VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition

Search this Thread

Old 1/29/11, 09:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky
Official word:
Originally Posted by drewzx3
I put a deposit down 12/23 but not sure when it was actually ordered the dealer just said it was ordered. I have no info.
Ask the dealer for a DORA. This will tell you when it was ordered and it also has your priority number and the order number. I noticed on mine that I ordered the car on 1/15/11 but the order didn't go in until 1/23/11. I had to make a change on mine so it got changed to 1/24/11 on the second DORA.

After that its all up to allocation, parts availability, QC issues, etc.
Old 1/29/11, 09:44 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Stang-Par
Ask the dealer for a DORA. This will tell you when it was ordered and it also has your priority number and the order number. I noticed on mine that I ordered the car on 1/15/11 but the order didn't go in until 1/23/11. I had to make a change on mine so it got changed to 1/24/11 on the second DORA.

After that its all up to allocation, parts availability, QC issues, etc.
I finally got my order number and there mailing me my info. They found an 11 the exact same way I ordered my 12 so im seriously considering getting it do to rebates and my $750 coupon that expires 3/5/11.
Old 1/29/11, 09:45 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by hawkeye18
I sure wish I had one of these sent to me for my GT/CS That would make my day
Old 1/29/11, 10:45 AM
Banned

Never heard the term "OK TO BUY". Can you provide the universal translation?
It's not French, you can't get anything more universal than those 3 words ...

Anyways, just like they do EVERY YEAR, when they start a new model year they build and hold the cars to check them over for assembly errors and work through any assembly glitches. When they have "x: number of straight days with no assembly errors (usually 2) they will give the "OK TO BUY" ruling and start shipping cars.

Originally Posted by GT100e
I sure wish I had one of these sent to me for my GT/CS That would make my day
  • Click the link
  • Copy the link out of the address bar.
  • Paste it into a text file and save it.
  • Wait until your dealer gives you a VIN
  • Erase the VIN in the link and replace it with your VIN
  • Resave the text file.
  • Copy and paste the new edited link into the browser's address bar
  • A week or two before you car will be built the Window Sticker will show up.
Old 1/29/11, 11:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Marci, pour l'information pour toutes (my grade 9 French-Canadian sucks!)

Sorry, last time I heard the words "OK TO BUY", it was from my wife. I ended up in a dealership shortly thereafter.
Old 1/29/11, 11:46 AM
Banned

(my grade 9 French-Canadian sucks!)
Non, vraiment?

Sorry, last time I heard the words "OK TO BUY", it was from my wife. I ended up in a dealership shortly thereafter.
Well think same thing only on an industrial scale.
Old 1/29/11, 03:27 PM
Cobra R Member

would the DORA be the same date as the VOC?

----------------
Now playing: Guns N' Roses - Prostitute
via FoxyTunes
Old 1/29/11, 04:18 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Big Vito

----------------
via FoxyTunes
no im pretty sure there different
Old 1/29/11, 05:47 PM
Bullitt Member

----------------
via FoxyTunes
Usually the next business day sometimes a little longer. I think it depends on when the dealer places the order. VOC gets done as soon as the dealer writes up the order. I placed my order on 1/15. I got the DORA a few days later. The DORA showed the date the dealer took the order (1/15) and the date Ford received the order (1/23). I changed my order from 400A to 401A on 1/24. The dealer sent me the revised that they received the next day and it showed the revision date of 1/24.

I think a lot of times the dealer doesn't put the order in right away if they don' have allocation. I could be wrong. My dealer told me that their allocation is this up coming week which may be why they didn't put my order in until 1/24.

Hope this helps.
Old 1/29/11, 07:37 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by drewzx3
no im pretty sure there different
Usually the next business day sometimes a little longer. I think it depends on when the dealer places the order. VOC gets done as soon as the dealer writes up the order. I placed my order on 1/15. I got the DORA a few days later. The DORA showed the date the dealer took the order (1/15) and the date Ford received the order (1/23). I changed my order from 400A to 401A on 1/24. The dealer sent me the revised that they received the next day and it showed the revision date of 1/24.

I think a lot of times the dealer doesn't put the order in right away if they don' have allocation. I could be wrong. My dealer told me that their allocation is this up coming week which may be why they didn't put my order in until 1/24.

Hope this helps.
thanks
Old 1/29/11, 08:47 PM
Banned

VOC (Vehicle Order Confirmation)= What your dealer sends
DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgment)= The order as received by Ford, after it has been checked and approved.

