The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2010-2014 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/)
-   -   When people cut the lawn next to your car do you want to choke them? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/when-people-cut-lawn-next-your-car-do-you-want-choke-them-524676/)

wilson68944 8/29/13 06:08 PM

When people cut the lawn next to your car do you want to choke them?

I want to rant briefly, and I know others will connect with this. I have to park my car on the street most of the time. When I come out and some clown has cut his lawn, but more specifically uses a weed-whacker to edge it on the curb next to my car, I think of the different ways I could disfigure that person. Now I have to go clean the grass off my car and hope no stones were kicked up against the paint! Bye, guys!

dmichaels 8/29/13 06:13 PM

Should they not cut their lawn because a car is parked there? I understand your frustration with trying to keep the car clean and free of knicks, but its not like someone would not mow their lawn based on someone else's car being parked nearby...

Maybe go meet the neighbor and ask them to shoot you a text when they are going to mow their lawn? Probably easier than being pissed every time they mow!

mikerob 8/29/13 06:17 PM

It's defiantly rude, but i'll play devils advocate. If the neighbor owned a nice car and detailed the hell out of it he would know better. A lot of folks just don't respect cars like that. That being said I don't like when folks cut grass and blow it in any direction other than their own lawn! Don't even get me started on neighbor hood kids that play up and down the street....

wilson68944 8/29/13 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by dmichaels (Post 6680346)
Should they not cut their lawn because a car is parked there? I understand your frustration with trying to keep the car clean and free of knicks, but its not like someone would not mow their lawn based on someone else's car being parked nearby...

Maybe go meet the neighbor and ask them to shoot you a text when they are going to mow their lawn? Probably easier than being pissed every time they mow!

You make a valid point. I guess I would counter with maybe foregoing the weed-whack edging next to the curb for that one time? I'd feel uncomfortable edging right next to a car especially a new car. I won't for a minute say I would not cut the grass though.

The Breeze 8/29/13 06:50 PM

Yeah I know ya feel. I had just bought a brand new bike still had the paper plate on it and went to a friends house. I was visiting when I heard the mower go by next door after a lap I thought I had better move my bike even though I was 30ft from the neighbors property line. Sure enough he was blasting it in my direction and had already damaged my tail side plastic. I spoke to him but nothing came of it.
I live in the country and also LOVE having people mow blowing it towards the road as I travel by :mad:

wilson68944 8/29/13 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by mikerob (Post 6680348)
It's defiantly rude, but i'll play devils advocate. If the neighbor owned a nice car and detailed the hell out of it he would know better. A lot of folks just don't respect cars like that. That being said I don't like when folks cut grass and blow it in any direction other than their own lawn! Don't even get me started on neighbor hood kids that play up and down the street....

Mikerob, I KNOW!!! I feel the same about people blowing the grass onto the street or anywhere else besides back onto their own lawn. Common logic dictates to blow the grass on top of your lawn. How about when people snow-blow their sidewalk and aim the chute towards the street rather than back onto their snowy lawn. That's always my personal favorite moron. It follows the same logic as blowing your loose grass onto your grass.

Moustang 8/29/13 06:53 PM

I park my car in my garage, but when I mow the lawn I move my car to the end of the street because I have to move it to get the mower out, and I have to leave the garage door open to get to everything.

I always keep one eye on the neighbor whose house I park in front of to make sure they don't start mowing their yard before I move it back home.

wilson68944 8/29/13 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Moustang (Post 6680382)
I park my car in my garage, but when I mow the lawn I move my car to the end of the street because I have to move it to get the mower out, and I have to leave the garage door open to get to everything.

I always keep one eye on the neighbor whose house I park in front of to make sure they don't start mowing their yard before I move it back home.

Haha We think alike. I do the same thing. Move it when I or my neighbor cuts the lawn and try to make sure the guy whose house I parked in front of doesn't come out and cut his lawn. The lawnmower is like a call in the wild. When one fires it up it alerts the rest of the herd to join in the ritual of grass cutting.

Funny you should mention that because that's actually what happened. My neighbor cut his lawn earlier, I moved it across the street. Went out and came back to find my neighbors grass guy finishing up where my car was parked.

Moustang 8/29/13 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by wilson68944 (Post 6680388)
The lawnmower is like a call in the wild. When one fires it up it alerts the rest of the herd to join in the ritual of grass cutting.

It's the Briggs and Stratton mating call. It's like a big bull elk bugling to call in the herd.

wilson68944 8/29/13 07:29 PM

:rofl2::agree:

Originally Posted by Moustang (Post 6680395)
It's the Briggs and Stratton mating call. It's like a big bull elk bugling to call in the herd.

ScottV 8/29/13 08:17 PM

On my last car practically every stone chip i had on the sides was caused by either a string trimmer or some guy on a tractor mowing the edge of his lawn and kicking stones up all over the place and this was when I was unlucky enough to be driving past them - not parked. Today I came home and some nut had mowed his grass over half the road - wet grass is almost as bad as driving on ice.

Scott

jdub2k5 8/30/13 01:20 AM

so let me get this straight....

you spent all this money on your car and park it outside?

then complain because its dirty?

how about buying a used stang and buying a garage?

sorry dude but really thats not even a rant just whining ... get a car cover or something

Flagstang 8/30/13 01:24 AM

I think its a good thing people take care of lawns and yards. Would you rather live in a place where they have ugly over grown lawns?

sclv12 8/30/13 02:37 AM

Move to desert you won't have to deal with neighbors cutting lawn and as a bonus you won't have to worry about snow either.

Flagstang 8/30/13 03:26 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by sclv12 (Post 6680526)
Move to desert you won't have to deal with neighbors cutting lawn and as a bonus you won't have to worry about snow either.

You are half right

Attachment 197107

AlsCobra 8/30/13 04:18 AM

I would definitely pull the guard off my edger if a focus was parked in front of my house. :heh:

Xtian85 8/30/13 05:30 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 144674

Attachment 144675

Here is what happened to me last mo. With a riding lawn mower. Taking this pos to small claims.

punishermustang 8/30/13 05:56 AM

City paved alley next to where I live and while they were prepping the asphalt they swept the dust from the concrete they just grinded down to even the road out and they pointed there brooms right at the cars in my parking area... my fiancées car was dusty but my black paint was grey/brown from all the dirt and dust sticking to it... pissed me off but night before I decided not to clay bar and wax the car so at least didn't waste a bunch of my time :P

=HYPERDRIVE= 8/30/13 06:15 AM

When I cut grass in front of my house, I always take a good look for upcoming cars in my direction. if I see a nice car muscle/classic/exotic etc. Heading in my direction, I always shot down the lawnmower to let them pass. Maybe even put my hand up as a gesture so they might see me And maybe realize and give some respect.

LCC 8/30/13 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by =HYPERDRIVE= (Post 6680567)
When I cut grass in front of my house, I always take a good look for upcoming cars in my direction. if I see a nice car muscle/classic/exotic etc. Heading in my direction, I always shot down the lawnmower to let them pass. Maybe even put my hand up as a gesture so they might see me And maybe realize and give some respect.

This..:nice: I did the same when I lived in the hood.. Had to move out to the country to get more room and avoid all this neighbour stuff. I won't tell you guys how much better it is out of a subdivision..

Now when I go back, I'm starting to see some guys stop mowing and wave, not many..