Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Trade-in on a special order...

Search this Thread

Old 4/7/10, 04:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RedCandy5.0
I just wrote Paul this morning with the same concerns and this is what he said.

Joe,

"I am sure that happens at a lot of stores but that doesn’t happen at Van Bortel. As long as the car arrives here as it was described you get the value we offered you."

My car is garaged and not drivin in the winter or the rain. My car is in better condition than when i drove it off the lot. Immaculate.

Indeed it is !
Old 4/7/10, 04:29 PM
Bullitt Member

My dealer has been begging for me to do a trade in on my 08.....I get emails, calls.....they want me in a gt500 11, but last time they went to the new 5.0 as well.

But heh..I think I will stick with my 08. I have it just the way I want it and with the power as well. My dealership are not fools. They know they could give me money on mines, and easily sell it for the same price or more in the next week. No garage, but my baby gets washed and waxed every Friday, and gets regular check ups
Old 4/7/10, 07:03 PM
Bullitt Member

What's the best way to find out a starting point for what to expect on my truck? KBB values it at $18,800 for private party- I know I'll never get that. KBB trade value is a hair under $15k, but today I had two independent "used truck dealers" laugh at me when I said I owe $12,500 on it, that they'd POSSIBLY pay that much to help me out.

Um... no. I get the tricks of sales- it's my job to know, expose, and utilize those tricks (with moral) every day. They're attempting to make me feel like they're doing me a favor so I'll bite on the spot. I also noticed that they both jumped to tell me that if anyone offers me more, to call them back and let them know so they can try to beat the other price.
Screw that drama.

Where can I go to get a reasonable idea on what my truck will actually be worth when I'm ready to trade it in?
Old 4/7/10, 08:08 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't know how far you would be willing to travel but don't know anywhere near you(Baton Rouge/New Orleans) to point you to.

If you are willing to go 200-250 miles you could come over here to the Houston area and go to the place I suggested before, Carmax, they buy used cars and generally will give more than most other places. They may be able to give you some kind of idea about what they would pay over the phone. www.carmax.com
Old 4/7/10, 08:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for that reminder, man- I'd forgotten to look further into that. I'll probably get in touch with them soon, at least to see if they could get me a reasonable price. I wouldn't hesitate to drive it to Houston if that's what it'll take. I have family in Kemah- could even make a weekend visit out of it.
Old 4/7/10, 08:31 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
Do you have a Carmax near where you live? If so, take your truck to them and sell it to them, they will give you a fair wholesale price but it will be quite a bit less than retail but so will the trade value against the new car.
carmax is a joke lol.

they offered me 3500 for my car
Old 4/7/10, 08:41 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fazm
carmax is a joke lol.

they offered me 3500 for my car
Last car they gave me an offer on was more than the dealer offered me on trade, ended up selling it out instead but their offer was better than the dealer.