Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

When will Ford give the OK TO BUY? Any idea? Have they started on customer orders?

Search this Thread

Old 2/22/11, 03:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When will Ford give the OK TO BUY? Any idea? Have they started on customer orders?

Just wondering how that all works.
Old 2/22/11, 03:33 PM
Banned

Two-three full days error free production + no unaddressed engineering issues.
Old 2/22/11, 04:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Hawkeye18 said that his order has already shipped. Deysha said to me in a PM that Ford is already starting to pull retail orders again, so mine has at least some chance of being pulled soon. If either of these are true, then the OK TO BUY would have had to have happened already. Since we know that 2012s have been produced for a little while already, I would guess that the OK TO BUY has been given. I of course do not work for Ford like Sparky does. Maybe Sparky can check if any of the supposedly shipped cars really have been. At the end of this week or beginning of next, if we see some more retail orders get pulled and scheduled like Deysha said would happen, then we can guess everything is OKAY.
Old 2/22/11, 05:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Itravelalot
Hawkeye18 said that his order has already shipped. Deysha said to me in a PM that Ford is already starting to pull retail orders again, so mine has at least some chance of being pulled soon. If either of these are true, then the OK TO BUY would have had to have happened already. Since we know that 2012s have been produced for a little while already, I would guess that the OK TO BUY has been given. I of course do not work for Ford like Sparky does. Maybe Sparky can check if any of the supposedly shipped cars really have been. At the end of this week or beginning of next, if we see some more retail orders get pulled and scheduled like Deysha said would happen, then we can guess everything is OKAY.
I do check, I just don't post about it because I can't compete with 20 salesmen that tell their clients their cars are coming.

But so far:
1) I have not seen any new vehicles serialized as of yet.
2) An 8am this morning Dealer Notification still says and I quote "2012 Focus & Mustang: Retail orders will not be scheduled until after the OK to Buy is achieved. "
3) Hawkeye's order, like a few others, have shown shipped as of 18FEB but hasn't been updated since of its tracking location; nor does the truck company's database have any record of even receiving it yet.
4) I have yet to hear from my AAI contact.
5) I have looked at the VV inventory of one of Canada's biggest dealerships and I have yet to see a single built Mustang make it on a truck that has had a location other than AAI and not one single car has been loaded on a train.

I can't speak for Deysha maybe her sources or system access is different than mine. I can only speak for my experience.

Anyone here ever have their cars tracked by ViperPilot over at BlueOvalNews?

Last edited by OAC_Sparky; 2/22/11 at 05:21 PM.
Old 2/22/11, 05:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sparky,

The sales manager at the dealer says that my car has been bumped to a priority 1... I don't know if it's true though...I called Ford to track it and she says that it hasn't even been assigned a VIN. As always I appreciate your input. Is it possible that a Canada OK TO BUY is differnet that a United States one?
Old 2/22/11, 06:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by unas2k5
The sales manager at the dealer says that my car has been bumped to a priority 1... I don't know if it's true though...I called Ford to track it and she says that it hasn't even been assigned a VIN.
The priority of the order has no bearing on anything until they start pulling orders and assigning VINs. Then a "1" would mean something. Maybe an exception can be made at the corporate level but to be honest I've never seen it. Doesn't mean it "can't" happen. I try to deal in stuff I "know" or what I "see" rather than deal in speculation.

I will add the disclaimer that as I said in another thread, communication with my AAI contact is delayed as we work different shifts, IF the OKTB is given there might be a 12 hour delay before I get it confirmed.

As always I appreciate your input. Is it possible that a Canada OK TO BUY is differnet that a United States one?
No.
Old 2/22/11, 06:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Oh and I'll try to have ViperPilot track my order.I'll report back as soon as he replies.
Old 2/22/11, 06:03 PM
Banned

Oh and I'll try to have ViperPilot track my order.I'll report back as soon as he replies.
He won't reply, he's retired from doing tracking. I was just curious if anyone had dealt with him in the past.
Old 2/22/11, 06:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky
The priority of the order has no bearing on anything until they start pulling orders and assigning VINs. Then a "1" would mean something. Maybe an exception can be made at the corporate level but to be honest I've never seen it. Doesn't mean it "can't" happen. I try to deal in stuff I "know" or what I "see" rather than deal in speculation.

