Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

When people cut the lawn next to your car do you want to choke them?

Search this Thread

Old 8/30/13, 06:38 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i had to go talk with apartment mangment to understand the grass cutting schedule... during those time i keep the car away from grass as much as possible... still those heavy blowers tend to land all the dust on my stang... its funny how never cared camry looks better than my ride
Old 8/30/13, 07:13 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have very limited time to detail my vehicles and every **** time I start detailing one, my retired neighbor comes out on his riding mower..

Normally this wouldn't be an issue sense there are six 15' Holly trees on the line between his yard and my yard/driveway.. but he insists on cutting the 4' patch of grass (on my property) between his trees and my driveway, even if I've already cut it! We've talked several times about it and all that has accomplished is that he now points the discharge towards the trees instead of me. (-.-)

This has been going on for 5+ yrs now...
Old 8/30/13, 07:20 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
The curse of living in a place with no garage. It's even worse living in an apartment complex. Trust me, I've lived in them all before I finally bought a house with a garage.

The only thing you can do is watch your car like a child. The second you hear a mower start up, fly out the door and move your car!
Old 8/30/13, 07:32 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^ looks like you both are coming out when the weather is good...
Old 8/30/13, 07:41 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by shiazv@gmail.com
^ looks like you both are coming out when the weather is good...
Nah, he's retired so he has all day, everyday to do it.. and always comes out about 15-30 minutes after I start. I've even seen him come out to mow when he has mowed 2 days prior.

I have a two car garage, but it's way too small to detail in with both Mustang's in it.
Old 8/30/13, 08:06 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm one of the tools that blows his clippings into the street, but in my defense I live on a dirt road. I also make sure cars are not coming each pass I take so as not to blow anything into the road when a car is driving by.
Old 8/30/13, 08:57 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 69Mach1-409
I have very limited time to detail my vehicles and every **** time I start detailing one, my retired neighbor comes out on his riding mower..

Normally this wouldn't be an issue sense there are six 15' Holly trees on the line between his yard and my yard/driveway.. but he insists on cutting the 4' patch of grass (on my property) between his trees and my driveway, even if I've already cut it! We've talked several times about it and all that has accomplished is that he now points the discharge towards the trees instead of me. (-.-)

This has been going on for 5+ yrs now...
I would put up a nice stylish barricade that is unfriendly to riding mowers to prevent his incursions. My brother had the same issue with a neighbor and the solution was fence posts on his side of the property line to narrow the gap.
Old 8/30/13, 09:02 AM
Cobra Member

I was thinking about that or some of the solar driveway lights.

Might not matter anymore though as we're probably moving soon. She finished her PhD and finally got a career job, but it's a long commute. She drives about an hour past where I work. So, we need to go some where in between and want more land with a much bigger garage.
Old 8/30/13, 11:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts
Originally Posted by dmichaels

Maybe go meet the neighbor and ask them to shoot you a text when they are going to mow their lawn? !
This and or get a car cover.
Old 8/30/13, 12:09 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jdub2k5
so let me get this straight....

you spent all this money on your car and park it outside?

then complain because its dirty?

how about buying a used stang and buying a garage?

sorry dude but really thats not even a rant just whining ... get a car cover or something
I am whining dammit!! But seriously, I don't have a garage and instead of playing musical cars I leave it on the street. I do have a very nice fitted cover but taking it off and putting it on everyday lasted about a week. I'm actually pretty good about keeping an eye on it, this time I lost the battle.
Old 8/30/13, 12:17 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Xtian85
Attachment 144674

Attachment 144675

Here is what happened to me last mo. With a riding lawn mower. Taking this pos to small claims.
Holy shnikes!! How did you retain your composure enough to not inflict bodily harm on that idiot. Is there anyway to put that through his insurance? If not, I guess do what you've already done and file through your comprehensive/collision and sue his ***.
Old 8/30/13, 12:19 PM
Bullitt Member

I take pride in my car but I have realized its just a car and dents and dings will happen.

I drive a 1500 dollar piece of junk when the weather is bad or I have to park outside.

when I lived in an apartment I used to store my nice cars in a storage unit and just drive 2-3 blocks and go get it.
Old 8/30/13, 12:19 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by =HYPERDRIVE=
When I cut grass in front of my house, I always take a good look for upcoming cars in my direction. if I see a nice car muscle/classic/exotic etc. Heading in my direction, I always shot down the lawnmower to let them pass. Maybe even put my hand up as a gesture so they might see me And maybe realize and give some respect.
Good man!! When I see that kind of respect it really makes me appreciate that there are good considerate people out there still.
Old 8/30/13, 12:36 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 69Mach1-409
I was thinking about that or some of the solar driveway lights.

Might not matter anymore though as we're probably moving soon. She finished her PhD and finally got a career job, but it's a long commute. She drives about an hour past where I work. So, we need to go some where in between and want more land with a much bigger garage.
Solar driveway lights will do the trick. I have a similar neighbor on the side of me. You know the kind, 50, lived with his parents until they died, then took the house. Doesn't work due to a "disability", yet cuts his lawn 3 times a week and is nothing but a nousance putzing around outside all **** day. Everytime I leave my house he wants to talk about nothing and holds me up for 20+ minutes. I actually run out to my car when he's out there and hop in before he sees me.

Last edited by wilson68944; 8/30/13 at 12:37 PM.
Old 8/30/13, 01:29 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by Xtian85
Attachment 144674

Attachment 144675

Here is what happened to me last mo. With a riding lawn mower. Taking this pos to small claims.

Holy hell! How did that happen?!?!
Old 8/30/13, 04:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
If I didn't have a garage, I don't think I would own a nice car.
Old 8/30/13, 04:27 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by GRN 5OH
If I didn't have a garage, I don't think I would own a nice car.

You crazy, son!
Old 8/30/13, 08:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You guys make me glad that I own enough property that my neighbors can't get close enough to me to cause me any problems... other than throwing all the roadkill animals over on to MY side of the road.
Old 8/30/13, 10:19 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
This is why my cars never leave the garage
Old 8/30/13, 10:23 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by Mickstang
You guys make me glad that I own enough property that my neighbors can't get close enough to me to cause me any problems... other than throwing all the roadkill animals over on to MY side of the road.
Same here, I don't have to worry about neighbors. But it does seem that every time I get one of the Mustangs out for a ride in the warm months, some a-hole is mowing his yard or bank and throwing it toward the road (and around here that means slinging rocks) or is running a weed eater slinging rocks and **** as I pass. I move over into the other lane as far as possible and stand on it to get by ASAP.

When I'm mowing next to the road, I always stop when I see a car coming (any car, even a piece of ****) just out of common courtesy.

Quick Reply: When people cut the lawn next to your car do you want to choke them?