2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Warranty Infomation on a 2014 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 3/31/15 | 07:38 AM

Warranty Infomation on a 2014 Mustang

I have a factory Extended 6 yr 75000 mile warranty. Can I put a Cold Air intake on it without Voiding the warranty?
Old 3/31/15 | 08:36 AM
Bullitt Member

I was told yes, so I did. I was also told that axelbacks were okay, so I put those on as well. Anything that is a simple bolt-on is okay.
Old 3/31/15 | 08:44 AM
Cobra R Member

Aftermarket parts will only void the warranty of parts they directly affect.
Old 3/31/15 | 08:53 AM
Bullitt Member

I really want to do a tune, but I was told that the tuner would most likely void the warranty. If a problem occurred, they would most likely try and pin it on the tune. But I really want one!
Old 3/31/15 | 10:36 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by tony2014mustang
I was told yes, so I did. I was also told that axelbacks were okay, so I put those on as well. Anything that is a simple bolt-on is okay.
Originally Posted by Joeywhat
Aftermarket parts will only void the warranty of parts they directly affect.

Axlebacks connected to the catbacks, connected to the headers, connected to the engine.....the whole warrany is shot!

I really want to do a tune, but I was told that the tuner would most likely void the warranty. If a problem occurred, they would most likely try and pin it on the tune. But I really want one!

I tried real hard to wait and made it to about 12K miles. Picked up a Steeda CAI and SCT tuner for $200. Now at 33K and all is well.
Old 4/6/15 | 05:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Is that for real? I am @ 28K got a SCT tuner sitting by, still 1 button away from purchasing either steeda or bama and not sure if this does apply?

Does it really Void the warranty?
Old 4/6/15 | 05:42 PM
Bullitt Member

GBStang13,
I really think it depends on the dealership. I was just having new grilles put on last Thursday and I asked again about doing a tune to my car. I have dealt with the same guy there and he told me that if something were to go wrong engine wise, they would try and pin it on the tune. This is just what I was told.
Old 4/6/15 | 05:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GBStang13

Is that for real? I am @ 28K got a SCT tuner sitting by, still 1 button away from purchasing either steeda or bama and not sure if this does apply?

A tune will kill most of the warranty. Generally when a mod is made, the warranty will not cover any problem the dealership can blame on the mod. So a tune could be blamed for any problem that the engine it's self has. And most dealerships will try and blame problems on modifications even if the mod doesn't really influence a problem to try and get out of doing warranty work.
Old 4/6/15 | 06:06 PM
Bullitt Member

http://www.steeda.com/blog/2010/08/your-new-car-warranty-is-safe-with-steeda-parts/

"Under this act, aftermarket equipment that improves performance does not automatically void a vehicle manufacturer’s original warranty, unless the warranty clearly states the addition of aftermarket equipment automatically voids your vehicle’s warranty (which Ford Motor Company does not), or if it can be proven that the aftermarket device is the direct cause of the failure. In addition, Ford Motor Company or its dealer must prove that aftermarket equipment caused the need for repairs before it can deny warranty coverage. If the manufacturer or dealer cannot prove such a claim – or it proffers a questionable explanation – it is your legal right to demand compliance with the warranty under the Magnuson-Moss Act.

Complicated? It can be a real headache unless your car is enhanced with authentic Steeda performance parts and accessories. We are your guarantee of quality and compliance with the Ford new car warranty. As a matter of fact, there has NEVER been a failure of a Steeda performance part that has cause a new car warranty to be denied….proof of the quality we build into every performance part we sell."
Old 4/6/15 | 06:39 PM
Cobra Member

This is what Ford goes by when voiding your powertrain warranty.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
tsb11-07-07.pdf (1.67 MB, 163 views)
Old 4/6/15 | 07:06 PM
Bullitt Member

My car was sold new from the dealer with Boss 302 Mani, Steeda CAI and Steeda Tune. Was even offered extended warranty with it. Guess its dealer dependent.
Old 4/6/15 | 07:17 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by imeyers302
My car was sold new from the dealer with Boss 302 Mani, Steeda CAI and Steeda Tune. Was even offered extended warranty with it. Guess its dealer dependent.