I will add the disclaimer that as I said in another thread, communication with my AAI contact is delayed as we work different shifts, IF the OKTB is given there might be a 12 hour delay before I get it confirmed.

No.
Anyone will take your word over a dealership... He's probably lying about it...of course.
Old 2/22/11, 06:17 PM
Banned

Anyone will take your word over a dealership... He's probably lying about it...of course.
In all fairness, I work in a different capacity than your dealer. Your dealer can't look at other dealer's orders, he can only look at his own.

TBH I hate throwing around the term, "lying" because it implies conscious deception. If you and I look at the same picture taken at an Autoshow we may see completely things -- you might notice the car and I'll notice the girl beside the car and someone else will notice the guy picking his nose in the background. We can all give account of what we saw in the picture and none of us would be "lying", although only one of us may understand what the photographer had in mind when he took the picture. I feel (maybe biased) that I've got a bit better vantage point than the average dealer.

As I've said before, your dealer has gone above and beyond the call of duty pushing up your priority and that was confirmed; it wouldn't make sense to put that kind of effort in if his real intention was to be deceptive.

Last edited by OAC_Sparky; 2/22/11 at 06:19 PM.
Old 2/22/11, 06:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

In all fairness, I work in a different capacity than your dealer. Your dealer can't look at other dealer's orders, he can only look at his own.

TBH I hate throwing around the term, "lying" because it implies conscious deception. If you and I look at the same picture taken at an Autoshow we may see completely things -- you might notice the car and I'll notice the girl beside the car and someone else will notice the guy picking his nose in the background. We can all give account of what we saw in the picture and none of us would be "lying", although only one of us may understand what the photographer had in mind when he took the picture. I feel (maybe biased) that I've got a bit better vantage point than the average dealer.

As I've said before, your dealer has gone above and beyond the call of duty pushing up your priority and that was confirmed; it wouldn't make sense to put that kind of effort in if his real intention was to be deceptive.

Thanks,I understand that all. I was just able to pull that one window sticker today that was suppose to be my car.
He said to me that he has an OKTB and that ill recieve it at the end of the month and that he'll have a VIN for me the same day.
Old 2/22/11, 06:57 PM
Banned

Thanks,I understand that all. I was just able to pull that one window sticker today that was suppose to be my car.
Your original order was put in as a stock order, priority 80. Had that been any other time in the model year but startup that order wouldn't have seen the light of day for months.

Unfortunately, that order is wrong; but if a couple of weeks is going to make that much of a difference then you still have the choice of buying it. But we're taking about a few weeks not months to get the order you want.

Everything else at this point is spilt milk.
Old 2/22/11, 07:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Your original order was put in as a stock order, priority 80. Had that been any other time in the model year but startup that order wouldn't have seen the light of day for months.

Unfortunately, that order is wrong; but if a couple of weeks is going to make that much of a difference then you still have the choice of buying it. But we're taking about a few weeks not months to get the order you want.

Everything else at this point is spilt milk.

I can definitely wait a couple of weeks for Brembos and 3.55 but when I see that there isn't an OKTB yet and many people have ordered before me and that it hasn't been serialized I feel like it'll be forever. I'm willing to wait...
I sold my 2010 Mustang GT that has the exact options and color(-Brembos ,3.55's) about 2 months ago... I do not have a second car... I've been renting one for about $800 a month...that's partly the issue. My first payment on this 5.0 is due April. They rushed me into financing too...
I've driven only Mustang GT's since I graduated high school in 04. I've had an 05' 07' and 10'.

