, 01:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just got off the phone with my dealer earlier today; they have no knowledge of any '12 mustangs showing up, which - based on the fact that Ford's ETA was last saturday - means it's definitely just sitting in a lot somewhere waiting for the OKTB. Ford says it's "In Transit" which likely means it's sitting at Ramp 51 just like all the '11s were last year.

I thought it was funny then because it was gonna be another year before I got my car, but it seems less funny now.

I will keep you all updated as I find out. I am getting antsy, but I am not blaming the dealer. Paying interest on this loan sucks, though.
Old 2/23/11, 02:18 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2012 Black 5.0
I know there are a lot of us ordering out there and perhaps I haven't read all the posts, but it sounds like most of us are told different things......for example someone wrote about "we'll see what incentives are out there when the car shows up." or like the person who is already making payments. I was told it's policy that you put $500 down. You can put more if u want, bun no less. Also, whatever the incentives are the day u order is what u get once the car comes in unless the incentives have gotten better during the wait. Like for me, I'm getting the full A plan discount plus another $1500 off that price.....which the incentives at the time I ordered were an extra $1500 off. Or I'll get better than that if the incentives increase. So I'm getting a $40,000+ car for just over $34,000 (+ tax of course) and I don't have to pay a dime until the car shows up (besides the $500 deposit).

Is this what everyone experiences???

One thing it seems most of us have in common is a dealer who doesn't keep us informed as to what the hell is going on. My person returned every phone call or always answered the phone when I called before I put down the money. Now I literally have to go to the dealership in person just to get an update! Absolutely ridiculous!!!!
I put down a $500 deposit and was told incentives at the time I take delivery of the car would apply. I ordered mine under the X plan. What is the A plan?
Old 2/23/11, 02:31 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by RaceRed12
I put down a $500 deposit and was told incentives at the time I take delivery of the car would apply. I ordered mine under the X plan. What is the A plan?

From what I understand some people call it the A plan, some people call it the Z plan. On my print up of my order it shows as the A/Z Plan. But anyways, it's the discount you get if you or a parent/sibling work for Ford.
Old 2/23/11, 04:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by hawkeye18
I just got off the phone with my dealer earlier today; they have no knowledge of any '12 mustangs showing up, which - based on the fact that Ford's ETA was last saturday - means it's definitely just sitting in a lot somewhere waiting for the OKTB. Ford says it's "In Transit" which likely means it's sitting at Ramp 51 just like all the '11s were last year.

I thought it was funny then because it was gonna be another year before I got my car, but it seems less funny now.

I will keep you all updated as I find out. I am getting antsy, but I am not blaming the dealer. Paying interest on this loan sucks, though.
Sorry to hear that Jason. Hope the flood gates open soon!
Old 2/23/11, 05:02 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 2012 Black 5.0
From what I understand some people call it the A plan, some people call it the Z plan. On my print up of my order it shows as the A/Z Plan. But anyways, it's the discount you get if you or a parent/sibling work for Ford.
A & Z Plan are the same price. A Plan is for current Ford Motor Company employees (and their immediate families) and Z Plan is for retired FMC employees (and their immediate families).
Old 2/24/11, 07:00 PM
V6 Member

Talked to a person from Flat Rock today. They told me the first 2012 Mustangs shipped out last week and that there are no holds or backups at this point. Production for 2012 is in full swing. Good news! Sounds like those of us without build dates should be scheduled any day now at this point.
Old 2/24/11, 07:01 PM
Bullitt Member

A few deliveries just arrived at at least one dealer today according to another thread. Just thought I'd give you guys the heads up.

Quick Reply: When will Ford give the OK TO BUY? Any idea? Have they started on customer orders?