Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Well done Ford, well done

Search this Thread

Old 5/31/11, 09:08 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well done Ford, well done

So I'm going to post the very brief story surrounding my first real warranty claim with Ford for my 5.0.
I want to preface this with saying that before my 5.0 I was a Ford 'hater', not so much on not liking the company, but not liking my experiences with the cars, the follow up on warranties, etc. My parents had an old Taurus, and the thing was quite honestly, a piece of junk. When the 5.0 came out, I bought it purely for performance reasons, and I've honestly been scared ever since. I did the performance buy on a GM car, and that bit me in the ****.

Anyways, to the issue itself. My new 2011, that only had about 5 months of ownership under its belt started having some rust bubbling under the paint on the hood. (doing research it sounds like this is a common thing with older Mustangs as well). While looking at this, I also saw a slight imperfection from the stamping of the hood. (Honestly if it wasn't a black car, I probably wouldn't have noticed).
I made a post here, and also took it to a dealership, EXTREMELY hesitant that I would get the run around and could potentially be screwed. Deysha (Ford Customer Service) contacted me here, and also had a rep call me on my phone to make sure everything was going well. Dealership didn't even bat an eye and said they'd gladly take care of both issues (remember these are 100% 'finish' issues, many dealerships and car manufacturers say you're screwed here)). Had a loaner for the couple days they needed my car. Got it back and the car looks perfect again.

Well freaking done, assuming my mustang with almost 8k miles on it keeps like this...you may have a new customer.
Car before this was a BMW, and I absolutely loved their service. At this point Ford is on par with them. Again, way to go Ford.
Old 5/31/11, 09:34 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fantastic story.

Sounds like a great dealer. Where are you located and what dealer did you use so other members can possibly go there as well?
Old 5/31/11, 09:39 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad to hear it worked out!
Old 5/31/11, 09:45 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Fantastic.

Good on you for spreading the word. We're quick to bash a company when we get bad service... but its just as important that we praise them for good service.

Glad to hear they were so thorough and plesant about the whole ordeal. They did the right thing for you!

I too have had good experience with Ford warranty (replaced the Bbp wheels due to some pretty obvious paint flaws)...the replacement was rapid and painless.
Old 5/31/11, 10:17 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Freakazoid
So I'm going to post the very brief story surrounding my first real warranty claim with Ford for my 5.0.
I want to preface this with saying that before my 5.0 I was a Ford 'hater', not so much on not liking the company, but not liking my experiences with the cars, the follow up on warranties, etc. My parents had an old Taurus, and the thing was quite honestly, a piece of junk. When the 5.0 came out, I bought it purely for performance reasons, and I've honestly been scared ever since. I did the performance buy on a GM car, and that bit me in the ****.

Anyways, to the issue itself. My new 2011, that only had about 5 months of ownership under its belt started having some rust bubbling under the paint on the hood. (doing research it sounds like this is a common thing with older Mustangs as well). While looking at this, I also saw a slight imperfection from the stamping of the hood. (Honestly if it wasn't a black car, I probably wouldn't have noticed).
I made a post here, and also took it to a dealership, EXTREMELY hesitant that I would get the run around and could potentially be screwed. Deysha (Ford Customer Service) contacted me here, and also had a rep call me on my phone to make sure everything was going well. Dealership didn't even bat an eye and said they'd gladly take care of both issues (remember these are 100% 'finish' issues, many dealerships and car manufacturers say you're screwed here)). Had a loaner for the couple days they needed my car. Got it back and the car looks perfect again.

Well freaking done, assuming my mustang with almost 8k miles on it keeps like this...you may have a new customer.
Car before this was a BMW, and I absolutely loved their service. At this point Ford is on par with them. Again, way to go Ford.
Excellent! For Ford

I too had a real bad experiences with GM. I had an airbag deploy in my Pontiac G8 after hitting a pot hole. Took them about 3 1/2 months to get me one. A very long 3 1/2 months!
Old 5/31/11, 10:40 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by LEwis26
Fantastic story.

Sounds like a great dealer. Where are you located and what dealer did you use so other members can possibly go there as well?
Good point, wasn't sure if there were restrictions in this forum. But I live in Pittsburgh and this was Kenny Ross Ford.

No doubt I'll be taking it back there for any future work that may come up!
Old 5/31/11, 10:42 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Jza1736
Excellent! For Ford

I too had a real bad experiences with GM. I had an airbag deploy in my Pontiac G8 after hitting a pot hole. Took them about 3 1/2 months to get me one. A very long 3 1/2 months!

Exactly, the only GM I'll ever own at this point is going to be a vette. Had a 2006 GM and the build quality of it was horrible. Bought it with 3k miles and on the drive home it was already rattling.
Old 5/31/11, 11:00 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Jza1736

You must have shat yourself.
Old 5/31/11, 11:38 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Thank you for putting this info out there Freakazoid. I happy this was taken care of for you!

