Sponsored By:

Tune problem - Help !! my V6 wont start

Search this Thread

Old 7/28/12, 12:31 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian

I can deal with new toys having bugs to work out, but SCT needs someone on call 24/7 to help its customers!!!!!!!
Why don't you apply for the weekends?
For all we know I could be the Idevice itself that is causing the issue.

Ppl these days... everything has to be now now now...

Guess this is another reason apple sucks
Old 7/28/12, 12:48 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I can deal with new toys having bugs to work out, but SCT needs someone on call 24/7 to help its customers!!!!!!!
Definitely! Or simply provide a reboot procedure and/or software/cd rom for each purchaser to reload themselves so they aren't stranded in their driveway all weekend!

How hard would that be?? duh!
Old 7/28/12, 01:03 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Originally Posted by cdynaco

Definitely! Or simply provide a reboot procedure and/or software/cd rom for each purchaser to reload themselves so they aren't stranded in their driveway all weekend!

How hard would that be?? duh!
You act like they should have expected this issue...
They were not expecting this issue so they didn't plan for it...

Do you have a backup plan if you get fired? are you gonna go the weekend with nothing?
Might want to plan. As you can see Sct didn't.
Old 7/28/12, 01:20 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by texastboneking

Do you have a backup plan if you get fired? are you gonna go the weekend with nothing?
Old 7/28/12, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol that guy must be the DUMBEST employee at SCT trying to defend them or something.
Old 7/28/12, 01:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are a huge "trusted" company that produces electronic components that have a possibility of leaving you stranded without a vehicle. Yea its your choice to tune or not to, but you expect a certain level of service with the price you pay.

They have no clue on what issues to expect with their new products. So the least they could do is provide 24/7 tech support, just like the majority of other electrical component companys. Hell if not 24/7, at least Saturday-Sunday 9 to 5 support. There are plenty of people out there looking for work
Old 7/28/12, 01:44 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Tron84
They are a huge "trusted" company that produces electronic components that have a possibility of leaving you stranded without a vehicle. Yea its your choice to tune or not to, but you expect a certain level of service with the price you pay.

They have no clue on what issues to expect with their new products. So the least they could do is provide 24/7 tech support, just like the majority of other electrical component companys. Hell if not 24/7, at least Saturday-Sunday 9 to 5 support. There are plenty of people out there looking for work
Exactly. Its all about Customer Service.

And this is far from the first time I've read this happening with SCT. All AM says is "call SCT". Well SCT has "gone fishin" for the weekend and left their customer stranded.

I don't know if Diablosport is as good or better but I do not ever remember reading about them having random issues like SCT.
Old 7/28/12, 02:01 PM
Bullitt Member

I couldn't agree more. I work in the tech industry and I know that no technology isn't perfect. Most people are at a job M-F and don't have the time to call support and troubleshoot during 9-5 hours. I'm not saying they need to be there 24/7 but weekend support at least on a Saturday would have been helpful. SCT told me this is there busiest time of the season and that why your placed on hold for 20 minutes a pop. If you know that in advance then staff up for the summer.

Last edited by dball584; 7/28/12 at 02:06 PM.
Old 7/28/12, 03:17 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Ehh. Must be a southern hospitality thing. Takes more than a software issue to **** me off. If they were not helping then I would be mad but they are obviously trying to fix it...

Guess I'm just to easy going
Old 7/29/12, 09:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Ehh. Must be a southern hospitality thing. Takes more than a software issue to **** me off. If they were not helping then I would be mad but they are obviously trying to fix it...

Guess I'm just to easy going
It turns into a little more than just a software issue when you are stuck without a vehicle.
If you put yourself in his shoes i think you can see where the frustration comes from.

The weekend support seems to make the most sense since everyone works during the week and most tune installs probably take place during the weekend.
Old 7/29/12, 09:38 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
....and the dealer is closed on weekends when your stock car fails.....same difference with work schedules and many businesses.
Old 7/29/12, 10:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Lets not get into the quality of service from dealerships, thats on a whole different level
Old 7/29/12, 03:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by AzPete
....and the dealer is closed on weekends when your stock car fails.....same difference with work schedules and many businesses.
My dealer's service and parts departments are open seven days a week.
Old 7/29/12, 08:58 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I used a Diablosport Predator tuner (part #07145) on my supercharged '07 Mustang GT. Never once had a glitch or issue. Easy to use, bigger screen, loaded waaaaaaay faster than my SCT tuner. Diablosport is getting my hard earned money when it's time for a new tuner.
Old 7/29/12, 10:27 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I agree, there's definitely a issue, a guy I met at the track a couple weeks ago, almost was stranded at the track 2.5 hrs away from home, he had the SCT tuner connected and loaded the tune, Well the car wouldn't start. He tried several things and hrs later he got it back to stock tune and car started..
Old 7/29/12, 10:31 PM
Cobra R Member

Exactly. Its all about Customer Service.

And this is far from the first time I've read this happening with SCT. All AM says is "call SCT". Well SCT has "gone fishin" for the weekend and left their customer stranded.

I don't know if Diablosport is as good or better but I do not ever remember reading about them having random issues like SCT.
I have a SCT3 from my 2004 Mach1 that's just sitting in the cabinet, I haven't tried using it with a new tune for the Boss, but I can tell you before this I had a Diablo Predator and I loved it, I understand many dealers like the SCT, but as a consumer Diablo has been great.
Old 7/29/12, 11:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I remember early 2000s when Diablo was more popular, but people had all kinds of issues with their tunes - SCT rose to #1, at least with Ford tuners. This is the first I'm hearing of issues with SCT, and really they're software bugs, not tune related.
Old 7/29/12, 11:10 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
I remember early 2000s when Diablo was more popular, but people had all kinds of issues with their tunes - SCT rose to #1, at least with Ford tuners. This is the first I'm hearing of issues with SCT, and really they're software bugs, not tune related.
Probably 100% correct, but imagine being stranded almost 3hrs away from home . Load tune at track on weekend and no help, imagine the towing expense.
Old 7/29/12, 11:15 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UnrealFord
I have a SCT3 from my 2004 Mach1 that's just sitting in the cabinet, I haven't tried using it with a new tune for the Boss, but I can tell you before this I had a Diablo Predator and I loved it, I understand many dealers like the SCT, but as a consumer Diablo has been great.
That tuner won't work with the 2011+ cars. YOu will have to get a new tuner. They changed for the 2011+
Old 7/30/12, 12:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by UnrealFord

Probably 100% correct, but imagine being stranded almost 3hrs away from home . Load tune at track on weekend and no help, imagine the towing expense.
I agree. I can absolutely understand that frustration. And I also agree SCT needs weekend support. It's got me worried now because I have the iTSX on my DD Escape...

Quick Reply: Tune problem - Help !! my V6 wont start