Ford will not honor the warranty with an aftermarket tune. Good luck if
you have issues.
Old 4/6/15 | 08:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TheReaper
Ford will not honor the warranty with an aftermarket tune. Good luck if
you have issues.
Just a question. I tried to find it by searching google. Has anyone actually had a mustang warranty voided from a tune? I could not find it. Found a lot of talk about it but nobody who's warranty was actually voided. Also Steeda claims they have never had a warranty denied, Zero, not 1, because of use of their products. I assume I won't be the very first one.
Old 4/6/15 | 08:52 PM
Cobra Member

Just a question. I tried to find it by searching google. Has anyone actually had a mustang warranty voided from a tune? I could not find it. Found a lot of talk about it but nobody who's warranty was actually voided. Also Steeda claims they have never had a warranty denied, Zero, not 1, because of use of their products. I assume I won't be the very first one.
Search the #8 piston failure.
Old 4/6/15 | 09:25 PM
Bullitt Member

From what I understand that has not been an issue in years. Like I said I would like to see one post from someone who had their warranty denied because of a tune. I searched for an hour and can't find any. Just a ton of people talking about it.
Old 4/7/15 | 09:22 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Originally Posted by GBStang13

GBStang13,
I really think it depends on the dealership. I was just having new grilles put on last Thursday and I asked again about doing a tune to my car. I have dealt with the same guy there and he told me that if something were to go wrong engine wise, they would try and pin it on the tune. This is just what I was told.
Hey guys,

Aftermarket parts will not automatically void “all” of your warranties; however, if it causes a part to fail, that specific repair will not be covered. You can refer to your warranty guide on page 13 for further info, and always speak to your service manager before adding anything to your vehicle.

Also, Ford Racing Parts come with their own warranty and if your dealer is a FRPP dealer, they will only honor those aftermarket mods. You can locate one of our FRPP authorized dealers here. I hope this helps.

Deysha
Old 4/7/15 | 09:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FordService
Hey guys,

Aftermarket parts will not automatically void “all” of your warranties; however, if it causes a part to fail, that specific repair will not be covered. You can refer to your warranty guide on page 13 for further info, and always speak to your service manager before adding anything to your vehicle.

Also, Ford Racing Parts come with their own warranty and if your dealer is a FRPP dealer, they will only honor those aftermarket mods. You can locate one of our FRPP authorized dealers here. I hope this helps.

Deysha
So does this mean that my dealer sold me a brand new car with supposedly full warranty, but I could have a problem if something goes wrong. They even offered me an extended powertrain warranty. Don't see how they can get away with that if the parts they put in and sold it as new would void it. There was never anything stating that the new car warranty could be void.
Old 4/7/15 | 10:16 AM
Cobra R Member

The aftermarket parts will generally carry a warranty of their own. You need to check the wording of your extended warranty to see what it covers.

I would also be wary of a vehicle modified significantly by a dealer and sold as new.
Old 4/7/15 | 10:19 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FordService
Hey guys,

Deysha
Unfortunately, there are no FRPP dealers within 50 miles of where I live. My local Ford Dealership should get on the ball. lol.

Question: maybe I asked this before, but can you tell if I have an extended warranty on my car. I paid for it, have the paperwork, but there is no information in my owner hub, and it was a Ford ESP. The Platinum version I believe.
Old 4/7/15 | 11:58 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

So does this mean that my dealer sold me a brand new car with supposedly full warranty, but I could have a problem if something goes wrong. They even offered me an extended powertrain warranty. Don't see how they can get away with that if the parts they put in and sold it as new would void it. There was never anything stating that the new car warranty could be void.
Again, you should speak with your service manager, imeyers302. He’s in the best position to answer these questions for you.

Originally Posted by CriticalmassGT
Unfortunately, there are no FRPP dealers within 50 miles of where I live. My local Ford Dealership should get on the ball. lol.

Question: maybe I asked this before, but can you tell if I have an extended warranty on my car. I paid for it, have the paperwork, but there is no information in my owner hub, and it was a Ford ESP. The Platinum version I believe.
I guess they should, CriticalmassGT. Lol! Please PM me with your VIN so I can check on your ESP.

Deysha

Quick Reply: Warranty Infomation on a 2014 Mustang