Deysha
Old 5/31/11, 12:12 PM

Wish there were more dealerships like that around.
Old 5/31/11, 04:10 PM
Cobra Member

Rare dealership. I wish that I was close to them. I wish they were all like that in the service department. It isn't just Ford. Take your pick. Most service departments are horrible. I've had numerous issues with service departments, Toyota, GM, and Ford. Unless it is a high end dealership, you are pretty much rolling the dice.
Old 5/31/11, 05:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Anyways, to the issue itself. My new 2011, that only had about 5 months of ownership under its belt started having some rust bubbling under the paint on the hood. (doing research it sounds like this is a common thing with older Mustangs as well).
I have a Silver 2000 V6 mustang and it has te paint poblem. On the hood (small spots of paint flaked off/not to bad) The roof (3 areas that ended up rusting)
Old 5/31/11, 06:13 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
Waits for jmatero to stop by and talk about his transmission.....

Old 5/31/11, 06:54 PM
Cobra R Member

Taking my 5.0 in tomorrow evening to leave it with my dealer all day thursday and if need be, Friday to resolve the clutch problem that popped up on my car suddenly last week after an initial 8500 miles of satisfactory service. I hope to have a similar good experience, fingers are crossed....
Old 5/31/11, 07:07 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's amazing what a dealership's service dept. can do for someone's attitude towards a brand. I'm a firm believer in finding a good dealer and sticking with it. Sounds like the OP did just that. Just a shame there aren't more good ones than bad.
Old 5/31/11, 07:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
It's amazing what a dealership's service dept. can do for someone's attitude towards a brand. I'm a firm believer in finding a good dealer and sticking with it. Sounds like the OP did just that. Just a shame there aren't more good ones than bad.
This is why I bought and service at my dealership. I have half a dozen Ford dealerships around me not one of them worth a ****. I drive 55 miles out of my way to Danbury CT. Every time I go my salesman gives me his Lincoln MKS to go joy riding in. Then when I get back he gives me a state of the union on Mustangs and Ford in general. Before I know it my car is done and waiting up front for me and the job is done right. I already told him when the lease is up on my fx35 he's has to get me into a ford or Lincoln crossover.
Old 6/1/11, 07:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Well if this is going to turn into a Positive Dealership/Service experience, I'd like to add: I had the same issue with my used 08 GT and the paint bubbles. But, unlike Freakazoid (great cartoon btw), my mustang was on the very edge of it's factory warranty. I mean... we're talking a matter of days depending on who you talked to. I was expecting to get the "sorry, but this car is out of warranty and you'll have to fork out the cost of the fix on your own"...

The Service Manager looked at it for all of 5 seconds and said it was covered and set me up much like how Freakazoid was handled. Even worked out a deal to paint a defect the previous owner had done to the hood in the same sitting with me covering the difference at a bit of a discount. Great dealership and have gotten my business repeatedly since and solidified my loyalty to the brand.

Dealership was Fred Beans of Boyertown PA.
Old 6/1/11, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Double-EDad
Taking my 5.0 in tomorrow evening to leave it with my dealer all day thursday and if need be, Friday to resolve the clutch problem that popped up on my car suddenly last week after an initial 8500 miles of satisfactory service. I hope to have a similar good experience, fingers are crossed....
Hi Eric,

Could you please message me with your dealer, mileage, VIN, and contact info so I can escalate this for you?

Deysha
Old 6/1/11, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Big Papi's Pony
This is why I bought and service at my dealership. I have half a dozen Ford dealerships around me not one of them worth a ****. I drive 55 miles out of my way to Danbury CT. Every time I go my salesman gives me his Lincoln MKS to go joy riding in. Then when I get back he gives me a state of the union on Mustangs and Ford in general. Before I know it my car is done and waiting up front for me and the job is done right. I already told him when the lease is up on my fx35 he's has to get me into a ford or Lincoln crossover.
Originally Posted by Rjaniz
Well if this is going to turn into a Positive Dealership/Service experience, I'd like to add: I had the same issue with my used 08 GT and the paint bubbles. But, unlike Freakazoid (great cartoon btw), my mustang was on the very edge of it's factory warranty. I mean... we're talking a matter of days depending on who you talked to. I was expecting to get the "sorry, but this car is out of warranty and you'll have to fork out the cost of the fix on your own"...

The Service Manager looked at it for all of 5 seconds and said it was covered and set me up much like how Freakazoid was handled. Even worked out a deal to paint a defect the previous owner had done to the hood in the same sitting with me covering the difference at a bit of a discount. Great dealership and have gotten my business repeatedly since and solidified my loyalty to the brand.

Dealership was Fred Beans of Boyertown PA.
This is awesome guys!! Thank you for the positive feedback!

Deysha
Old 6/1/11, 08:01 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2012GT
Rare dealership. I wish that I was close to them. I wish they were all like that in the service department. It isn't just Ford. Take your pick. Most service departments are horrible. I've had numerous issues with service departments, Toyota, GM, and Ford. Unless it is a high end dealership, you are pretty much rolling the dice.
Well that's what I find to be hilarious when people say you shouldn't leave a brand behind because of the dealerships.

I give a brand 2 dealership visits, if I'm still fighting over simple stuff, they start to lose a LOT of water in my book.

So far BMW and Ford seem to be good, dealerships make it or break it in my book. I do NOT care that there are issues with a car, **** happens. What i care about is that it is taken care of quickly, and it doesn't affect my life on any large scale.
Ford did well

Quick Reply: Well done Ford, well done