2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

trade-in question/ wheel question

Search this Thread

Old 9/23/13, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trade-in question/ wheel question

So I ordered a 2014 5.0 and I'm expecting delivery any day. I had planned to sell my car for down payment but have been too busy and was just now able to list it, and it probably won't sell in time. I have just decided that I will trade it in if it doesn't sell, but considering the tires and wheels are only 3 months old and I will be getting less money for trade in I would prefer to keep the wheels and put them on the 2014 since I was going to buy the same ones anyway.

I already talked to my wheel place they said they would work even with the Brembo brakes I have on the new one, just need to do the pressure monitoring system.

So my question is does anyone know if the dealership will let me switch out the wheels? Put the brand new Brembo pack wheels on my 05, which will fit, and put my wheels on the new one? I do have the ugly stock ones from 05 in storage, but I'm really trying to avoid spending money on new tires for them as they are completely rotted.

I plan to go in person to the dealership next week and ask, of course the new car might be here by then, but wanted to see if anyone knew on here as well.

Thanks

Last edited by STANGIT-NV; 9/23/13 at 07:55 PM.
Old 9/23/13, 08:30 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Dealer should have no issues.....as long as the tire size is within the guidelines. May try to charge you for the swap and the tps reset.

Last edited by AzPete; 9/23/13 at 08:33 PM.
Old 9/23/13, 09:05 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What wheels are on your '07?

I'd make sure they will clear the Brembos before doing anything.

Were it me, I'd get some used tires for the '07 wheels and sell the Brembo wheels/tires, you'll come out ahead.
Old 9/23/13, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
What wheels are on your '07?

I'd make sure they will clear the Brembos before doing anything.

Were it me, I'd get some used tires for the '07 wheels and sell the Brembo wheels/tires, you'll come out ahead.
I have offset Konig 20s. I went and checked last week, they checked and said it will clear the Brembos no problem. I spent about 3000 on new wheels and tires then the next month decided I just wanted a new car. I thought about selling the Brembo wheels, I just don't have a whole lot of free time nowadays, and refuse to let people come to my house to look at them. Vegas people are shady....

The tire place I go to said they could put cheap tires on the stock wheels for 310... Might go to a little hole in the wall joint and compare prices.
Old 9/24/13, 08:21 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Could always hit up one of those used tire places for a cheap set to trade in with the older wheels.
Old 9/25/13, 07:40 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Originally Posted by AzPete
Could always hit up one of those used tire places for a cheap set to trade in with the older wheels.
This. I'm sure a tire shop near you would have some acceptable ones. Then keep the stock wheels, and when you get time post them for sale on the forum. No shady people here.....I hope.