Usually, the dealer sends the order in the system on Day 1 (and a VOC is printed); it is reviewed and entered into the vehicle visibilty system, a DORA is produced and sent back to the dealer the next day.
Old 1/29/11, 09:04 PM
Cobra R Member

VOC (Vehicle Order Confirmation)= What your dealer sends
DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgment)= The order as received by Ford, after it has been checked and approved.

Usually, the dealer sends the order in the system on Day 1 (and a VOC is printed); it is reviewed and entered into the vehicle visibilty system, a DORA is produced and sent back to the dealer the next day.
thank you, I guess it would be a bad thing not getting a DORA ----------------
Old 1/29/11, 09:41 PM
Banned

The beauty of getting the DORA is so that you can double-check what precisely was ordered so that you can make corrections before too late in the build process.

For example, I ordered the Kona with a black Over the Top stripe. I was very specific when I ordered, gave the dealer a worksheet with all the order codes of what I wanted. When the order manager put the order in, for some reason the system wouldn't take the code for the stripes (47A). The reason for this apparently was that he needed to insert a tape stripe delete first and then insert the OTT stripe.

So in his confusion, he tried 493 Hood and Side Stripe package, completely different. The system took it, and the order went through. If I hadn't laid eyes on the DORA I wouldn't have known until the car arrived.
Old 1/29/11, 09:48 PM
Bullitt Member

I knew they had to be lying. I will give my dealer until the time in Feb where Ford is again pulling orders. Then, no DORA, an I walk.
Old 1/29/11, 10:05 PM
Cobra R Member

good info, I will wait to hear what the dealer says Monday
The beauty of getting the DORA is so that you can double-check what precisely was ordered so that you can make corrections before too late in the build process.

For example, I ordered the Kona with a black Over the Top stripe. I was very specific when I ordered, gave the dealer a worksheet with all the order codes of what I wanted. When the order manager put the order in, for some reason the system wouldn't take the code for the stripes (47A). The reason for this apparently was that he needed to insert a tape stripe delete first and then insert the OTT stripe.

So in his confusion, he tried 493 Hood and Side Stripe package, completely different. The system took it, and the order went through. If I hadn't laid eyes on the DORA I wouldn't have known until the car arrived.
Old 1/31/11, 05:23 AM
GT Member

Anyways, just like they do EVERY YEAR, when they start a new model year they build and hold the cars to check them over for assembly errors and work through any assembly glitches. When they have "x: number of straight days with no assembly errors (usually 2) they will give the "OK TO BUY" ruling and start shipping cars.

• Click the link
  • Copy the link out of the address bar.
  • Paste it into a text file and save it.
  • Wait until your dealer gives you a VIN
  • Erase the VIN in the link and replace it with your VIN
  • Resave the text file.
  • Copy and paste the new edited link into the browser's address bar
  • A week or two before you car will be built the Window Sticker will show up.
Thanks for great info, I copied the link and the instructions too
Old 1/31/11, 09:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Just for some further clarity on how "OK-TO-BUY" and scheduling works......Lets say, such as in my case, the dealers allocation comes up this week and there is a wait for the "OK-TO-BUY". Would one expect the status to change from Unscheduled/clean to "sent to plant" by the end of the week or would the allocation be skipped until the "OK-TO-BUY" is issued? If it does go "sent to plant" would the a VIN then get issued shortly after but no schedule date until the "OK-TO-BUY" is issued? Just trying to be an informed consumer.
Old 1/31/11, 11:26 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ordered my 2012 today!
Old 1/31/11, 11:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by LEwis26
Ordered my 2012 today!
Beauty!
Old 1/31/11, 11:51 AM
Banned

Just for some further clarity on how "OK-TO-BUY" and scheduling works......Lets say, such as in my case, the dealers allocation comes up this week and there is a wait for the "OK-TO-BUY". Would one expect the status to change from Unscheduled/clean to "sent to plant" by the end of the week or would the allocation be skipped until the "OK-TO-BUY" is issued? If it does go "sent to plant" would the a VIN then get issued shortly after but no schedule date until the "OK-TO-BUY" is issued? Just trying to be an informed consumer.
No, you will not see a {sent to plant} anytime soon, it's not how the system works. The order isn't "sent to plant" until just before the car starts down the line.

The next step for you is getting a VIN, from there it will either be with a VIN and "unscheduled-clean" or with a VIN and "scheduled to week". Then you will wait longer until it gets to a few weeks before and it will be "scheduled to day". Then a day or two before that day, it will be "sent to plant".

Since the plant hasn't given the "OK to Buy" yet it means that no retail orders will be SCHEDULED until then but that doesn't mean that they can't issue a VIN. BUT, it may mean that a dealer order (even with a lower priority (higher number)) might get scheduled even though your car has a higher priority.

Quick Reply: VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition