Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Well my 2012 GT Showed Up But....

Search this Thread

Old 3/12/11, 12:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well my 2012 GT Showed Up But....

I got a call yesterday that the 2012 GT I ordered showed up. I went over to check it out today and walked away disappointed. The car inside was a mess. There was sticky stuff splashed all over the seats. It looked like someone was dancing around in the mud prior to getting into the car. The drivers side carpet was brown and the drivers door had dirt streaks all over it.

Now I know the dealer didn't have time to clean it up much because it had just came off the truck late yesterday afternoon. However, with all the issues I had with my 2010 GT500 this isn't a good start. With that said the car did drive great. The selectable steering effort is pretty cool. I locked it into sport and it was money. I'll wait to see how well the car cleans up and take my body and paint guy over to examine the car with a fine tooth comb prior to buying the car.

Anyways here are some pics. I know it looks just like a 2011. LOL
Attached Thumbnails Well my 2012 GT Showed Up But....-exterior.jpg   Well my 2012 GT Showed Up But....-exterior2.jpg   Well my 2012 GT Showed Up But....-motor.jpg  
Old 3/12/11, 01:00 PM
Cobra R Member

Smart way to go about it. Hope it turns out for the best.
Old 3/12/11, 02:41 PM
GT Member

Looks good and wish I had that problem right now.
Old 3/12/11, 02:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey, that looks familiar! Nice ride!
Old 3/12/11, 04:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by hawkeye18
Hey, that looks familiar! Nice ride!
Thanks, if I do buy it the car won't look like this for long!
Old 3/12/11, 07:06 PM
Bullitt Member

hopefully the stang cleans up well
Old 3/12/11, 07:43 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks great!
Old 3/12/11, 11:23 PM
Bullitt Member

After waiting so long, my dealership had better hope that someone does not put mud and sticky stuff all over the driver's side floor and seat. That is what plastic coverings are made for. I would be POd. I am not going to want to wait 5 months for a car that has mud stains it it before I take delivery. I hope they get it cleaned up well for you. I know that I would be livid. The rest does look great though.
Old 3/13/11, 07:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'm not putting the condition of the car on the dealer at the moment. I'm just concerned about what I saw on the hood and the mess on the inside. If the hood can be addressed without any painting then I'm fine with that. However, if it's just a cover up that goes way when the wax does than I'm not interested. I take really good care of my cars and plan to do the same with this GT. I still need to sell my SHO though and right now I'm not even close with the dealer on it's value. It's loaded with 12,000 miles and I'm getting low balled at $29k when I know they can get $33-34 out of it.

Last edited by bpmurr; 3/13/11 at 07:18 PM.
Old 3/14/11, 01:47 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I would buy ur sho for 30
Old 3/14/11, 09:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

Can we just delete this crap out of my thread?
Old 3/14/11, 09:32 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by bpmurr
Can we just delete this crap out of my thread?
Old 3/14/11, 09:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
I'm not putting the condition of the car on the dealer at the moment. I'm just concerned about what I saw on the hood and the mess on the inside. If the hood can be addressed without any painting then I'm fine with that. However, if it's just a cover up that goes way when the wax does than I'm not interested. I take really good care of my cars and plan to do the same with this GT. I still need to sell my SHO though and right now I'm not even close with the dealer on it's value. It's loaded with 12,000 miles and I'm getting low balled at $29k when I know they can get $33-34 out of it.
The dealerships always come in 3 or 4 k less than retail value on trades. Have you tried selling it yourself? I hope they get your new one cleaned up to your satisfaction.
Old 3/14/11, 09:38 AM
FR500 Member

Dang, I hate when stuff suddenly goes ballistic like that. Such a waste.
Old 3/14/11, 10:06 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I know this may not help and I am unsure how taxes work in your area but in Texas with your trade in at 29k, plus the tax savings can be instantly over $2k in total trade in savings as you'd be paying only taxes on a certain amount of the car, after trade in. So lets say the GT was 40k and you traded in at 29k, your buying 11k, and taxes are below 1k, an overall savings over taxes on a 40k car of about 2k, making your trade in effectively worth around 31k.

Just kind of a scenario I got here when I traded in. Dealers will always low ball. They low balled my old Accord and wanted to give me nothing for the car like it was a pain that they were taking the car off my hands. They then sold the car 3 days later. When I told them that they would be able to turn over 3.5k in profit for the car but that didn't matter to them.
Old 3/14/11, 10:31 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Automagically
I know this may not help and I am unsure how taxes work in your area but in Texas with your trade in at 29k, plus the tax savings can be instantly over $2k in total trade in savings as you'd be paying only taxes on a certain amount of the car, after trade in. So lets say the GT was 40k and you traded in at 29k, your buying 11k, and taxes are below 1k, an overall savings over taxes on a 40k car of about 2k, making your trade in effectively worth around 31k.

Just kind of a scenario I got here when I traded in. Dealers will always low ball. They low balled my old Accord and wanted to give me nothing for the car like it was a pain that they were taking the car off my hands. They then sold the car 3 days later. When I told them that they would be able to turn over 3.5k in profit for the car but that didn't matter to them.
And dealers know this and that's why they offer you 3-4 k less than what your cars worth. Figuring your getting it back from the taxes. Car salesman are the worst
Old 3/14/11, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Jza1736

And dealers know this and that's why they offer you 3-4 k less than what your cars worth. Figuring your getting it back from the taxes. Car salesman are the worst
They do get to make a profit on it as well. Otherwise they wouldn't offer you the option for a trade-in. You're paying for the convenience of not having to sell it yourself.
Old 3/14/11, 10:42 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Automagically

Is it the entire trade amount or just the difference vs what you owe on the existing car?
Old 3/14/11, 11:16 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Is it the entire trade amount or just the difference vs what you owe on the existing car?
When I traded in mine, the taxes were taken off of the entire trade in. Say I traded in my Accord for $6000 but owed $3000 on the car. The total amount taxable is still the buying amount less the 6000 then they put the $3000 back on to the total for payoff of the old loan.

When we were buying our 335, our sales guy broke it down to how he was going to do it. He said they take the price of their car, factor in the complete trade as if you don't owe anything on the car. Then that is the total price. Tax that price to get your final amount. Later when finance rolls around and says ok we are selling you a car at the agreed upon price of the BMW less the Accord (yea, we owned 2 accords, same model too, talk about beige) and we get this price. Now we will add the loan payoff price to the total, no more taxing just a total. I know I'm being verbose but I feel like I'm explaining this stupidly and there is an easier way to say it.

That's at least what they did for me. I suck at car buying sometimes though.

Last edited by Automagically; 3/14/11 at 11:27 AM.
Old 3/14/11, 11:19 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Jza1736
Yeah, unfortunately I was only getting about a $450 tax break. Blehh

I didn't blame the sales staff, it's their game as well as it is mine. I just wanted to get the most I could out of a perfectly good car.

Last edited by Automagically; 3/14/11 at 11:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Well my 2012 GT Showed Up But....