Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Traction control off

Search this Thread

Old 6/4/14, 07:56 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Traction control off

Hey guys, ive had my car for around 2 yrs now and i respect its power. I always leave my TC on just in case but ive got a tune that i was advised to load when i go to the dyno. They said it would make it easier on the machinery. My tune turns all the nannies off and im iust curious if this car will get away from me. Of course i will drive responsibly i just dont know what to expect?

I dont redline every gear but im assuming i will spin a little more now? I lm just not sure if i will be cruising in 3rd around 60 mph and get into it at around 4-5k if it will sit sideways on me... Can anyone give some tips on how to keep it tame?
Old 6/4/14, 08:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
I think you will be ok, unless you go WOT in a downpour. I'm pushing just under 600HP and I can't get mine sideways at 60. Of course I'm running a 295 tire though.
Originally Posted by YouGoGlenCocoa
Hey guys, ive had my car for around 2 yrs now and i respect its power. I always leave my TC on just in case but ive got a tune that i was advised to load when i go to the dyno. They said it would make it easier on the machinery. My tune turns all the nannies off and im iust curious if this car will get away from me. Of course i will drive responsibly i just dont know what to expect?

I dont redline every gear but im assuming i will spin a little more now? I lm just not sure if i will be cruising in 3rd around 60 mph and get into it at around 4-5k if it will sit sideways on me... Can anyone give some tips on how to keep it tame?
Old 6/4/14, 08:11 PM
GT Member

I surely appreciate it. Really dont want to total my car or hurt anyone from stupidity. I do have full suspension, but stock tires :/ maybe 10's or 11's in the rears coming soon. I never go WOT. I guess im not a rebel lol but i do enjoys rolls
Old 6/4/14, 08:36 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why would you want a tune that turns off the TC and ESC?

I wouldn't use a tune like that myself, you paid for those hi-tech features when you bought the car and they work well, are a great safety feature, and can save your behind so why turn them off semi-permanently?

It's not like it takes a great effort to turn them off when you need to in a racing situation, but for the street it isn't necessary.
Old 6/4/14, 08:45 PM
GT Member

It just came with 3 tunes from my tuner this one is titled "drag tune" alone with performance tune (same thing with nannies on) and an idle lope tune.
Old 6/4/14, 08:49 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
Why would you want a tune that turns off the TC and ESC?

Its for the track so the driver doesn't have to constantly disable TC/ESC in between runs
Old 6/4/14, 08:58 PM
GT Member

Ive ran at the track before and had a blast!!! Im still a noob but id be afraid id put myself into a wall with it all turned off. Convenient tune i guess
Old 6/4/14, 11:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You should seriously consider going to a high performance driving school to learn how to handle your car. I drive with my TC totally off unless it's wet then I use Sport Mode just for my own piece of mind. Education is what you make of it, and if you really want to enjoy all of that power, get a good one!
Old 6/5/14, 06:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Ive ran at the track before and had a blast!!! Im still a noob but id be afraid id put myself into a wall with it all turned off. Convenient tune i guess
you stand more of a chance putting yourself into a wall running wot with TC on. Just hold it down for 6 sec and drive.
Old 6/5/14, 07:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
... If it makes you feel better, I almost ALWAYS drive with mine turned off. Think about it this way... TC hasn't been around forever. Chevelles, Mustangs, Camaros, El Caminos... lol

Your car will not try and kill you.
If you're driving normal and even spirited, the nannies are probably not even engaging.
Old 6/5/14, 07:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Krohn
... If it makes you feel better, I almost ALWAYS drive with mine turned off. Think about it this way... TC hasn't been around forever. Chevelles, Mustangs, Camaros, El Caminos... lol Your car will not try and kill you. If you're driving normal and even spirited, the nannies are probably not even engaging.
^this

I turn mine off right after I click the seat belt. I don't think I've driven more than 50 miles with it on since I bought the car.
Old 6/5/14, 09:25 AM
GT Member

I really appreciate all the help guys. Thanks for clearing this up for me
Old 6/6/14, 02:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
... If it makes you feel better, I almost ALWAYS drive with mine turned off. Think about it this way... TC hasn't been around forever. Chevelles, Mustangs, Camaros, El Caminos... lol

Your car will not try and kill you.
If you're driving normal and even spirited, the nannies are probably not even engaging.
Originally Posted by Bocefus
^this

I turn mine off right after I click the seat belt. I don't think I've driven more than 50 miles with it on since I bought the car.
Personally, that's foolish. Those classic muscle cars didn't have ABS either; have you disconnected that? They probably had bias-ply tires too; have you thrown away your radials?

