2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

UPDATE: All retail ORDERS are now scheduling for the Detroit Market

Search this Thread

Old 4/9/10, 06:09 AM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation UPDATE: All retail ORDERS are now scheduling for the Detroit Market

As the title says AAI is now scheduling all retail orders for the Detroit market.
Keep in mind it takes time to load the system so if you dont already have a VIN (I got mine yesterday, scheduled for the week of 4/26) be patient!

Other Markets will launch VERY VERY VERY soon if the dont launch today/Monday.

Shaun
Old 4/9/10, 06:25 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its tough to be patient but we have no other choice do we? Still waiting on mine in NY.
Old 4/9/10, 06:28 AM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

Originally Posted by RedCandy5.0
Its tough to be patient but we have no other choice do we? Still waiting on mine in NY.
pretty much. It does suck though.

In NY you should be hitting the system early next week if all goes to plan. I will PM you if I hear of any delays.
Old 4/9/10, 06:45 AM
Bullitt Member

WEEEEE!
Old 4/9/10, 06:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

That's great news! I haven't been waiting as long as half of you and I'm already going crazy.
Old 4/9/10, 07:23 AM
Team Mustang Source

They still have people that can afford Mustangs living in Detroit?
Old 4/9/10, 07:24 AM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

Originally Posted by bpmurr
Old 4/9/10, 07:52 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by bpmurr
They all work for Ford. :-)
Old 4/9/10, 08:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well surely that can't take too long. It's just one city and maybe a few surrounding areas? Glad things are finally rolling.
Old 4/9/10, 09:01 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
They all work for Ford. :-)
Not all of us.....I work for GM !!!!
Old 4/9/10, 12:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Stinger1982
As the title says AAI is now scheduling all retail orders for the Detroit market.
Keep in mind it takes time to load the system so if you dont already have a VIN (I got mine yesterday, scheduled for the week of 4/26) be patient!

Other Markets will launch VERY VERY VERY soon if the dont launch today/Monday.

Shaun
I don't understand what this means... there are lots of people on the site from outside Detroit who said their's are scheduled for 4/12 or 4/19...
Old 4/9/10, 12:56 PM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

Originally Posted by InsidiousGT
I don't understand what this means... there are lots of people on the site from outside Detroit who said their's are scheduled for 4/12 or 4/19...
Those are units that were cars ordered for retail stock. There are like 5 threads that explain that story. I'm on my iPhone so I can type it all out.
Old 4/9/10, 01:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Those are units that were cars ordered for retail stock. There are like 5 threads that explain that story. I'm on my iPhone so I can type it all out.
Erg... there seriously needs to be better terms for this... Jeff's threads talk about "Retail Order Verification" orders which are also called just "retail orders" and according to him are prioritized before stock orders, these are the people with build dates of early/mid April. Now you have a thread labeled "retail orders" and according to you they are after dealer stock...

I hate to be the only retard getting confused by this but oh well...
Old 4/9/10, 01:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Erg... there seriously needs to be better terms for this... Jeff's threads talk about "Retail Order Verification" orders which are also called just "retail orders" and according to him are prioritized before stock orders, these are the people with build dates of early/mid April. Now you have a thread labeled "retail orders" and according to you they are after dealer stock...

You're not the only one. See my saga of trying to understand it all in this thread:

https://themustangsource.com/showthread.php?t=481962

Sounds like nobody can explain it, only the by the book stuff can be acknowledged as real...
Old 4/9/10, 01:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Ok, I'm not an insider or anything, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

There's really only two types of orders (and I'm paraphrasing because I don't know the vernacular).

Retail Stock
Customer Retail

The retail stock is the stock for the dealership. The stories you hear about people getting Serialized (VIN #) are people who put in an order and their dealer put the Retail Stock order priority number on the order (to get the car sooner for their customer, whatever), most likely.

The other order type is the customer retail. Now I believe a dealer CAN order cars for their customers, without using the Retail Verification program. They'd be silly to do this, as it would count against their allotment if they did. These orders are the ones being referenced in the thread about Detroit orders being Serialized. They come after the "Stock" orders, and I was under the impression this would only happen once the OK to Sell came down from the powers that be.

I think where you're getting confused is the supposed Delivery Date for the two order types. Based on what happened with the '05's, Jeff I think has said that the Stock orders sat on the lot at the factory, near the rail head. They collected lots of rail dust, and needed some TLC. In addition to that, they were the last to leave the lot, as they had to get rid of all the cars that came after(Customer Retail). This is because God said the first shall be last and the last shall be first in one of those testaments.
Old 4/9/10, 01:26 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

You mine as well quit even trying to understand it all. I do not understand how some retail orders already have VINs and build dates when others like me have no clue when i will get mine.
You have no control so whenever it gets built it gets built i guess.
Old 4/9/10, 01:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by RedCandy5.0
You mine as well quit even trying to understand it all. I do not understand how some retail orders already have VINs and build dates when others like me have no clue when i will get mine.
You have no control so whenever it gets built it gets built i guess.
This makes me sad panda...

Waiting is hard enough... waiting with no end in sight is even harder.
Old 4/9/10, 02:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

I waited 3 mos. just to order my 07 997S..I had to wait for an allotment and then it took another 2 mos. to build and another month to cross the pond. A car I ordered in late Sept. 07 didn't get here to the dealer until Feb. 28th. I ordered the car from a dealer in Ohio, I live in S. Cali. If I used a dealer here in S. Cali it would have been another 3-4 weeks to get the car as it had to go through the Panama Canal. Instead I ordered a car back east and had it shipped via covered carrier and it got here in 10 days.

The issue here is we are ordering a car that is just starting to being built and we have to burn through the dealer stock orders before any customer orders are being processed (not counting retail orders that were changed to customers preference).

Dave
Old 4/9/10, 02:34 PM
Bullitt Member

pretty much. It does suck though.

In NY you should be hitting the system early next week if all goes to plan. I will PM you if I hear of any delays.
When do you think the PA orders will start?
Old 4/9/10, 02:43 PM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

Originally Posted by rk2112
When do you think the PA orders will start?
From what I was told mid next week.

Quick Reply: UPDATE: All retail ORDERS are now scheduling for the Detroit Market