2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Traction Control and Advancetrac

Search this Thread

Old 4/1/15 | 06:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Gabe
You're in Manchester ... close enough to Louden Nh where Performance Dyno is located ... Pete is the man when it comes to Mustang tuning ... he does safe tunes so you won't blow it up when you put your foot in it and it happens to be a bit too cold out.

www.performance-dyno.com ..... feel free to say I recommended him. He's also an electrician ... doing my house, will be at my place tomorrow, was there yesterday ... rewiring pretty much the whole place (house I bought in Hudson, renovating the whole place)
That's cool Gabe. I checked out the website. The rates are very reasonable. I'll give him a call. We need to organize a New Hampshire cruise night or day.

I am originally from NJ and moved here 7 years ago and don't know a soul. Still feel like a fish out of water up here.

Your help is most appreciated.

Last edited by 2014GHIGGT; 4/1/15 at 06:16 PM.
Old 4/1/15 | 06:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

I once downshifted to 3rd and punched it. The tires broke loose and traction control kicked in and nearly threw me into a concrete divider because of the braking. So no... I keep mine off most of the time except when the road is wet.
Old 4/1/15 | 08:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 2014GHIGGT
That's cool Gabe. I checked out the website. The rates are very reasonable. I'll give him a call. We need to organize a New Hampshire cruise night or day.

I am originally from NJ and moved here 7 years ago and don't know a soul. Still feel like a fish out of water up here.

Your help is most appreciated.
I just moved to NH about 2 years ago, and only a year ago into this area, so still learning a lot.

The NH Mustang Club is a great bunch of people, ... the club is having their spring dyno day in April, I think it's on Sat the 18th.
And it's at Pete's shop, Performance Dyno.

I plan on putting my car on the rollers again
Old 4/1/15 | 09:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Last1
I once downshifted to 3rd and punched it. The tires broke loose and traction control kicked in and nearly threw me into a concrete divider because of the braking. So no... I keep mine off most of the time except when the road is wet.
I'm with you brother! With that stuff on, the car just feels bound up. Feels like it rolls smoother without it. I don't drive mine in the rain, so I rarely have it on.
Old 4/2/15 | 12:25 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2014GHIGGT
That's the issue. When I shut it off, i get the message that it's off "Advancetrac off" but the system still kicks in. In fact it kicks in so hard that the car falls flat on its face. Almost all power gets pulled for a second or two. When in sport mode It hardly kicks in at all and the car is fun to drive but you can tell the system is holding it back just a bit.
What I'm saying though is just push the button and immediately let off. Then it will say "traction control off". Don't hold it down.
Old 4/2/15 | 07:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by choate
What I'm saying though is just push the button and immediately let off. Then it will say "traction control off". Don't hold it down.
I understand. That doesn't work the way it should either. I have tried all 4 modes.

All systems engaged

TC Off

Advancetrac off

Sport Mode
Old 4/2/15 | 09:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Robert, I spoke with Pete (the tuner) today about your car he said a lot of cars do it on his dyno, he has to sometimes "fully disable" the advancetrac 2-3 times before it finally shuts down.
Old 4/2/15 | 09:43 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Gabe
Robert, I spoke with Pete (the tuner) today about your car he said a lot of cars do it on his dyno, he has to sometimes "fully disable" the advancetrac 2-3 times before it finally shuts down.

Thats annoying to have to do that and hope that it gets turned off completely.
I'm not doubting him. just saying.