2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Wheel opinion

Old 3/16/17, 04:40 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I've got a ton of various other angles and such if there is anything specific you want let me know and I'll see what I've got.
Thanks, but what you sent works just fine.
Attached Thumbnails Wheel opinion-black-gt500-copy.jpg  
Old 3/20/17, 09:58 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Style? Yes. I think it's a great look for the S197.

I looked at those SVT wheels as a possibility on m GT...but aside from cost, what swayed me to the RTR wheels was the extra (negative) offset that pushes the wheels out just enough to make the car look much more athletic without looking like a mouth-breathing hellaflush moron.

So...if that's a style that you like, I'd urge you to check out the RTRs as well.

I got mine in the original Charcoal/matte finish but they're available in silver too...
Attached Thumbnails Wheel opinion-1-mustang-summer.jpg  
Old 3/20/17, 03:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by MRGTX
Style? Yes. I think it's a great look for the S197.

I looked at those SVT wheels as a possibility on m GT...but aside from cost, what swayed me to the RTR wheels was the extra (negative) offset that pushes the wheels out just enough to make the car look much more athletic without looking like a mouth-breathing hellaflush moron.

So...if that's a style that you like, I'd urge you to check out the RTRs as well.

I got mine in the original Charcoal/matte finish but they're available in silver too...
I agree with this completely. But I also know Tom prefers OEM stuff...
Old 3/21/17, 06:07 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
I totally get the preference for OEM. Typically, that's always my first choice too...it was my primary reason for going with the Boss 302 goodies and I'm happy with the results.

That said, you could make the case that the RTR wheels are OEM. Yeah, it's a stretch but brand new Mustangs, available through Ford dealerships did come with those wheels.
Old 3/21/17, 07:36 AM
FR500 Member

Yes, and for no other reason than that's what I like. I do have some after market stuff....Airaid CAI, springs, shift ****. But my current wheels are Boss 302s', GT500 axlebacks, and a GT500 spoiler (OEM style anyway).

Next week I have an appointment with my accountant to review my taxes....the wheel decision hinges on that. I also need a new driveway and some other house repairs, but I'd like to think that wheels are the numero uno priority.
Old 3/21/17, 12:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
Yes, and for no other reason than that's what I like. I do have some after market stuff....Airaid CAI, springs, shift ****. But my current wheels are Boss 302s', GT500 axlebacks, and a GT500 spoiler (OEM style anyway).

Next week I have an appointment with my accountant to review my taxes....the wheel decision hinges on that. I also need a new driveway and some other house repairs, but I'd like to think that wheels are the numero uno priority.
I totally get it. Even if I do aftermarket stuff, I prefer that it *looks* like it could've come stock. OEModified is how I roll. And I thought you already got a new driveway last year??
Old 3/21/17, 02:37 PM
FR500 Member

I totally get it. Even if I do aftermarket stuff, I prefer that it *looks* like it could've come stock. OEModified is how I roll. And I thought you already got a new driveway last year??
In 2015 the sidewalk between the apron entry and driveway lifted because of the severe cold we had that winter. I only had the apron and sidewalk done so I could take the Mustang out. The driveway itself is usable but in pretty bad shape and I've been wanting widen it. I might be able to get another year out of it but I'd rather not wait. We'll see what the IRS has to say next week.
Old 3/21/17, 03:49 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
The IRS just cashed the $4800 check I mailed them, so they have some extra cash lying around.
Old 3/21/17, 05:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 144 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally Posted by SpectreH
The IRS just cashed the $4800 check I mailed them, so they have some extra cash lying around.
Ouch, that sucked to write that check!

Search this Thread