I don't love all the new electronic nannies (laser cruise, blind-spot monitoring, etc.) but AdvanceTrac is **** good and Ford has it tuned so you will only even engage it if you get way out of control. I've taken off hard enough that I get a chirp in 3rd gear and never trigger AdvanceTrac, and that's not even with the Sport mode you get with the Track Pack. So why you would disable those features for regular driving is beyond me. Hell, even for track driving, they're going to help a ton unless you're one helluva good driver...and I'm going to bet 90%+ of us on this board aren't good enough to be better off without it.
Old 6/6/14, 03:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kylerohde
Personally, that's foolish. Those classic muscle cars didn't have ABS either; have you disconnected that? They probably had bias-ply tires too; have you thrown away your radials?

I don't love all the new electronic nannies (laser cruise, blind-spot monitoring, etc.) but AdvanceTrac is **** good and Ford has it tuned so you will only even engage it if you get way out of control. I've taken off hard enough that I get a chirp in 3rd gear and never trigger AdvanceTrac, and that's not even with the Sport mode you get with the Track Pack. So why you would disable those features for regular driving is beyond me. Hell, even for track driving, they're going to help a ton unless you're one helluva good driver...and I'm going to bet 90%+ of us on this board aren't good enough to be better off without it.
It engages with me when I don't want it to. So, I turn it off.
Old 6/7/14, 05:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
Originally Posted by Trumpetlon
You should seriously consider going to a high performance driving school to learn how to handle your car. I drive with my TC totally off unless it's wet then I use Sport Mode just for my own piece of mind. Education is what you make of it, and if you really want to enjoy all of that power, get a good one!
x2 ... I always drive with the system fully off, and at 591 rwhp the car has yet to try to kill me, lol

Same here.

It engages with me when I don't want it to. So, I turn it off.
Exactly.

OP, you say you've had the car 2 years and never go WOT?
Go out there and enjoy the car man ... that's a waste of 400+ hp ...
Old 6/7/14, 06:17 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Lately I've been driving with one push of the tc button. The Maggie keeps me focused on the road since I can break free anytime even with 305 drag radials out back. I like driving in sport mode too.
Old 6/7/14, 06:19 AM
GT Member

Ive been WOT a few times, ive owned a few sports bikes but never a car with this much power. Been kind of hard lately for me to find roads that are unoccupied to really open it up.
Old 6/7/14, 07:41 AM

where to open it up

Ive been WOT a few times, ive owned a few sports bikes but never a car with this much power. Been kind of hard lately for me to find roads that are unoccupied to really open it up.
Exactly, where to open it up besides the strip? Been my problem too. Seems everytime I pounce on it some one pulls in front of me or the law appears out of nowhere. Frustrating. Regarding TC, mines been on and I have chirped in 3rd as well (when lucky enough to pounce for more than a few seconds)!
Old 6/7/14, 08:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by kylerohde
Personally, that's foolish. Those classic muscle cars didn't have ABS either; have you disconnected that? They probably had bias-ply tires too; have you thrown away your radials? I don't love all the new electronic nannies (laser cruise, blind-spot monitoring, etc.) but AdvanceTrac is **** good and Ford has it tuned so you will only even engage it if you get way out of control. I've taken off hard enough that I get a chirp in 3rd gear and never trigger AdvanceTrac, and that's not even with the Sport mode you get with the Track Pack. So why you would disable those features for regular driving is beyond me. Hell, even for track driving, they're going to help a ton unless you're one helluva good driver...and I'm going to bet 90%+ of us on this board aren't good enough to be better off without it.
it's foolish that I know how to drive a car without electronic nannies? I have taken many driving courses and race regularly auto x and drag. I know how to handle a car.
Old 6/7/14, 03:03 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
it's foolish that I know how to drive a car without electronic nannies? I have taken many driving courses and race regularly auto x and drag. I know how to handle a car.
^ THIS. Took the words out of my mouth. I work on vehicle stability control functions, I've been trained in limit handling, and understanding vehicle dynamics is my bread and butter. Plus I also track my car. On my own Mustang I have not had a single stability control intervention occur while I wasn't already counter steering. And at that point the intervention is more annoying than anything. So as soon as I decide to slide I turn AdvenceTrac off.

If you can't drift your car, or make it yaw with your right foot, than stability control is for you. If you can do these things, you're better off driving with AdvanceTrac OFF. Otherwise the system will intervene WHILE you're making your own correction. This can lead to a double-correction causing addition of a yaw torque and ultimately causes loss of precision.

Kyle, for the general public your statement is accurate. But don't forget some people on this forum CAN handle a 400 or 600 HP car on their own. And I don't mean being able to go WOT all the time. I mean knowing when you can afford to go WOT and manage side slip and yaw, and when you have to limit the throttle to 70%.

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 6/7/14 at 03:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Traction control off