Link to my last car I sold:
http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44879

Last edited by unas2k5; 2/22/11 at 07:13 PM.
Old 2/22/11, 07:12 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My first payment on this 5.0 is due April. They rushed me into financing too.
They have you making payments on a car that hasn't been built yet? Am I missing something?
Old 2/22/11, 07:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 07S197
They have you making payments on a car that hasn't been built yet? Am I missing something?
The manager after my salesman was fired called me up to review the order.He then had me fill out a finance application and they just started pulling the crap out of my reports. Finance manager was calling me and updating me on what interest rates I was offered and told me that the car IS ON ITS WAY and it's time to obtain the financing. He said that the manager said that to him. I recieved an approval that I liked and I'm just waiting on the car now. Later I notice that the order was placed FEB09!!!! and they were getting me financed on the 7th!!
Old 2/22/11, 07:29 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The manager after my salesman was fired called me up to review the order.He then had me fill out a finance application and they just started pulling the crap out of my reports. Finance manager was calling me and updating me on what interest rates I was offered and told me that the car IS ON ITS WAY and it's time to obtain the financing. He said that the manager said that to him. I recieved an approval that I liked and I'm just waiting on the car now. Later I notice that the order was placed FEB09!!!! and they were getting me financed on the 7th!!

I wouldn't be making any payments until the car was in my driveway. How can they do this? Do you even have a VIN yet?
Old 2/22/11, 07:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 07S197

I wouldn't be making any payments until the car was in my driveway. How can they do this? Do you even have a VIN yet?

YES, he gave me the VIN for the screwed up order that was placed January 14... He said he fixed the order and that was my VIN.
Old 2/22/11, 07:31 PM
Banned

I can definitely wait a couple of weeks for Brembos and 3.55 but when I see that there isn't an OKTB yet and many people have ordered before me and that it hasn't been serialized I feel like it'll be forever. I'm willing to wait...
Your correct order has a Priority 2. It'll be serialized before (pretty much) anyone else in the zone.

Unfortunately you made some rash decisions and that sucks; I'm trying to be straight up and not facetious when I say that it's unfortunate that you're researching after the fact and even if your previous salesman had ordered correctly that nothing would be different at this point; ALL new models are held until OKTB this isn't a Mustang-exclusive condition.

Were I you I would push my dealer to work on an alternate means of transportation that is more reasonably priced. Yes, you are used to driving Mustangs but if you can lease a Focus for less than $400 a month I would rather suck that up and spend the $1600 I saved on 4 months of an $800 rental to buy mods for the car I'm getting.

Last edited by OAC_Sparky; 2/22/11 at 07:32 PM.
Old 2/22/11, 07:39 PM
Bullitt Member

One person had said that the 2012 start of production date was the 7th/8th of February. If Hawkeye's order was at all accurate, then that date should not be far off from reality. If the OKTB has indeed not been given yet, then that must mean that either they have been weeks making cars making a lot of mistakes, or that there is some engineering problem they have not fixed yet (possibly the transmission?). Is it normal for the OKTB to take this long, and if not have you heard which is the problem why. If they are fixing the transmission problems, it is probably worth waiting an extra month to wait for the car.

If I do not get my car soon, then I will have to buy so many mods that my wife will kill me.
Old 2/22/11, 07:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Your correct order has a Priority 2. It'll be serialized before (pretty much) anyone else in the zone.

Unfortunately you made some rash decisions and that sucks; I'm trying to be straight up and not facetious when I say that it's unfortunate that you're researching after the fact and even if your previous salesman had ordered correctly that nothing would be different at this point; ALL new models are held until OKTB this isn't a Mustang-exclusive condition.

Were I you I would push my dealer to work on an alternate means of transportation that is more reasonably priced. Yes, you are used to driving Mustangs but if you can lease a Focus for less than $400 a month I would rather suck that up and spend the $1600 I saved on 4 months of an $800 rental to buy mods for the car I'm getting.

Yeah, I know I really need to do that. It's such a waste of money!
The salesman said that it would be 4-6 weeks at the most... I shouldn't have believed anything he said... Lesson learned.

Quick Reply: When will Ford give the OK TO BUY? Any idea? Have they started on customer orders?