Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Went to order my 11 GT and I backed out!

Search this Thread

Old 5/31/10, 02:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went to order my 11 GT and I backed out!

I don't know but I was feeling incredibly nervous. I never have spent this much on a car before. Tax, title license is right under $37k for a GT premium with 401A, Brembo, 3.73's, Comfort, and Security packages.

That's without the $750 off coupon. Am I crazy for not going ahead and ordering it? I want the car but it's really making me nervous spending that much money. I think I need a pep talk!
Old 5/31/10, 02:22 PM
Cobra R Member

do you want it and can you afford it comfortabley. if yes to both, then get it
Old 5/31/10, 02:24 PM
GT Member

Can you afford it? I mean REALLY afford it - not just have enough money left over after other bills to make the payment? If not, then I suggest being patient. Towards the end of the year, I'm sure deals on 2011's will get better.

If you CAN afford it....well....only you can make that choice.
Old 5/31/10, 02:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Well the msrp was scaring me too, but there are a LOT of options to pay much less than msrp. Look around and talk to the sales guys on here...
Old 5/31/10, 02:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by csledd
I don't know but I was feeling incredibly nervous. I never have spent this much on a car before. Tax, title license is right under $37k for a GT premium with 401A, Brembo, 3.73's, Comfort, and Security packages.

That's without the $750 off coupon. Am I crazy for not going ahead and ordering it? I want the car but it's really making me nervous spending that much money. I think I need a pep talk!

Better to put it off than have buyers remorse. Put the monthly payment away for six months and see how you are really doing with paying your bills. By then the hype will be over and you may get a better deal. Once you buy it and can't afford it, YOU ARE SCREWED!
Old 5/31/10, 02:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

I can afford it, that's not the issue. My fiance doesn't agree with the purchase but is okay with it so I think that is making it a little more difficult in making my decision.

Last edited by csledd; 5/31/10 at 02:55 PM.
Old 5/31/10, 03:09 PM
GT Member

I can afford it, that's not the issue. My fiance doesn't agree with the purchase but is okay with it so I think that is making it a little more difficult in making my decision.
Hahaha. If the fiance doesn't agree, but tells you its okay, then its really not okay. Might as well learn that lesson before you get married
Old 5/31/10, 03:09 PM
Bullitt Member

im the same way. i Could afford it. however im just not comfortable spending that kind of dough on something i know will decreciate like a rock in the first year. better off waiting to get a low milage used one in a year or so.

plus by then we will know what some of the problems are going to be with the car....and there always are a few.
Old 5/31/10, 03:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

One other thing is that I am unsure of the continuation of the $500 rebate from Ford. It expires tomorrow and they don't know if it will continue or not. The discounts help me justify the purchase a little more :\
Old 5/31/10, 03:41 PM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
I only order a car i really want, and with every single option i want. Its a lot cheaper to get all the options when the car is being built than it is adding them later. You need to be sure about 'everything' because you are the one who has to live with your decision.
Old 5/31/10, 03:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ScottH
Hahaha. If the fiance doesn't agree, but tells you its okay, then its really not okay. Might as well learn that lesson before you get married
Ahh, but if your spending 37,000 on the wedding its perfectly ok to her.. then no expense is too great..

37k on a party that lasts a few hours.. you will be too tired to enjoy, and you will either be too drunk or forget 90% of it..

or 37k on something that you can use everyday.

been there done that..
and now 12 years later im happily divorced..
Old 5/31/10, 04:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Don't feel bad. I got to build a $$$ garage $$$ now to put the car in.
Old 5/31/10, 04:08 PM
Bullitt Member

It's a two-step process.

1) Ditch the fiance.

2) Buy the 2011 Mustang just how you want it.
Old 5/31/10, 04:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by pony racer
Ahh, but if your spending 37,000 on the wedding its perfectly ok to her.. then no expense is too great..

37k on a party that lasts a few hours.. you will be too tired to enjoy, and you will either be too drunk or forget 90% of it..

or 37k on something that you can use everyday.

been there done that..
and now 12 years later im happily divorced..
Haha.. actually I am the bride and I don't mind spending less money on the wedding to purchase the car!

I think I am going to do it, but maybe see if I can find a dealership giving me closer to invoice. My dealership price ended up being with X Plan but I think I can save like another 1.5k if I find someone to give me invoice :\
Old 5/31/10, 04:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Why were you going to buy it at MSRP? Ask for invoice.
Old 5/31/10, 04:14 PM
GT Member

A couple of thoughts --

* I first had the idea of getting a Mustang convertible about 4 years ago. I've been slowly saving money to do it (and also got a raise at work . . . )

* The bf was not so excited about spending so much cash (though he did like the idea of being in a convertible ) . . . We thought of something we BOTH wanted (a trip to Europe). The deal we made is that I'm getting the car (if it ever arrives . . .), and I'm also saving a bit each month.

By the time the Mustang is paid off, we'll have enough to make the trip.
Old 5/31/10, 04:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Haha.. actually I am the bride and I don't mind spending less money on the wedding to purchase the car!"
/sighs, knowing the man betrothed to this woman is a lucky one.
//Only get the car if you're comfortable with the whole thing. Nobody's holding a gun to your head saying "Buy it or else."
Old 5/31/10, 04:21 PM
Cobra R Member

My fiance doesn't agree with the purchase but is okay with it so I think that is making it a little more difficult in making my decision.
Haha.. actually I am the bride and I don't mind spending less money on the wedding to purchase the car!
at first i thought you where guy...in which case i was gonna say dont buy and **** off your bride to be...

but seeing as your the bride...buy buy buy lol
Old 5/31/10, 04:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by tom_vilsack
at first i thought you where guy...in which case i was gonna say dont buy and **** off your bride to be...

but seeing as your the bride...buy buy buy lol
haha! I think what is tripping me up is that 5 year car payment, it's a big commitment.
Old 5/31/10, 04:31 PM
Cobra R Member

haha! I think what is tripping me up is that 5 year car payment, it's a big commitment.
5 years isn't long at all. But if you're nervious, why not lease?

Quick Reply: Went to order my 11 GT and I backed out!