2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Touch up paint / What's the BEST

Search this Thread

Old 6/18/14, 03:39 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Touch up paint / What's the BEST

I took my car in for service. I knew this was a bad idea from the start.

My muffler tips were all scratched up. it looked like they draged the tips across the floor before installing them at the factory. The service manager shook his head and could not believe how bad they looked.

After two attempts to install the new mufflers ( what a fiasco ) that was.
They got them installed. But as luck would have it they put a nick in the drivers door opening. Yep Ruby Red car with a White chip.

My question is what is the best way to touch this up?

Brush touch up paint.

Spray touch up paint.

Wet sand to get the white paint off and put on door edge guards??
Old 6/18/14, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If they put the nick in the paint they should fix it and fix it right. The touch up paint never looks right.
Old 6/18/14, 04:04 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by coolflea216
If they put the nick in the paint they should fix it and fix it right. The touch up paint never looks right.
QFT! I tried some Dr colorchip and it didn't turn out that th great.
Old 6/18/14, 04:21 PM
Cobra Member

Agreed. I took it over to the Body Shop to have them look at some foreign matter under the paint in a few spots. The Mustang factory is oppose to have one of the best paint lines in the world. Yea Right!!! They will wet sand and buff the issues but RR paint is almost impossible to blend and repair..

: devil:
Old 6/18/14, 04:21 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts
I hate taking my car in for any service. It seems like every time I do i find a scratch or some other issue. It's common because lots of people just don't care.
Old 6/19/14, 07:12 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Jazzman442
I took my car in for service. I knew this was a bad idea from the start.
My muffler tips were all scratched up. it looked like they draged the tips across the floor before installing them at the factory. The service manager shook his head and could not believe how bad they looked.

After two attempts to install the new mufflers ( what a fiasco ) that was.
They got them installed. But as luck would have it they put a nick in the drivers door opening. Yep Ruby Red car with a White chip.
Hey Jazzman442,

You should speak with your service manager about this issue. Also, your dealer’s body shop is able to get the OEM steps on how to match the paint on your vehicle. Let me know the outcome.

Deysha
Old 6/19/14, 11:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
from my experience the shop guys never do any damage. Yea right at least they never admit to it..... its like you have to take pictures when you drop it off for evidence in case anything happens
Old 6/19/14, 09:57 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
from my experience the shop guys never do any damage. Yea right at least they never admit to it..... its like you have to take pictures when you drop it off for evidence in case anything happens

You are so right. I even asked them if I could just get my car it is around back next to the big White truck. They said no. Well guess what??? It has a white chip on the door...
Old 6/19/14, 10:04 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by FordService
Hey Jazzman442,

You should speak with your service manager about this issue. Also, your dealer’s body shop is able to get the OEM steps on how to match the paint on your vehicle. Let me know the outcome.

Deysha

The Body shop manager told me he would Wet sand and make the paint smooth instead of a bump in it. That will help. I have to go back in a few weeks when they are not so busy to have that done. The white chip well tells me you might want to live with it Because you will never match this color. Ruby Red is beautiful to look at and total night mare to take care of and will never match the paint.

After cleaning the car today and waxing it I am thinking I have a bigger issue. There are small little dots all over in the paint...

Deysha.. Thank you for looking at this issue. I will let you know in a couple weeks I'm going to see how there schedule is and let you know.

You know you get to a point where you don't want to bring it back to the dealer because you know they just don't care. My first trip in and all this happens. I just hate to complain.. It should just be done right the first time..

Deysha Thank you again
Old 6/20/14, 07:45 AM

The Body shop manager told me he would Wet sand and make the paint smooth instead of a bump in it. That will help. I have to go back in a few weeks when they are not so busy to have that done. The white chip well tells me you might want to live with it Because you will never match this color. Ruby Red is beautiful to look at and total night mare to take care of and will never match the paint.

After cleaning the car today and waxing it I am thinking I have a bigger issue. There are small little dots all over in the paint...

Deysha.. Thank you for looking at this issue. I will let you know in a couple weeks I'm going to see how there schedule is and let you know.

You know you get to a point where you don't want to bring it back to the dealer because you know they just don't care. My first trip in and all this happens. I just hate to complain.. It should just be done right the first time..

Deysha Thank you again
I understand where you’re coming from, Jazzman442. Let me know when you make the appointment to bring it back in so I can escalate it.

Deysha
Old 6/20/14, 08:13 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by FordService
I understand where you’re coming from, Jazzman442. Let me know when you make the appointment to bring it back in so I can escalate it.

Deysha

Deysha,

I will thank!! You are the BEST!!!!
Old 6/20/14, 02:22 PM

Deysha,

I will thank!! You are the BEST!!!!
You're welcome, Jazzman442!

Deysha