Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What is your Favorite Feature of your 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 8/8/10, 03:04 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What is your Favorite Feature of your 5.0

When I was first interested in getting the 2011 5.0 it was all about the HP. But the more I have the car, the more I'm confused about what I like best. The motor is awesome and for some reason I really like the fact that it's not nearly as loud as my 05 with slp loud mouths. Much more subtle kind of **** kicker.

But, now the Transmission and the tight little short throw shifter are a freakin' blast. I love rowing the gears.

Don't get me started on the brembo package. The handling is amazing and the stopping power is epic. I have never had a car that I brag to my friends about how quickly it can slow down!

Then there is the electronics package, what a blast that is to use. I listen to music in my car now more than ever. The voice recognition is amazing. I'm still figuring out the different features and it makes it very hard to drive any car that doesn't have it. I'm spoiled by the thing.

When I first saw the 2010 mustang at the LA Auto Show before it even came out I thought it was amazing. Hated the rear treatment, but loved everything else. HELL now I love the rear treatment. I LOVE THIS CAR!

What is your favorite part/feature.
Old 8/8/10, 03:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 5.0 badge on the fender, it brings back nostalgia and some well deserved respect. 'nough said. The car as a whole i would say.
Old 8/8/10, 03:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Head Turner Package (Option: P5.0)

Some days I feel like I left my laptop bag on the roof with the amount of looks the car gets.
Old 8/8/10, 03:56 PM
GT Member

The Gas Pedal, is my favorite option! Lol Ronn
Old 8/8/10, 05:22 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by eric n
Don't get me started on the brembo package. The handling is amazing and the stopping power is epic. I have never had a car that I brag to my friends about how quickly it can slow down!
FYI the stopping "power" is nearly the same with and without the brembo package. The brembo brakes shine if you are repeatedly braking hard as they won't be as prone to fade.
Old 8/8/10, 06:04 PM
GT Member

When I was first interested in getting the 2011 5.0 it was all about the HP. But the more I have the car, the more I'm confused about what I like best. The motor is awesome and for some reason I really like the fact that it's not nearly as loud as my 05 with slp loud mouths. Much more subtle kind of **** kicker.

But, now the Transmission and the tight little short throw shifter are a freakin' blast. I love rowing the gears.

Then there is the electronics package, what a blast that is to use. I listen to music in my car now more than ever. The voice recognition is amazing. I'm still figuring out the different features and it makes it very hard to drive any car that doesn't have it. I'm spoiled by the thing.

When I first saw the 2010 mustang at the LA Auto Show before it even came out I thought it was amazing. Hated the rear treatment, but loved everything else. HELL now I love the rear treatment. I LOVE THIS CAR!

What is your favorite part/feature.
Brakes dont stop you, tires do. Bigger brakes just prevent overheating.
Old 8/8/10, 06:05 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

I like the new suspension, and how's there's hardly any body leaning on corners.

I love the engine and the torque that is a lot more even across the RPM band then my 08 GT was.

The sound system sounds a lot better as well. I like having the USB with a thumb drive.

The quality is also a lot better then it was. The other day I was climbing into my car and I felt like I was climbing into a BMW or some other high end car!

Last edited by Falchion; 8/8/10 at 06:16 PM.
Old 8/8/10, 08:15 PM
Cobra R Member

Without any doubt it's the aluminum ball shifter that came with my 401A interior for the MT82 trans. That one items gets the most positive comments from people who actually look the car over.

That and I also like the sound it makes ever time I start it up. That never gets old. The stock exhaust has a great deep tone, but just needs more volume. And I hope to improve on it soon.
Old 8/8/10, 08:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

I dont know about the Brembo Package as I dont have it. But really no particular feature stands out.

5.0, M6, 3.55, 18" Wheel, 235 AS Pirelli, Standard 13.2" Dual-Piston Front Brakes, Standard Suspension.

Its not overpowered or underpowered. Its not overgeared or undergeared. The tire do pretty much everything well.
The brakes are neither overly sensitive nor prone to fade in street use. The suspension is neither overly stiff or overly soft.

My favorite drives are old deserted county roads in farm country of patched, frost heaved chip seal. Generally 1/4 mile straights interspersed with 90 degree bends with a few lesser bends thrown in. Site lines are excellent with very few houses. In order to protect the guilty Im not going to mention any speeds.... I think the cops would have to use GPS to even locate some of these roads. Ive never seen one on them.

The one thing that stands out on these drives is how much of a piece the car is. Its the total combination.
Old 8/8/10, 08:43 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Ducky
Brakes dont stop you, tires do.
Oh really?
Old 8/8/10, 09:15 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Adam2004
FYI the stopping "power" is nearly the same with and without the brembo package. The brembo brakes shine if you are repeatedly braking hard as they won't be as prone to fade.

It is my understanding that the upgraded p zeros cause the stopping power to be significantly improved. I do understand that the lack of fade with repeated stops is the main feature of the brembos, ergo my use of brembo package and not just brembos.

Either way the stopping power seems dramatically superior to my 05 gt.
Old 8/8/10, 10:12 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The color and that 5.0 badge. Oh and everything else
Old 8/9/10, 07:06 AM
GT Member

I just found out yesterday that I can play Pandora from my iphone on my radio via bluetooth.
Old 8/9/10, 07:20 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by chrisheltra
I just found out yesterday that I can play Pandora from my iphone on my radio via bluetooth.
That's outstanding, I have to try that. I wonder if slacker works also.
Old 8/9/10, 07:31 AM
V6 Member

Best feature? Can't see the rear-end while driving.

Oh, and those little windows in the side-view mirrors.

Cheers.
Old 8/9/10, 12:48 PM
GT Member

That's outstanding, I have to try that. I wonder if slacker works also.
I dont see why not.
Old 8/9/10, 01:20 PM
GT Member

Cup Holders
Old 8/9/10, 02:12 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by RedWings
Head Turner Package (Option: P5.0)

Some days I feel like I left my laptop bag on the roof with the amount of looks the car gets.
+1

What's up w/ this car? We're in-line waiting for the red light, another Mustang stops w/ two car lengths open in front of him so he could talk to me about my car.

The problem is I don't like people, so how do I make it stop?
Old 8/9/10, 02:19 PM
GT Member

Oddly enough... I LOVE the stupid combo side mirrors with the blind spot mirror!

I know, I know... It's an absurd thing to like about the car, but those little mirrors are awesome! You can no see the house moms riding in your blind spot!
Old 8/9/10, 02:21 PM

Besides the drive---the gadget I like most is that nifty camera screen in the rear-view mirror. What a clever place for the screen. Is it up there on the nav-equipped cars, too?

I also am amazed by how quiet the highway cruise is on this car. I came from an Infiniti G35 sedan and this car has MUCH less road noise than the "luxury" car I had. Don't get me wrong, love Infiniti's---but this car proves you can combine a throaty V-8, performance tires, and a low-slung car with a quiet ride.

Quick Reply: What is your Favorite Feature of your 5.0