Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:
View Poll Results: What do you want to see?
Lincoln Mustang with IRS
28.77%
Cougar
71.23%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

What would you rather see?

Search this Thread

Old 7/7/06, 09:46 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IRS = weak.

If you want a comfy ride buy a lincoln.
Old 7/7/06, 10:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

I vote Lincoln. If Lincoln could do as well with a car like the Fusion-Zephyr, then the Mustang would hopefully turn out great, and I wonder if people are starting to get tired of the whole "retro" scene.

Also, Mercury has changed their market direction, and Lincoln has really taken most of their market IMO.
Old 7/10/06, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Mustangfreak
IRS = weak.

If you want a comfy ride buy a lincoln.
Not if properly engineered, like any other drive train component. Any number of Vette, Viper and other hi-po performance cars will attest to that.

And the idea that the only benefit of an IRS that people want is for a comfy ride is such a fallacy. Rather, what we're interested in is leach-like cornering grip on all manner of real world roads and a firm yet resilient suspension -- not plush and soft -- that won't get thrown by the first mid-corner bump like a lively axle.
Old 7/20/06, 12:10 PM
Cobra Member

As cool as a rwd V8 Cougar might sound, I think Ford/Mercury would be better off creating something very different then the Mustang.
Maybe something quick & spunky, with a modern design and a SC V6. With a Convertible or T-Top option. Maybe AWD?

Another direction they could go, is to create a mid-sized Cougar with a Bold design, RWD or AWD and an optional V8 (4.6L or 5.4L).
A car around the same size as the Cougar and Thunderbird's of the 1980's-1990's.